Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many people are getting the broken shoulders? I'm thinking about getting him but I'm worried now.

Holy WEb slining alien....

Spiderman really looks like an Alien in this shot.

I think I will pose mine crawling on the ceiling upside down in the detolf

:lol He's not that skinny, of course next to this Cap he would look like an alien.

Oh yeah? Haha. The travelling Spidey. He still can pose somewhat.. Also it's an early release so always fun to get somethin that hasn't hit the states yet.

Oh yeah? Haha. The travelling Spidey. He still can pose somewhat.. Also it's an early release so always fun to get somethin that hasn't hit the states yet.

Yeah, I'm in tx, guy I'm gettin it is from Louisiana, where do you reside?

I plan on being able to fully pose him, from what I understand, I will have to hold the joint in place with my fingers while moving it

We will see, I'll post some pics tomorrow, hopefully with arms all over the place

I'm in San Diego. I tried the method of pinching it to pose the arms but they just fell back to the side. I didn't try very many times though.. Just sorta wanted to be done with it. Hope you can get it to work.

If only guyver1's instructions came with the figure

I saw your video man, (If it is you) I feel for ya buddy. Especially the second vid were the arms are floppy around like a rag doll!:slap:slap

I don't know exactly what you did to completely break to the flopping point,
I have to admit, you really scared me..I almost had a WTF is wrong with shoulders, is this a factory defect that there is no answer for?

I had to risk it, and wait until I got it in my hands, and hope I would recognize the shoulder set up. :pray:

The minute, I touched the shoulders..I was... WHEEEW! I know this body!

So I treated it using my techniques as a gamble as I always try..and.. EUREKA! SUCCESS!!

as I said it before I've had worse bodies to work with, just horrible constructions, especially if they are female bodies. When you have a Gundam model that has tricky joints that's when I sweat bullets!

Sorry if got too critical in my method, but I wanted to make sure everyone got the rhythm down, it's too easy to rush an explanation and then you went up with breaks and back to scale one. :lecture

To Bandito, I had know idea of your thread, I didn't mean to step on your toes, but I really had no idea you even posted a thread on the solution, until you gave me the link :dunno

I'm in San Diego. I tried the method of pinching it to pose the arms but they just fell back to the side. I didn't try very many times though.. Just sorta wanted to be done with it. Hope you can get it to work.
Clipper seems to have them posed alright, I saw on your vids where you would push them back with your finger and they would fall back into place, but I never did see you grab and pose(not saying you didn't do that)
I'm hoping I can, if not, will be $$$ wasted!
If they can, I got a pose-able spidey at a big discount
The ol risk/reward

I was VERY careful with it, as I was already warned by not just Ric but timcent88 as well. Also saw the instructions not to move them past 80 degrees. To be honest, I have no idea what I did either. Next thing I knew, they were broken. There was no moment where I heard or felt a pop.

The first one was just randomly broken all of a sudden.. and KNOWING that the first one broke. I was extra careful with the other.. and eventually noticed it was broken as well.

I'm always careful with my figures, this was the first time I had such an issue this bad. The Spiderman 3 figure I just got is PERFECTLY fine.. I can move his arms in any direction, as extreme as I want.. with no problems whatsoever. Same goes for the black suit spiderman. I hope yours stays okay.. because like I said.. mine broke without notice..

Clipper seems to have them posed alright, I saw on your vids where you would push them back with your finger and they would fall back into place, but I never did see you grab and pose(not saying you didn't do that)
I'm hoping I can, if not, will be $$$ wasted!
If they can, I got a pose-able spidey at a big discount
The ol risk/reward

Basically.. The arms, at the shoulders, are broken away from the torso, and are loose inside the suit. So when you push it in, and pinch the shoulder, you can rotate that joint within the torso, and since it is an odd shape (the peg where it's broken) and only fits into the torso one way, it helps it turn upward, but once you release, that part where it's inserted into the torso, just comes undone, at least that's how it was for me. I hope you have better luck.

Basically.. The arms, at the shoulders, are broken away from the torso, and are loose inside the suit. So when you push it in, and pinch the shoulder, you can rotate that joint within the torso, and since it is an odd shape (the peg where it's broken) and only fits into the torso one way, it helps it turn upward, but once you release, that part where it's inserted into the torso, just comes undone, at least that's how it was for me. I hope you have better luck.
Me too, thanks for the explanation

Every time someone breaks a figure they say they were being extremely careful and treating it the way they are supposed to. Just sayin...

Considering I had just paid $260+ for an action figure and was told by 2 different people to be careful with it, and the fact that the instructions even say specifically be careful with the shoulders, I'd have to be a complete idiot not to be.

Not sure what you're sayin' actually..

I'm saying that its almost always blamed on the figure and not the person posing the figure. Just like the 1st Spidey and his wrist pegs, Captain America's .45 holster, paint wear on Wolverine's neck, War Machine's torso...The list goes on and on. Not to say every figure is perfect but in most cases, its user error. If not, it would be much more widespread instead of two or three people...

Back