Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know when Sideshow expects the rest of their Red Skulls? I had to cancel mine as it was hitting during SDCC and just needed some breathing room. Now I've got some cash set aside in Paypal and am just waiting for him to come in stock again so I can order it with Paypal :tap

a few more photos. i'm struggling with lighting....
7730109934_a152508600_b.jpg
[/url] Red Skull w/tesseract by zipflint, on Flickr[/IMG]

7730108752_ca4c619603_b.jpg
[/url] Red Skull with illuminated tesseract by zipflint, on Flickr[/IMG]

HE|| YES the belt was a nightmare!!! I was so scared I was going to break the nub on the inside of the buckle, or tear the hole. After about 20 minutes of struggling I finally took the belt off and slowly stretched it for a few minutes. That gave it just enough give to cinch it. It doesn't look loose because the material (what is this faux-leather anyway? some kinda plastic...?) contracts by itself.

btw, love your setup. And yeah, it sucks that you hafta choose between holding either the tesseract OR the pistol. Probably another hand floating around out there that would remedy that....

Anyone got a blacklight? The cube should react most pleasantly with that!

Anyone know when Sideshow expects the rest of their Red Skulls? I had to cancel mine as it was hitting during SDCC and just needed some breathing room. Now I've got some cash set aside in Paypal and am just waiting for him to come in stock again so I can order it with Paypal :tap

I did the same thing. I would rather order from SSC and accumulate some more points but if worse comes to worse I'll hit another etailer.

Got mine today & the overcoat went on w/o a hitch. The current SoCal heat must've softened up the material.

The outer coat is definitely a challenge, but you need the collar of the grey coat showing so you can't just remove it. I pulled the hands off and put tape over the ends of the grey coat, sealing the arms. I then put the leather coat on and pulled the grey sleeves through and removed the tape. Pop the hands back on and voila.

I had to heat the Skull head to get it on the extra neck plug, but pulling the Weaving head off and replacing it with the skull on the spare neck plug wasn't hard at all.

Looks like mine is on its way to me from Jack :yess:

Having just the extra parts from TA to complete the second figure has made the wait that much more unbearable :lol

I'm really thinking about dying the grey uniform dark green. Should be an easy job really. From what I can tell everything on the grey uniform that shouldn't green is made out of a leathery material anyway and shouldn't take the dye. Really wish I had an extra uniform just to make sure of that though. :lol I wonder if the uniform color was something Marvel mandated like they did with Whiplash's pants. Even the 3 3/4" figure from the Hasbro line was in a grey uniform, although there was a green movie inaccurate variant of that later one. But I think Monaco's tracksuit was trademarked or something so they could even give Whiplash orange pants. Stupid if you ask me. Since when are burnt, orange jumpsuit tatters trademarked? :lol

I may see if there are any stray bits of fabric on the inside of the uni and see how they do in a dye bath for the time being.

Back