Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/14/mybytem
[IMG]https://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/14/ubejadeq.j
[IMG]https://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/14/rube3yre.jpg
Keep in mind that these need to be warm before articulating. By maneuvering the joint in this fashion will allow you to get the stiffness out of the joint. It will pose easier after several "exercises" but always keep in mind how easy it could be to snap.

Be honest Jim, did you crank the heater up and put spidey in front of the vents? :lol
Jk, thanks for the pics and good luck with your spidey

One more! Can you tell I like this figure? :lol

6387c655b24d0f1ecedfb5f3e5c64523_zps4bb4516b.jpg

Not saying you are wrong but for TASM I find that very hard to believe. Looks like I better so some research on that movie then. I can usually tell CGI a mile away like those drawn planes and helicopters in white house down. Guess I was not paying much attention to this movie because I didn't like it but I like the look of the modern suit.

Not all scenes were done for real, like the ending scene with him swinging all over the place. You gotta watch the making of featurettes. I was pleasantly surprised.

Then you should know that Medicom figures were known for being very fragile like that comic Spiderman, it broke just by moving any body part if you were not careful. Some already came broken in the box. Glad that this is not the case now as Medicom figures don't seem to be fragile anymore.

Of course I knew all about medicom bodies being fragile. I was careful with mine and lucky as well.

Yeah but look at their paint jobs and head sculpts as far as realism and likeness goes compared to Hot Toys. Nuff said really.

I STRONGLY doubt paint jobs are holding these figures back. Look at the ones that did come out on time like IM3 tony stark, or just recently, jor el. In fact, T:salvation John Conner had screwed up paint jobs when it was first released...a month later, new batches came out with better paint jobs.

Something clearly was going on behind the scenes. I'm not assuming what went on, but I DO know it is NOT because of paint jobs.

Not all scenes were done for real, like the ending scene with him swinging all over the place. You gotta watch the making of featurettes. I was pleasantly surprised.

Of course I knew all about medicom bodies being fragile. I was careful with mine and lucky as well.

I STRONGLY doubt paint jobs are holding these figures back. Look at the ones that did come out on time like IM3 tony stark, or just recently, jor el. In fact, T:salvation John Conner had screwed up paint jobs when it was first released...a month later, new batches came out with better paint jobs.

Something clearly was going on behind the scenes. I'm not assuming what went on, but I DO know it is NOT because of paint jobs.

I don't mean just paint jobs I mean the quality of the figures are usually but not in this case better than Medicom ones overall. You combine that with so many figures they have in the making no wonder things get delayed. However, the other reason would be that are either tweaking changes or focusing on more figures that people want to buy like those 20 Iron man figures and Robots they have shown us in one setting in a group. I just found out today there is a Mark 42 Iron Man my God how many Iron Man Marks are there?! :horror

The delays are probably typical business type. There is an outstanding question about item X that sits on someone's desk for a couple months before someone says "hey, just realized, I need an answer still".

I'm just curious about their Arkham City figures. I remember hearing about them about two years ago. Hot Toys announced them and, as far as I know, absolutely nothing has happened. No prototypes shown, no info, nothing. Are those still happening? Just seems weird that they do stuff like this. Announce figures, then drop them or leave them for over a year without anything happening.

Agreed. Prometheus comes to mind too. :lecture

One more! Can you tell I like this figure? :lol

6387c655b24d0f1ecedfb5f3e5c64523_zps4bb4516b.jpg

Awesome pic! Looks almost real! :clap

@JediJim - Thanks for all of that info! I'll have to refer back to it whenever my Spidey arrives. :wave

My beef is mainly with the delays. I know these figures will never be able to move like a real person would....hell, even the actors portraying these characters had trouble moving in them.

As for posing and all those bells and whistles, I never ran into any issues with stiff posing or breakage. NONE, especially with the latter. As long as I set some realistic expectations with the figure, it's all fine and dandy. It's a shame when a figure like Spider-Man has issues raising his arm due to probability of breakage....

...but in the end, it's just effin ridiculous with how long everyone had to wait for this figure. I wish the next person that interviews Howard chan has the ***** to ask him hard hitting questions like why the spike in prices, wtf is up with the delay on certain figures (ESPECIALLY this one), and why are HT becoming so arrogant with their fan base and complaints. Enough with the proverbial knob shining and back patting. Jee-zus!!:slap
completely agree....that's HT collecting for you though.

...You can pose him, just not like the CG character in the movie...
I find that a sort of silly comparison. No-one's expecting to be able to pose any 1:6 figure like a CGI computer model and no-one's argued that. Most would be thrilled to get the same articulation/durability as the existing red-blue or black Spidey.

LMAO!!!! You guys are hilarious! Yes. I was in my car. Yes I am at work. Yes I have shades up to block the sun so I can get some sleep during the end of my 36 hour shift before I drive home. But never have I had to hide a figure from my wife. That was funny though.

You guys really made me laugh there. Whew!

P.S. And yes so no one sees me playing with my dollies.

Spidey is there to rescue him - as long as he doesn't dislocate a shoulder...

The place I pre-ordered mine said I could use the down payment on another figure instead. But I really do want this figure unless it's super fragile... I understand about warming the figure up and posing carefully, maybe it's worth a shot. Even with all the issues this figure seems to be having, I don't really want to wait until an Amazing Spiderman 2 figure is available in 2057, I might be dead by then!

I think the whole shoulder thing is way overblown. Handle with care and you can pose him any way you like. Every figure has limits. He's not going to break if you're careful. This isn't a Selina Kyle goggle situation. I leave mine in a pretty neutral pose only because I don't want to stretch out the suit, much like many other figures.

LMAO!!!! You guys are hilarious! Yes. I was in my car. Yes I am at work. Yes I have shades up to block the sun so I can get some sleep during the end of my 36 hour shift before I drive home. But never have I had to hide a figure from my wife. That was funny though.

You guys really made me laugh there. Whew!

P.S. And yes so no one sees me playing with my dollies.

I envy you. I wouldn't say I hide my figures from my wife but I definitely don't tell her exactly how much certain figures cost. If she knew how much Iron Monger was, my Hot Toys fund would turn into alimony checks. :slap

I envy you. I wouldn't say I hide my figures from my wife but I definitely don't tell her exactly how much certain figures cost. If she knew how much Iron Monger was, my Hot Toys fund would turn into alimony checks. :slap

I got my first comment from my wife, just ordered the black spidey for
$150
she is aware of cost and said I should wait awhile before I order these to make sure I still want them
I have bought 7 figs in the past 4 months

but, shes spoiled too, just dropped $500 on a robot vacuum cleaner(which is great btw)

I find that a sort of silly comparison. No-one's expecting to be able to pose any 1:6 figure like a CGI computer model and no-one's argued that. Most would be thrilled to get the same articulation/durability as the existing red-blue or black Spidey.

It wasn't really a comparison it was part of an overall statement I was trying (probably failing) to make about the fact that most Hot Toys have limited articulation of one kind or another depending on their outfits and appearance.

IMO, shoulders or no shoulders, this was never gonna be as posable as the Toby Spidey's because of the restrictive vinyl nature of the suit, as opposed to Tobey's ultra light fabric?
Anyway looks like Jim made a pretty good job of it with his Spidey (in his car with the shade down...). That is your car Jim, isn't it?
:lol

Yes. It is my car. Lol.
Alimony check? That would suck. Lol
Blow dry? No need. Just room temp.

Back