Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm saying that its almost always blamed on the figure and not the person posing the figure. Just like the 1st Spidey and his wrist pegs, Captain America's .45 holster, paint wear on Wolverine's neck, War Machine's torso...The list goes on and on. Not to say every figure is perfect but in most cases, its user error. If not, it would be much more widespread instead of two or three people...

Are you saying that it was my error and not the figure? Could you be more direct and specific?

I just received mine from ebay. Everything works perfectly. Yes, shoulder joints are a little tight and am I the only one who's hating ratchet joints? I wish they'd go back to normal free rotating joints.
Best suit ever I must say. In person it's just super attractive. Not hating the lenses but yeah I wish it's more like the medicom's. Custom is the answer perhaps?

Are you saying that it was my error and not the figure? Could you be more direct and specific?

I can't say that since I don't what you did to it. I'm speaking in general terms for Hot Toys figures. Most people have no issue,s yet when someone does, they blame the company/figure. Yours very well could have faulty joints.

Hot toys put a joint in the body, which requires either instructions or knowledge of the joint itself
Hot toys did not provide sufficient instructions to prevent breakage, IMO, evidence by the fact that the same joint in is another ht fig(Luke), which also had shoulder issues(at least that's what I have read from other members, never owned one)
I even sent ssc an email linking banditos instructional thread, advising it might be a good idea to include some additional instructions to prevent mass returns

Either that, or this was a case of bad hardware, and I wasted my time typing all of this

Last edited:
I can't say that since I don't what you did to it. I'm speaking in general terms for Hot Toys figures. Most people have no issue,s yet when someone does, they blame the company/figure. Yours very well could have faulty joints.

I said what I did to it like a million times. I even made a video.

It didn't "very well" possibly have faulty joints, it had faulty joints.

When a figure comes with a warning not to move the shoulders past 80 degrees, a spiderman figure nonetheless, and the shoulders break with ease, while following the instructions, couldn't that be a sign of potentially faulty joints?

Last edited:
Haha, this guy passive-aggressively blaming people for their figures breaking...

"Well, it COULD have faulty shoulders, but it's PROBABLY your fault...you PROBABLY weren't being careful...I'm not saying all the figures are perfect, BUT..."

Haha, this guy passive-aggressively blaming people for their figures breaking...

"Well, it COULD have faulty shoulders, but it's PROBABLY your fault...you PROBABLY weren't being careful...I'm not saying all the figures are perfect, BUT..."

:goodpost::exactly:

I just find it odd that it only happens to a couple people out of all those that post here that have the figure already yet the figure gets blamed. Plus, if you ordered from an authorized seller, you would be covered against faulty figures. If a company will replace a bad item, free of charge, with no hassle other than taking a picture, what more could you want?

I just find it odd that it only happens to a couple people out of all those that post here that have the figure already yet the figure gets blamed. Plus, if you ordered from an authorized seller, you would be covered against faulty figures. If a company will replace a bad item, free of charge, with no hassle other than taking a picture, what more could you want?

I just find it odd that it only happens to a couple people out of all those that post here that have the figure already yet the figure gets blamed.

So you are defending an inanimate object? How can a figure get blamed? It's not even human.. Can you just take my word for it? I was careful with it.

Is it possible that perhaps, BECAUSE Ric and I did our videos and BECAUSE of what happened with our faulty figures, people are PERHAPS being INCREDIBLY and almost overly careful with their figures, as to not have broken shoulders? Has anyone yet just took it out the box and casually (and professionally, knowing the warnings it has) posed it as you normally would any figure? How would everyone know to surgically go in and pinch each shoulder a precise way to pose his arms upwards or downwards?

I could care less about my figure being replaced.. I sold mine right away for a $90 loss. This has nothing to do with MY figure. I do YouTube reviews, in fact, so do you.. The point is to inform, and give our points of view, right?

I'm curious to see how many broken figures we'd see had Ric and I not said anything.

Last edited:
By figure getting blamed I mean the construction of the figure/the company that produced it. I thought that would be understood. I should have been more clear.

I agree that informing people about your experience is a great and valuable thing in this community. I don't have any issue with that at all. Telling people that the one you got broke far easier than you would expect is helpful. Saying the company produces garbage and that all the figures (of TASM at least) is unfair IMO.

My post was not directed at you, or anyone, in particular but rather the community as a whole. It was a general statement basically stating that if one's figure breaks, it isn't necessarily Hot Toys fault, and it could be their own.

If you don't like or agree with what I said, you obviously don't have to. That's the beauty of these boards. We're all allowed to have our own opinions.

When did I say the company produces garbage? Can you not put words in my mouth, nor rearrange them, please? I said this particular figure is garbage. In my opinion, it is garbage. You are more than welcome to think it's awesome. I just did another video praising all 3 figures from Spiderman 3, and have about 10 or more Hot Toys figures, and love all of the ones I have.

The beauty of being passive aggressive is that you get to say afterwards: "My post was not directed at you, or anyone, in particular but rather the community as a whole."

Anyways, whatever. FOR THE RECORD, if you want to believe me or not, I was careful with the figure, and it broke. Let's just wait and see what happens next. I predict another Sideshow delay, but I am happy to admit it if I'm wrong. I can only hope that the breaking figures were isolated and everyone else's figures are okay.

Last edited:
I don't know but if a figure comes out that requires an overly complicated method of pinching a joint just to move it so that it wont break... that is pretty piss poor engineering and/or construction. So yeah, I'm going to say that it is the figure and the company's fault in this case. There is no reason the shoulders could not have been made to allow the articulation people expect from a Spider Man figure while not making it fragile as hell. Hopefully, it was just the early part of the run and the mass release will end up having sturdier shoulder joints.

I don't know but if a figure comes out that requires an overly complicated method of pinching a joint just to move it so that it wont break... that is pretty piss poor engineering and/or construction. So yeah, I'm going to say that it is the figure and the company's fault in this case. There is no reason the shoulders could not have been made to allow the articulation people expect from a Spider Man figure while not making it fragile as hell. Hopefully, it was just the early part of the run and the mass release will end up having sturdier shoulder joints.

Exactly!!!!!!!!!

I can't take it anymore, you guys are driving me crazy!!

I'm going to do it! ....I'm going to put myself out of everyone's misery...Nobody likes me, nobody wants me!..People praise the Toby Blacksuit!...I'm not worth it!

I can't take it anymore, you guys are driving me crazy!!

I'm going to do it! ....I'm going to put myself out of everyone's misery...Nobody likes me, nobody wants me!..People praise the Toby Blacksuit!...I'm not worth it!
dhMeAzK.gif

Back