Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:clap Shame you couldn't get the coat on w/o any modding. I feel alone. :( lol

:lol

I'm sure it would have fit because the chest padding really isn't that bulky and doesn't make a huge difference. I just decided to take it off because the tunic + the coat is bulky enough and doesn't need any extra help.

I still want to get this figure. I waited to long to get it on SSC, but He seems pretty easy to get. The Sculpts are very good in my opinion.

Same, I waited hoping he would eventually come back and get a better costume but it doesn't seem likely anymore. I may just pick this one up and just dye the grey suit darker.

Jump on it fellas before you miss the last train! If you look around or try to negotiate a deal on eBay you can still score a MISB for around $225. I think the time for this is coming to an end really quickly and soon they will all be $275+

Jump on it fellas before you miss the last train! If you look around or try to negotiate a deal on eBay you can still score a MISB for around $225. I think the time for this is coming to an end really quickly and soon they will all be $275+

Gonna look into it for sure, would like to have him in my eventual villains display of Thanos, Ultron, Loki and this guy.

It really is a great figure. It's only main flaw is that he's a little short but that was the scale of many of the older figures. I stuck long pegs on him to add a smidge.

Although I always liked the character and performance from day one, it was just one of those figures that I didn't think I needed when it was first released. I always admired it when it was on display at Forbidden Planet but figured I could skip it and save the money and space (my girl used to try to talk me into it too. She used to say "come on, you do want this? Look how good the sculpts are! Look how dope his uniform is with the red piping :lol) As I grew to be a bigger Cap fan, Johann became much more a must have to own.

There were give away deals on this guy for a long time but the doors are pretty much closed on that. If you can still score one at this point (year and a half after being sold out) for $15-$30 over retail, then that's still a steal in the big scheme of things

:exactly: I was lucky to get mine during the "drought" when no one wanted them, got 2 for $175 each. I'm a student of the WWII period, the time fascinates me, and Captain America was my favorite Marvel superhero since the 80s when I was first introduced to him, so it is right that I have the entire HT Captain America collections. If HT made a version of his motorbike, I would get that too! :yess: More pics @ dwkungfustar.blogspot.com!

DSCN3887.jpg

DSCN3876.jpg

He does look amazing and I'm pretty sure I could get one for around £150 in the UK maybe less. Just wondering if there's any pics showing the height difference with a newer figure? Like Loki as I have him.

Avengers Cap is slightly taller than the other Caps, not sure if its the boots or not... or maybe he represents the newer figures of the Avengers line?

Avengers Cap is slightly taller than the other Caps, not sure if its the boots or not... or maybe he represents the newer figures of the Avengers line?

*SNIP*

I think he does, I just found this as well and well.....
View attachment 111525
He's a bit of a runt...I wonder if the outfit would fit on one of the newer bodies to make him the same/nearer their height.

^^^ Possibly. It's a standard TTM underneath like all HTs usually. I do remember Loki being a giant.... LOL I always thought he was made too tall.

Embrace it proudly! Witzout fe-ar!

Nice pics DW :yess:. Did you see these?:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-Class...1381?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item5400bc4555

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ZY-TOYS-1-...9020?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item43ca08e39c

I'm not an expert on the bike so I don't know how accurate they are but I discovered those recently while searching for other things.

The Avengers Cap is part of this "new scale" so he is taller than older figures. They made Thor and Loki the same size. Both are good scales for the Avengers line and compared to newer figs in general, but they do tower over older figs.

Do you have long pegs on you TFA cap and not on Red Skull?

The reason why Red Skull is shorter is because the base body is an altered Slim (a Slim with Narrow upper arms and slightly longer ankle sockets):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-TOYS-1...0843?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item20e5e47fbb

I'm assuming that they went that route because the outfit is so bulky that they needed to balance it out with a slimmer body. There's no changing the old scale to the new scale issue. It sucks but we just have to live with it. It's less evident when you separate them in your display but right next to each other it stands out

Thanks! Anyone who owns this know if the colors are accurate and if it is in fact to scale? I have it watched in my eBay, thanks for the links! The more expensive one has more accurate colors I think, plus the cheaper one says it is made of tin? Can anyone confirm which is the best version to get? Also, is there assembly required and is it difficult? I'm not very good with models...

I also wish I knew how to put that clip on the shield so that I could place it on his back. I could never get the shield evenly balanced and straight on his back because of the damn clip!

TFA Cap came with a set of long pegs. I did not realize this for the longest time, haha. He had been standing short for a while until a fellow member here told me about them. Red Skull didn't have any though, I left him as he is since he is just about as tall as my other Cap figures. They will all be displayed together so the height difference with the new line doesn't bother me so much.

Embrace it proudly! Witzout fe-ar!

Nice pics DW :yess:. Did you see these?:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-Class...1381?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item5400bc4555

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ZY-TOYS-1-...9020?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item43ca08e39c

I'm not an expert on the bike so I don't know how accurate they are but I discovered those recently while searching for other things.

The Avengers Cap is part of this "new scale" so he is taller than older figures. They made Thor and Loki the same size. Both are good scales for the Avengers line and compared to newer figs in general, but they do tower over older figs.

Do you have long pegs on you TFA cap and not on Red Skull?

The reason why Red Skull is shorter is because the base body is an altered Slim (a Slim with Narrow upper arms and slightly longer ankle sockets):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-TOYS-1...0843?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item20e5e47fbb

I'm assuming that they went that route because the outfit is so bulky that they needed to balance it out with a slimmer body. There's no changing the old scale to the new scale issue. It sucks but we just have to live with it. It's less evident when you separate them in your display but right next to each other it stands out

Thats my problem cause I want them side by side eventually, I think if I could put the Red Skull outfit on a Avengers Cap body or one with similar height and a skinnier build it would look good.

Back