Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm having real trouble getting his jacket over the uniform. The arms of the uniform keep riding up to the shoulder which is making it near impossible to get the jacket any higher than the elbow. Are there any tricks of the trade or trade secrets that anyone could give me, really want the black jacket on this guy?

Patience. Haha. Just gradually fit it over, at least that's what I did and it eventually fit snugly on. Bar said a while ago that you could take off the grey uniform top and set that in the jacket, then put the figure through both. Never tried that way, but if it works for him, it should work for anyone.

Thanks for that, I'll give it another try soon, but in the instructions it says that the belt on the uniform cannot be removed?

It's superglued closed.
But mine just popped off(I bought all my parts loose).
Do you have wool or string hand?
Tie it around the wrist of the tunic jacket(With the hands removed), and feed the stuff through the leather jacket sleeves. Then use those to pull the SLEEVES through first. When they are through, futz the arms into position, remove the string and put the hands back on.

It's superglued closed.
But mine just popped off(I bought all my parts loose).
Do you have wool or string hand?
Tie it around the wrist of the tunic jacket(With the hands removed), and feed the stuff through the leather jacket sleeves. Then use those to pull the SLEEVES through first. When they are through, futz the arms into position, remove the string and put the hands back on.

+1 ..this works well.

If you have a long pair of tweezers you can also put them up the trench coat sleeve and grab the uniform sleeve with them, then slide the coat on while pulling the uniform sleeve through.

If you get the boots and body i posted above, the feet of the figure will fit right in the boots. All i would do is change out the RS neck joint on the bottom of the sculpt for the one on the body i linked to.
To do that, put your RS head in a cup of boiling water for a couple of minutes, then drain the water, dry the head quickly, and pop it on the neck adaptor from that body. When it cools down it will be solid again. That's how you easily change out those neck adaptors.

Would the hairdryer trick work the same? I usualy use this trick on pegs that won't fit easily. That way no need for weting the head.

Would the hairdryer trick work the same? I usualy use this trick on pegs that won't fit easily. That way no need for weting the head.

Of course. The problem with that is there's almost no limit to how hot the piece can get. With water, it's less than 100°C. And will only cool down.
With the hairdyer, i always worry about melting the eyeball decals, lol.
But the hairdryer would work.

Cannot wait until tonight to see Cap 2:impatient:

0f75ba42bb3311e3ae7e0002c955ed88_8.jpg

I finally got around to unboxing this guy after he's been sitting here sealed for a few weeks. I was able to snag one MISB for $170 shipped. I'd like to take this time to thank all of you for not liking this figure and making it so unpopular so I had a year and a half after it sold out to be indecisive, finally decide to pull the trigger and score it for $30 under retail. Thank you :hi5: :1-1:

But seriously this fig is so awesome and very worth it for anyone who got a good deal. I always admired it in the cases of local shops but decided to pass at the time. It always looked great behind the glass but I had no idea that I'd dig the Schmidt sculpt & grey uni look as much as I do until I got hands on. I was sure that it was going to be all about Skull sculpt & black coat. I haven't even attempted that set up yet because I'm so stuck on the Johann look right now. Awesome pick up :yess:

Back