Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi-res from osw

160849y93uy3gj5d3gkjqg.jpg

160922g7h3my3uggzyhe3z.jpg

160929ucqpcnnn7uvzyo7x.jpg

160941jxdjkykm555fizjp.jpg

160834t4ym67idedn1d66m.jpg

160840mbkmvi3d6zii44z6.jpg

160901a2dvnzir9vidrd3j.jpg

1609088wq2jjvw82btd2td.jpg

160915aj74wl2lya2lpdyy.jpg

160956k9a1mkfkfmogkqm9.jpg

Just picked up Capt'n America today, and lighter suit colour aside, I am soooo stoked for this to be displayed alongside. The suit colour is not a deal breaker by any stretch, because I am only going to display as Red Skull with leather jacket. The Weaving HS is a bonus, that I will use for a Matrix bash.

I really like this figure, but I have to say I think $200 is too high. I mean look at Noland from Predators, he comes with more stuff and is coming out at the same time and is still $15 cheaper.

Anyway, there has been enough _____ing about the price, I don't want to add more then I already have. The figure looks great! Those who are getting it, congrats, I think he will look kick ass next to Cap!

Sideshow has it listed at $200 but AlterEgo has it for $180. Will SS drop their price?

I agree with the hat especially. Looked awesome on him during the opening sequence.

That's because he wore an entirely different outfit in that scene. It was a more classic SS uniform and trench in that rather than the Hydra piece of crap he wore the rest of the film. When I saw that scene at SDCC a year ago, I was thrilled they gave him the SS uniform. But then pics started popping up and it wasn't what I saw at SDCC. Now we know why. :slap

Sideshow has it listed at $200 but AlterEgo has it for $180. Will SS drop their price?

Nope. Have you ever ordered from a retailer before? Thats the norm. 10% discount, but with free shipping, its harder and harder for them to beat Sideshow's final prices on HT items now.

Great job with the photoshop guys! I'd really like the suit to be darker..i dont mind if it's brown, black or green as long as it's dark. (but of course, dark green would be best)

Thats the norm. 10% discount, but with free shipping, its harder and harder for them to beat Sideshow's final prices on HT items now.

Free shipping isn't worth much when all Sideshow does is slap an address sticker on the factory box and throw it in a truck.:slap

When the heck is bbts gonna get this in. Also any1 know if they send out a notification in advance like sideshow does?

Love the sculpts, but Red Skull is not a must have character for me. I will be watching this one to see HT's quality control.

i'm thinking of picking up a couple loose/part out red skull heads instead of getting the whole get up. i'm leaning towards the PF get up, better bash one or two instead. :/

Thanks for posting these, Centrocal...the detail is stunning, but I agree with everyone on the uniform...needs to be darker.

And...as for free shipping, hey, I'll take it!

As for the QC issues....well, I'm having some with the Cap figure I just got (currently being resolved with SS...another great reason to pick these up from them), but it sounds like HT needs to slow done with their release/production schedule a bit to assure top quality. While the gallery of characters HT offers is really great, rising prices are going to make collectors less forgiving for production/quality flubs...not to mention, a little gunshy on future releases if the number of FUs increases...

As for the QC issues....well, I'm having some with the Cap figure I just got (currently being resolved with SS...another great reason to pick these up from them), but it sounds like HT needs to slow done with their release/production schedule a bit to assure top quality. While the gallery of characters HT offers is really great, rising prices are going to make collectors less forgiving for production/quality flubs...not to mention, a little gunshy on future releases if the number of FUs increases...

Really? It already takes roughly a year from photos to delivery. Slowing down really isn't an option.

Doing less licenses would help.
They need to stop making a figure more then what it should be just to raise the price. That would also help.

Greedy collectors have really impacted HTs decline.

What I meant by "slowing down" is adding more QC during the production run...more samples along the way instead of the initial check at the beginning of the run.

What do you mean by "making a figure more than it should be"? Cost-wise to the consumer? Good luck...everything along the production line costs more these days. I've no problem with that as long as the end result is a great figure on my shelf...there's always the choice not to buy....

How have "greedy collector impacted HT's decline"? They're offering more figures from more varied licenses, are able to raise their prices and still maintain intense demand....where's/what's the declne?

Not tryin' to start something here, just wondering where you're coming from...

Back