Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I meant by "slowing down" is adding more QC during the production run...more samples along the way instead of the initial check at the beginning of the run.

What do you mean by "making a figure more than it should be"? Cost-wise to the consumer? Good luck...everything along the production line costs more these days. I've no problem with that as long as the end result is a great figure on my shelf...there's always the choice not to buy....

How have "greedy collector impacted HT's decline"? They're offering more figures from more varied licenses, are able to raise their prices and still maintain intense demand....where's/what's the declne?

Not tryin' to start something here, just wondering where you're coming from...

This is coming from looking at HT from early 2008 to now, and just how much they've changed is all.

What I meant more by "making a figure more then needs to be," is well, take the Black suit Spidy for example. Why does it come with a big ass Sand Man? The figure would be the same without it,and would sell all the same. Does including it lend itself to a bigger price tag? Yes. Thor, with the rock mound (who really uses it anyway??) Same thing. Remember the days when they just came with black stands and a few accessories and we were still happy? Collectors now expect a figure to have some kind of sculpted base or added "wow" factor. But thats okay with HT cause they can continue to jack up the price.

Collectors expect HT to include everything these days while still wanting the price as low as possible. And then when somethings wrong they throw a fit. That's something that didn't really happen until recently.

And then I just look at this figure, and have to ask why is it so much? Looking over at Bank Robber Joker, two heads (equally as sculpted as this) around the same amount of clothing, and way more accessories. Back to this: why is it so much? Because HT knows our dumbasses will still buy it.

Thor, with the rock mound (who really uses it anyway??)

While I agree with your points, I should point out that the Rock structure with Thor was thrown in last minute "free".

As for Red Skull, I plan on displaying him in the black, with the Red Skull and the cube on the plain Black stand. I may consider selling off the rest to compensate for the cost.

Free shipping isn't worth much when all Sideshow does is slap an address sticker on the factory box and throw it in a truck.:slap

Those are shipping boxes. They are meant to be shipped. I don't understand why everyone gets their panties in a bunch over that. You don't need to box up a box thats meant ot be shipped. HT just needs to design their shipping boxes better. Sideshow builds theirs large enough to have stryofoam caps on their 12" figures boxes, HT doesn't. So don't blame Sideshow, blame HT :lecture

Free shipping > insanely overpriced on shipping for slightly more mint box

Dang this figure looks great. If I was collecting the Captain America movie line Id snag it up in a heartbeat. Looking forward to seeing pics once everybody gets thiers.

first figure i think i might put together just need the head and coat.....can make my own square blue thing

Cool figure. I'd be tempted to sell the Hugo head to cut the cost some. Figure I'd get $30 for the head, $180 for discounted figure = $150. Meh, I don't know...who cares...

BB

All you would need is another TT body the shirt and a pair of boots to display both the Hugo and Red Skull HS. Red Skull with the leather coat and Hugo without the coat! Thats exactly what Im gonna do :panic:

I wonder if the red piping is plastic or cloth? If the uniform does end up being light gray, and the piping is plastic, it would be very easy to dye it black or dark green without affecting the piping color.

I think I'll try to kit bash the Hugo head with either Agent Smith attire or a Nazi outfit similar to that from his first scene in CA:TFA

There are still Hydra emblems on that outfit as well though, so it wouldn't be screen accurate

It'd just be a nice set up I think

Ugh, Nazi's

I watched this movie today for first time and now I am more excited to get this.He was great villain.I need to get Truetype because Im want to display both Red Skull and Johann side by side :yess:.

Last edited:
All you would need is another TT body the shirt and a pair of boots to display both the Hugo and Red Skull HS. Red Skull with the leather coat and Hugo without the coat! Thats exactly what Im gonna do :panic:
Didn't think of this. Figure has gone from "not getting it" to "maybe" :D

UH oh, I'm not the only one who was planning to do that, huh? :monkey3 Looks like parted-out Red Skull shirts and boots are gonna be hard to come by!

Back