Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like mine is on its way to me from Jack :yess:

Having just the extra parts from TA to complete the second figure has made the wait that much more unbearable :lol

I'm really thinking about dying the grey uniform dark green. Should be an easy job really. From what I can tell everything on the grey uniform that shouldn't green is made out of a leathery material anyway and shouldn't take the dye. Really wish I had an extra uniform just to make sure of that though. :lol I wonder if the uniform color was something Marvel mandated like they did with Whiplash's pants. Even the 3 3/4" figure from the Hasbro line was in a grey uniform, although there was a green movie inaccurate variant of that later one. But I think Monaco's tracksuit was trademarked or something so they could even give Whiplash orange pants. Stupid if you ask me. Since when are burnt, orange jumpsuit tatters trademarked? :lol

I may see if there are any stray bits of fabric on the inside of the uni and see how they do in a dye bath for the time being.

Hasbro has an excuse since the early concept art pictures of Red Skull
in TFA show him wearing a light grey uniform

..but for HT, they had lots of time to change it :monkey4

still a great figure though..too bad not a very popular character
else, wouldve been a candidate for FOTY

Looks like mine is on its way to me from Jack :yess:

Having just the extra parts from TA to complete the second figure has made the wait that much more unbearable :lol

I'm really thinking about dying the grey uniform dark green. Should be an easy job really. From what I can tell everything on the grey uniform that shouldn't green is made out of a leathery material anyway and shouldn't take the dye. Really wish I had an extra uniform just to make sure of that though. :lol I wonder if the uniform color was something Marvel mandated like they did with Whiplash's pants. Even the 3 3/4" figure from the Hasbro line was in a grey uniform, although there was a green movie inaccurate variant of that later one. But I think Monaco's tracksuit was trademarked or something so they could even give Whiplash orange pants. Stupid if you ask me. Since when are burnt, orange jumpsuit tatters trademarked? :lol

I may see if there are any stray bits of fabric on the inside of the uni and see how they do in a dye bath for the time being.
There is also red trimming all over the uniform, that will likely be an issue if you plan on using a dye.

There is also red trimming all over the uniform, that will likely be an issue if you plan on using a dye.

No, it shouldn't be. Its using that same leathery material too. It shouldn't dye. :rotfl

I'm just worried about scoring another uniform if I screw this one up. :(

Anyone know when Sideshow expects the rest of their Red Skulls? I had to cancel mine as it was hitting during SDCC and just needed some breathing room. Now I've got some cash set aside in Paypal and am just waiting for him to come in stock again so I can order it with Paypal :tap

Sideshow's website currently says "in stock"?

Got mine today from AE! The belt was a total _____ to get on. They probably could have done that better. But overall, he looks absolutely amazing. I do mourn the non-existance of a left hand gripping hand for the cube. But the slightly open one works okay.

Was able to score another uniform from TA tonight, so I took the plunge and dyed the uniform I had.

scaled.php

Fresh out of the dye bath. So I'm not entirely sure how it turned out yet until it dries further (looking pretty black, but I guess so did it in the film so I guess I'm at least close with the green :lol), but so far it looks good. Only the grey bits dyed as predicted :yess:

Was able to score another uniform from TA tonight, so I took the plunge and dyed the uniform I had.

scaled.php

Fresh out of the dye bath. So I'm not entirely sure how it turned out yet until it dries further (looking pretty black, but I guess so did it in the film so I guess I'm at least close with the green :lol), but so far it looks good. Only the grey bits dyed as predicted :yess:

:clap:clap

That looks screen accurate! you got the colors right, good job :hi5:

Thanks guys. I'll explain everything once it dries. I want to make sure everything turned out OK before telling people want to do :lol

But its almost like the Whiplash situation. HT couldn't make the pants orange for some stupid trademark reason but they made the brown pants easily bleachable to orange. And it would seem the grey can easily be turned green without effecting the rest of the outfit. So if the grey uniform as another similar legal issue then at least they thought ahead enough for it to be easily fixed. Nicely done HT :rock

Its getting lighter as its getting dryer. I'll probably need to put it in again. I only had it in there for a very short time (was worried about the leather belt, I'll probably just have to take it off next time). Its at least darker than it started out. I think :lol I'll be able to compair to an unaltered uniform tomorrow when my full figure arrives.

Well, now that the uniform is completely dry, it looks like it didn't take the dye at all. Must be a synthetic material :(

I take back all those nice things HT! :lol

Looks like this will be a major pain in the butt if you want to get it that accurate dark green. Such a shame. Wet out of the dye bath it looked so good!

Got my full figure today, and it does indeed rock. Can't wait to get the pair all put together now :rock

Well, now that the uniform is completely dry, it looks like it didn't take the dye at all. Must be a synthetic material :(

I take back all those nice things HT! :lol

Looks like this will be a major pain in the butt if you want to get it that accurate dark green. Such a shame. Wet out of the dye bath it looked so good!

Got my full figure today, and it does indeed rock. Can't wait to get the pair all put together now :rock

:monkey2

Fail HT :lol oh well, still looks great as it is anyway

:monkey2

Fail HT :lol oh well, still looks great as it is anyway

Yeah it does. Still, it would have been nice to have an easy fix to get it screen accurate. After how easy a fix it was for Whiplash, this is a disapointment. But still, now I've got a spare outfit to experiment with to see if an answer exists! :yess:

Back