Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope it's amazing... but you know how it is, the more hype, the further it sometimes falls once it's out. I never liked when they had too many villains at once, I have yet to see a superhero film(other than the Superman films with the 3 Krypton villains) do well with more than one villain, two max.

Batman Begins = 3 villains
The Dark Knight = 4 villains
The Dark Knight Rises = 4 villains
X-Men = 5 villains
X2 = 2 villains
X-Men First Class = 4 villains
Iron Man 3 = 4 villains

You didn't think they handled Villain count well?

And hey, I thought this thread was for the Spidey HT figure? How'd we get so far off topic?

The other one is occupied by haters.

I fail to recognize how TDK had 4 villains. The mob guys surely didn't count right?

oh i see. However 12"Figure is probably referring to the BIG baddies, Gambol was just a guy to show how malevolent Joker really was, he didn't have a direct opposition to Batman. For example I wouldn't consider Uncle Ben's murderer a villain of the movie...But I see where you're coming from.

You do realize you'll probably be waiting two years before any new suit figure of Spidey comes out? Would be faster to kit bash it with new eyes.
Shakin' my head at the people who are canceling their orders now. It's probably going to be at least a year for Hot Toys to bring out the new Spider-Man. This one is right around the corner. Why not keep your pre-order, hang on to this figure, and sell it when the next one is coming out? I mean, you've waited this long...
It was actually a few things that made me cancel my order. I ordered at a Japanese eTailer. When they got my order in & asked for payment, I told them about the shoulder issue I read about & if I could get a replacement or refund if my figure came with faulty shoulders. The answer was no. I was told my figure would be insured for 6000 Yen (not 100% sure about the amount) & that I would have to take the issue up with my local post office or something. I didn't want to deal with that. Cancelled.

I wanted to order at SSC, since they seem to be getting a good batch, but for some reason, I think they have shipping restrictions on this figure, to prevent me from ordering.

Then the tAS2 trailer is released, & kinda took some buzz out of this figure even further.

Plus I already have the Medicom version, which I'm happy enough with anyway.

Hey, I tried :lol

Can someone fill me in with the shoulder issue? I've heard about it, but basically, the shoulders hyper-extend???

In the kindest way possible, the shoulder issue has been talked to death. I think the best thing would be for you to watch The Clipper King's video he did talking about the shoulders.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS0o07am50M[/ame]

In the kindest way possible, the shoulder issue has been talked to death. I think the best thing would be for you to watch The Clipper King's video he did talking about the shoulders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS0o07am50M

I know it was mentioned a lot. I just got so behind in this thread that I lost track. Thanks for the vid though. Will check it out!

According to the Optibotimus review apparently there are two versions of this product floating around. The 1st version had an extra paper with instructions telling you not to raise the arm beyond 80 degrees.

1395942_538721696212070_996122308_n.jpg

The 2nd version HT has made adjustments and that paper has been removed from the box.

Does anyone here know when BBTS or SSC will get this in stock besides what they say of "December 2013"?

it's the 20th. my last flex was the 10th but it got moved to the 20th. usually it gets pushed by a month if there's a delay. this small bump in dates shows that it's coming out on the 20th

it's the 20th. my last flex was the 10th but it got moved to the 20th. usually it gets pushed by a month if there's a delay. this small bump in dates shows that it's coming out on the 20th
Hope so cuz I need this guy before Christmas and the 20th is perfect!

I forgot them. So it's actually six villians.

Joker
Maroni
The Chechyn
Gambol
Scarecrow
Two-Face

Those mob guys are based on Comic counterparts from what i've heard

:lol

The Chechen and Gambol weren't in the comics and most certainly don't count regardless. And Maroni (who is actually in the comics) is a bit of a stretch too.

The two main ones were Joker and Two-Face, Scarecrow was a cameo. That's three.

Just shipped my spidey to china/hot toys
I'll let you know how the replacement's shoulders are
Expecting looser shoulders

Back