Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the prototype a lot, it's great, but I think the final head sculpt is closer in likeness to Hugo Weaving. Still, I like the slight differences of the proto, and it all comes down to what changes are actually positive to a person's likeness when you're making a "comic" figure. I also think it's hard to tell too, the differences are very slight. Once we get our figures in hand it will be easier to compare.

Also, remember these photos? This looks the same as the in production figure, and I'm pretty sure it's the proto. So Hot Toys photos might have just been slighty altered by their camera or something. :dunno

https://www.figuredetails.com/hot-toys-red-skull-p-75.html

Last edited:
Agreed, and that's a bloody shame because that proto was perfect. Sometimes things just need to be left the ____ alone.

Yes, but you ALWAYS have this __________s complaining about something, trying to justify the fact they can´t afford the figure...

And this is what we got... Final sculpts inferior to the protos, because they listen a bunch of morons and try to "fix" things that never had to be fixed in the first place...

Managed to get this guy for the cost I sold my Black Widow so I'm happy! Nothing better than a figure for a figure :)

The only one with the power to request for HS change is the licensor i.e the studio, Mr. Smith himself, or someone from his camp.

HT sometimes like to say they made changes because they heard our complain but that's all PR spin really.

In fact even if the HS is somehow not quite there and it was somehow approved (Prince Dastan anyone?), there is nothing HT can do about it.

Remember the open mouth MK3 BD sculpt? RDJ refused to approved that. Remember the MK4 being delayed because the HS could not be finalized? Well, RDJ rejected like four to five HS before finally approving one.

Milla HS took five revisions also. There are countless other examples but point being, since these are license stuff, the decision maker is the studios or actors or estate not us.

Funny thing is, the costume being grey probably has to do with the Studio also. Marvel did the same thing with Whiplash jumpsuit. It has to be brown instead of orange.

Studios make weird decisions sometimes and they don't feel the need to justify it to us.

Little known fact, a lot of companies try their very best to be as accurate as possible but a lot of the time, the actor or the studio will have some weird request.

One example is the EB MR Bean. That was resculpted a few times because Sir Mr Bean himself wanted a sculpt that look younger and idealized. Talk about vanity.

If Hugo Weaving himself (or someone from his camp) approved the final HS, that means the HS has actually gotten the best possible endorsement that it can possibly has.

And since we did not get the proto HS, obviously Mr Weaving or some decision maker felt that it did not represent him well enough.

The only one with the power to request for HS change is the licensor i.e the studio, Mr. Smith himself, or someone from his camp.

HT sometimes like to say they made changes because they heard our complain but that's all PR spin really.

In fact even if the HS is somehow not quite there and it was somehow approved (Prince Dastan anyone?), there is nothing HT can do about it.

Remember the open mouth MK3 BD sculpt? RDJ refused to approved that. Remember the MK4 being delayed because the HS could not be finalized? Well, RDJ rejected like four to five HS before finally approving one.

Milla HS took five revisions also. There are countless other examples but point being, since these are license stuff, the decision maker is the studios or actors or estate not us.

Funny thing is, the costume being grey probably has to do with the Studio also. Marvel did the same thing with Whiplash jumpsuit. It has to be brown instead of orange.

Studios make weird decisions sometimes and they don't feel the need to justify it to us.

Little known fact, a lot of companies try their very best to be as accurate as possible but a lot of the time, the actor or the studio will have some weird request.

One example is the EB MR Bean. That was resculpted a few times because Sir Mr Bean himself wanted a sculpt that look younger and idealized. Talk about vanity.

If Hugo Weaving himself (or someone from his camp) approved the final HS, that means the HS has actually gotten the best possible endorsement that it can possibly has.

And since we did not get the proto HS, obviously Mr Weaving or some decision maker felt that it did not represent him well enough.

At last, someone lucid. :hi5:

Sorry to give you this news, but you actually lost some money in this transaction...

I don't care about extorting fellow collectors. I made money from what I originally paid for her so even if I was trying to make a profit, something which shouldn't be done between fellow collectors as far as I'm concerned, I think i did anything but lost money.

She's gone on to someone who wanted her and who will enjoy her in their collection and I got a Red Skull out of it... I lost nothing.

:goodpost::clap

Couldn't agree more! Hit the nail on the head

Just to add to the list of headsculpt revisions, DX Jack Sparrow had about 10 different smiling heads before one was finally approved being the one that we got. Kojun showed us all the ones he had done

some great shots

By D ick Po

161616k6twlkgcss7d1cjw.jpg

161612whfuasq6hsmz66f5.jpg

161648j5fu0m019ud399ff.jpg

161707mvjhhmy7nn0sj01n.jpg

161711ofs6t6q8q6q9vcs7.jpg

1617314sy45rl6s5563yy5.jpg

161822bafv78i8jvrzw795.jpg

16173914qkc9q4mm4qpazp.jpg

161847dx6hishc66ljald7.jpg

1619348bptj8vbjyeavave.jpg

:gah:

Incredible shots. Sorry guys, I don't think I can pass this one up!

:gah:

Back