Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just talked to SSC, Amazing Spiderman has been pushed back to April 2014 due to a production issue. So those with broken shoulders may have a limited release. ;)

me: Hi Elisse. I was wondering if you had any idea when the Hot Toys Power Pose Mk 42 and Amazing Spiderman figures might be shipping out?

Sideshow Elisse: The Amazing Spider-Man is estimated to ship sometime in April 2014; however, at this time we have not yet received further information from Hot Toys as to when in April it will be arriving.
The Power Pose Mrk 42 is still scheduled to ship sometime in November, we have yet to receive confirmation from Hot Toys

me: April? but it just came out in Hong Kong?

Sideshow Elisse: We received confirmation from Hot Toys that there has been a production delay for the Amazing Spider-man and that is the new timeframe they have given us

Wow, looks like they're actually going to be fixing the issue.

Maybe a 2nd or 3rd batch fix like they did with the DX02. Hard to to know though. There are probably thousands of these out there already in HK. But maybe it's like the DC batch that the US got with Batman?

So glad I picked a couple up from HK. It makes me wonder if Hot Toys is just going to end up canceling this figure now. I'm sure most have already been produced, so either fixing the existing figures or replacing them completely means Hot Toys is going to have to eat that cost. Of course they can afford to do it, the question is will they?

So glad I picked a couple up from HK. It makes me wonder if Hot Toys is just going to end up canceling this figure now. I'm sure most have already been produced, so either fixing the existing figures or replacing them completely means Hot Toys is going to have to eat that cost. Of course they can afford to do it, the question is will they?

With HT there is no guarantee of anything. I doubt they would cancel anything entirely, but who knows. Watch the prices on ebay go through the roof in the meantime though.

My jacket and hoodie arrived as well as the sweeney todd hands

just waiting on shoes and jeans. Might get some socks as well...

20131114_210725.jpg

With HT there is no guarantee of anything. I doubt they would cancel anything entirely, but who knows. Watch the prices on ebay go through the roof in the meantime though.

think this would happen? tempted to order

think this would happen? tempted to order

No way of knowing. Lets see if there is further confirmation of these being delayed first. If they are though, there will be a scramble to pick them up I think.

I doubt they'll just junk them all....

Yeah, I doubt it very much. If there is a fix, they will do a delayed 2nd or 3rd batch for US. Like the DX02.

I really doubt they would cancel the entire thing. There is no basis for this and its just plain bad business. They would be screwing SSC who does major deals with them on top of all the money they would lose.

GREAT news from Hot Toys , the plan worked and its awesome to hear from them so soon , its not gunna be another dx02 situation thanks god !!! video coming soon guys , but if my friends need to know sooner ill post on facebook seeing as most my posts this week got nuked off here ill not waste my time posting the full and frank explanation on here .....over to facebook friends :O)

It wasn't really a comparison it was part of an overall statement I was trying (probably failing) to make about the fact that most Hot Toys have limited articulation of one kind or another depending on their outfits and appearance.

IMO, shoulders or no shoulders, this was never gonna be as posable as the Toby Spidey's because of the restrictive vinyl nature of the suit, as opposed to Tobey's ultra light fabric?...
Hm, yeah, I guess no way around it. Like you said earlier, it's a like-it-or-lump-it type situation, but just grates on me a little that it's that fragile. Hopefully HT does implement a fix or at the very least a better body for ASM2. Quite certain that'll be the one I pick-up.

Really glad I got mine from a HK seller then. $230 shipped wasn't too bad I guess. Looks like a lot are already getting jacked to the $260-270 range shipped.

Back