Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iron man 4? What? RDJ have contract only for Avengers 2 and 3 as I know.
Or it is some sort of a joke?

Since everything from Iron Man 3 was made into a figure no matter if it had 2 seconds of screen time...Lizard would have 100% of having a figure if it was in Iron Man 4...so yes it's kinda a joke...

Don't for a second believe there won't be an Iron Man 4.
Way too much money wrapped up in it. RDJ or some hand over actor.
Doesn't matter, it will happen.

You all think this will still be fairly easy to pick up for retail, once it's released?
Would like to see a video review or two before dropping the $200

You all think this will still be fairly easy to pick up for retail, once it's released?

I think once people see how good it actually is in hand (like most HTs, it seems) the stock will soon start to move out. All we have seen are the various proto pix, but what we need is one of the photographic super-snappers on here to get him and show us what he can really do. I have to admit, when that happened with the Medicom, it made me stop and think, a decent set of pictures can do that for a figure.

There are the obvious hold-outs that want to wait for ASM-II, which is fair enough, but I genuinely feel that once this is going then it will go fast.

I think once people see how good it actually is in hand (like most HTs, it seems) the stock will soon start to move out. All we have seen are the various proto pix, but what we need is one of the photographic super-snappers on here to get him and show us what he can really do. I have to admit, when that happened with the Medicom, it made me stop and think, a decent set of pictures can do that for a figure.

There are the obvious hold-outs that want to wait for ASM-II, which is fair enough, but I genuinely feel that once this is going then it will go fast.

Damn, just checked eBay prices on the medicom spidey and its $200 plus!

itd probably be safe for you to go ahead and put in a preorder for sideshow. one or two reviews will be posted on youtube in the month it takes other countries to get the figure

I actually just cancelled my PO (pay in full) and ordered him again with $110 worth of SS points.
Because, why not?

If you're not into spider-man that much this would be the safest bet. With the lack of accessories and so much delay I don't think it will sell out that quickly.

I have a feeling this figure isn't gonna fly off the shelves. A few reasons: spiderman doesn't have the draw batman and iron man have...in Asia. In china, you can still get HT spiderman 3 figs for close to retail. It's not a robot nor a guy in a robot suit.

Ok the last one was a dig at the robot culture here. Anyhow, I'm talking about Asia.

I have a feeling this figure isn't gonna fly off the shelves. A few reasons: spiderman doesn't have the draw batman and iron man have...in Asia. In china, you can still get HT spiderman 3 figs for close to retail. It's not a robot nor a guy in a robot suit.

Also, Hot Toys has done an excellent job delaying this figure for so long that it dampened any excess enthusiasm that a casual Spidey fan may have had in it. Even Blu-rays of The Amazing Spider-Man are pretty much marked down in most stores by now. The damn film came out over a year and a half ago!:lol

Good thing that Spidey in general has a large enough fan base that this figure will still probably sell pretty well, despite HT's best efforts to kill any hype about it.:mad:

Now if they could just get around to actually releasing it.:impatient:

Also, Hot Toys has done an excellent job delaying this figure for so long that it dampened any excess enthusiasm that a casual Spidey fan may have had in it. Even Blu-rays of The Amazing Spider-Man are pretty much marked down in most stores by now. The damn film came out over a year and a half ago!:lol

Good thing that Spidey in general has a large enough fan base that this figure will still probably sell pretty well, despite HT's best efforts to kill any hype about it.:mad:

Now if they could just get around to actually releasing it.:impatient:

Pretty much. I was waiting for it to come out to make a final decision, but it took too long and I no longer have any interest. If I ever find it for the $150 price range (which i'm sure is probably attainable on the boards or ebay) i'll take it but not for anything more.

Pretty much. I was waiting for it to come out to make a final decision, but it took too long and I no longer have any interest. If I ever find it for the $150 price range (which i'm sure is probably attainable on the boards or ebay) i'll take it but not for anything more.

I get the feeling this figure is going to be a bit like the Last Stand Wolverine release was. A majority of Wolvie fans went for it straight away but you can still get this guy from SSC and other sellers as of right now.:dunno

The damn film came out over a year and a half ago!:lol

Sorry. I hate to be "that guy", but I'm gonna be, anyway. The film came out in July of 2012; it's barely September of 2013. Not exactly over a year and a half has passed. Hardly a year. But anyway...just had to be obnoxious there. :nana:

Sorry. I hate to be "that guy", but I'm gonna be, anyway. The film came out in July of 2012; it's barely September of 2013. Not exactly over a year and a half has passed. Hardly a year. But anyway...just had to be obnoxious there. :nana:

The internet just isn't safe whilst shooting from the hip on expensive dolly forums, is it? :lol

But yeah, I type (stand) corrected.

I wish hot toys would do a lizard. He was pretty cool and it would open the door for a rhino in the future.

I've been wishing for that ever since they announced the license. I'm just happy to see we're getting a Spidey figure.... It could be worse, we could be Prometheus fans that are still waiting for something...... Anything........

Back