Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And Hugo Weaving did such a good job of making RS look cool. Before the movie, I knew little about him and was wondering, in the comics, why CA never just straight out kicked his ass. I never knew he was a super solider too. Now I'm digging the character.

I hope to see him in the future. Maybe in the Black Panther movie that could be coming out in 2014. Great way to have a CA cameo.

There's a Black Panther movie coming out in 2014? :panic: Then I'm guessing he'll be worked into the Avengers storyline at some point?

As I recall, Skull's mind was placed in a clone of the perfect Aryan body (Cap's) almost 20 years ago when John Byrne was writing the book. Shortly after he was exposed to his toxin which gave him the red skull. Prior to this it was just a mask (the toxin gave its victims a red skull-visage, much like Joker's venom gives people a smile).

It was the late Mark Gruenwald who wrote that particular storyline in the late 80's. A drastic change to the RS's prior abilities but I loved that arc and was happy to see it appear as part of his movie origin.

Has that rumor been squashed? :horror Not sure I want to hear the answer though. :gah:

Apparently the some studio sources have said it's untrue.

I'm not going to believe anything I hear, because next month we'll know everything.

On the other hand AIM are in IM3.

Just got an email from Sideshow telling me that it ships in 20 days. :)

Great news!!

I was going to wait for the UK sellers to get this guy in but I've got a serious need to get a new figure and would much rather get one that I actually want rather than spend money for the sake of it so I may put in an order with SS....

I got my 20 day notice the other day as well.
Thinking about ordering Amber from Sucker Punch as well.
Making July a real expensive month.

I may try to just pick up an extra body or suit instead of the whole nine.

That's my plan. Just an extra body, suit, and boots. Then I'll track down a good black German WWII hat for him and display him as Schmidt with his pistol and Red Skull with the Tesseract.

Back