Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
600204_380286722033324_690346698_n.jpg

okay, I wasn't too huge on preordering this figure until i saw the awesome box art. Is that bad? hahaha. I thought it was a cool figure yeah but wasn't too keep on getting it. :rotfl:rotfl I will pick one of these up as well as a Mark I 2.0 as soon as i pre order the Avengers Black Widow, Hulk, and Mark VII :yess:

So they still didn't fix the uniform colour :slap (so much for peoples theory that their complaining made HT change Thor)

Other than that glaring inaccuracy it looks great

They didn't have to change, just look at all the comments on their FB page regarding the figure "Wow, so perfect"!

If people are going to shell out $200 for something with an inaccuracy so glaring it could damage your retinas, and tell them it's awesome and flawless, where is their incentive not to be lazy/careless?

If people are going to shell out $200 for something with an inaccuracy so glaring it could damage your retinas, and tell them it's awesome and flawless, where is their incentive not to be lazy/careless?

:lol well said. Tho it's all about masses and their dontcarering.

Last edited:
They didn't have to change, just look at all the comments on their FB page regarding the figure "Wow, so perfect"!

:goodpost:

So true.I look at this figure and think 140 maybe 150, Not 200. Hot toys feels like it can charge 2 bills for a figure and you know what..........there right, because people just like the ones on facebook are ready to shell out money for anything that comes there way.

So they still didn't fix the uniform colour :slap (so much for peoples theory that their complaining made HT change Thor)

Other than that glaring inaccuracy it looks great

No one really complained hard enough other than passing remarks in forums. I believe it didnt reach the point that people started sending tons of emails to HT CS.

Fan laziness and Red Skull's lack of a dedicated fan base

not saying these are all the necessary factors, just saying they were crucial :D

I sold my Whiplash over the weekend so I was undecided on what Marvel figure to order.
As I saw this guy was popping up so soon, I thought I would go for it.

Loving all the pics.

:goodpost:

So true.I look at this figure and think 140 maybe 150, Not 200. Hot toys feels like it can charge 2 bills for a figure and you know what..........there right, because people just like the ones on facebook are ready to shell out money for anything that comes there way.

:exactly:

There are deluded hyped honeymoon collectors who fork over anything because it's Hot Toys and they can do no wrong. Value is skewed for them.

I like this figure, but not enough to get it right now.

Last edited:
Its looks great! Can't wait for it to get here. I could care less about the color of the uniform that most won't even let see the light of day. Both sculpts are great.

I love the packaging.

The box looks like the many leather-bound books I have in my rich mahogany smelling apartment.

Its looks great! Can't wait for it to get here. I could care less about the color of the uniform that most won't even let see the light of day. Both sculpts are great.

The box looks like the many leather bound books I have in my mahogany book case.

:rotfl

The box does look really good. It'll be a nice backdrop when placed beside Cap's box

A big fan of Red Skull, so I've PO'd this since day one, and it looks good enough for me no to regret PO-ing it..

The coat is a little bulky and that collar really sticks out, but I can't get over the two fantastic HS.

Can't wait till mine arrived on the front door in about a month's time if my timing's correct...

:exactly:

There are deluded hyped honeymoon collectors who fork over anything because it's Hot Toys and they can do no wrong. Value is skewed for them.

I like this figure, but not enough to get it right now.

Why is it that people who are happy with a figure and don't share your point of view contantly get called delusional or get criticized for buying into hype? :dunno

Why can't it just be a differnce of opinion?

There are, but like most of you i wanted this figure very much... until they showed it with completley the wrong colour uniform.

I wouldn't mind getting it now but not nearly as much as they didn't fix it

Meh the colour of the outfit not being 100% accurate is no big deal for me especially as I'll have mind donning the overcoat.

Just ignore the inaccuracies and enjoy what this figure does bring :hi5:

Hugo Weaving's face is so iconic that I am tempted to buy only the head if the price is right.
For a Matrix custom, it would be nice to add a soft shade of green on the face and hair. Be ready for lots of agent Smiths showing up and saying "me...me...me...me too"

Back