Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i posted a comparison shot a few pages back. :]
HT sure is keeping kitbashers at bay with this new MO. the only figure i know who has similar issues is ghost rider, that HS is difficult to port to another TT.

What i did was remove the second ring in the red skull sculpt with a screw driver. Then gently pounded the TTA adapter into the sculpt and popped it onto the TTA body. Actually quite easy and fits like it should.

Crap! You really DID figure out the jacket! GREAT pics!

Now maybe I won't have to remove the gray "regular" uniform top. I got great directions from another boardie but damn, my hands are killing me (still recovering from 2nd carpal tunnel surgery) so I'm relieved to see that it might not be necessary.

What i did was remove the second ring in the red skull sculpt with a screw driver. Then gently pounded the TTA adapter into the sculpt and popped it onto the TTA body. Actually quite easy and fits like it should.

Awesome. I just picked up an extra sculpt on ebay and I didn't know that the neck was different, glad I don't need to order an extra special peg too, heh.

Wow this figure is really impressive. I can see why some of you guys are putting together both versions for display. Both head sculpts are display worthy. Holy moly!

I know I'm a big pansy, but HOLY #($! the Red Skull neck is hard to get on the body! And yes, I did remember to put the neck adapter into the skull head first.
;)

lol, yeah getting the Weaving head off was indeed a challenge. I kept thinking that I was going to somehow screw up a shoulder or torso joint....on both the figure and myself.
lolz

Here's a few quick iPhone photos. I still can't do a whole lotta futzing because of my hand. But I'm really pleased with the overall look of the figure in both forms.
7727280888_259903b385_b.jpg
[/url] Untitled by zipflint, on Flickr[/IMG]

7727283842_6b0f79a328_b.jpg
[/url] Red Skull 001 by zipflint, on Flickr[/IMG]

Thanks! One of these days I'll be able to use my dSLR again and take some "real" photos.

I think this figure is great. Spot-on likeness of both regular and Red Skull'd Hugo Weaving, excellent paint application. Articulation IS a bit limited when he's wearing the big black overcoat, but nothing that stops him from looking like the malevolent b@st@rd that he is.

I've got a weak blue/violet laser that I intend to take some photos with. It should light up the tesseract neatly. If only I had another set of hands....or just another good tripod.

Last edited:
My Red Skull should arrive by next week! Can't wait, he's gonna look great next to rescue cap

I also can't wait to try my little experiment, which is to buy another red skull grey jacket and cut the collar off. My thought process is that i may be able to get a greater range of articulation if i put the trench coat on directly over the TT body

The problem is that i would need to still have the collar for the grey under suit

We'll see what happens...

Just got this figure and I love it...one of those figures that i can't stop looking at. I love leather on figures, so this is right up there with Blade II for me.

Hot Toys needs to make more villains!!

Back