Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to the Optibotimus review apparently there are two versions of this product floating around. The 1st version had an extra paper with instructions telling you not to raise the arm beyond 80 degrees.

The 2nd version HT has made adjustments and that paper has been removed from the box.

Not true. Those instructions were NEVER in the box. Just a photocopy stuck inside the plastic bag in some of the sets. Not inside with the figure or instructions. I have two sets, one had one, one didn't. Both from the same batch. Draw your own conclusions from that.
:wink1:

I have just come off with Christina, on live chat.

She confirmed that my 20th of Dec date would be my charging date and that my delivery would depart a couple of days later.

:yess: Its about time! Too muchSpidey hype already this week! I need my insect fix! :panic:

So here's what I've gathered and correct me if I'm wrong:

Be EXTREMELY careful with the shoulders, to the point, where I basically may need to just not pose the arms.

And HT has done nothing to rectify the situation, other than the paper warning (ie. no second 'batches' have been made.)

So here's what I've gathered and correct me if I'm wrong:

Be EXTREMELY careful with the shoulders, to the point, where I basically may need to just not pose the arms.

And HT has done nothing to rectify the situation, other than the paper warning (ie. no second 'batches' have been made.)
I think it amounts to how tight the shoulder joint is
the first batches had very tight joints, so when you went to pose them, the force needed exceeded the plastic bracing(which attached the joint to the body), and unless you provided additional support to the bracing, you would risk breaking the bracing itself

newer releases appear to have looser joints

Last edited:
I think it amounts to how tight the shoulder joint is
the first batches had very tight joints, so when you went to pose them, the force needed exceeded the plastic bracing(which attached the joint to the body), and unless you provided additional support to the bracing, you would risk breaking the bracing itself

newer releases appear to have looser joints

Ah. Good to know!

So pretty much, when it doubt, hold the arm at the joint firmly when posing?

Not true. Those instructions were NEVER in the box. Just a photocopy stuck inside the plastic bag in some of the sets. Not inside with the figure or instructions. I have two sets, one had one, one didn't. Both from the same batch. Draw your own conclusions from that.
:wink1:

This is true!

I purchased mine off of Timcent (eBay) and he told me this exact same thing.

I think im the only one that likes this suit better then the traditional. Some people even say its an abomination... iTS LIKE IN MAN OF STEEL 2 they give him back a more traditional suit, with red underware.I would hate it. LOL

the man of steel superman suit is an improvement on the traditional suit

the ASM suit however, is not

in my opinion, of course

I think im the only one that likes this suit better then the traditional. Some people even say its an abomination... iTS LIKE IN MAN OF STEEL 2 they give him back a more traditional suit, with red underware.I would hate it. LOL

the man of steel superman suit is an improvement on the traditional suit

the ASM suit however, is not

in my opinion, of course

Are we talking the ASM2 suit or the ASM suit?

I was talking about the asm suit. I prefer it over the one in the upcoming sequel.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I was talking about the asm suit. I prefer it over the one in the upcoming sequel.

I like the suit over the McGuire suits, asm2 looks good but reminds me of the original suit

I do like how these movies make spideys evasive moves look, especially in the trailer

I really liked the ASM suit, just because of how unique it looked. And it looked great on film. I'm not sure if I like it more than the ASM2 suit, but I still really like it. In fact, I'm watching ASM right now. :lol

I like the suit over the McGuire suits, asm2 looks good but reminds me of the original suit

I do like how these movies make spideys evasive moves look, especially in the trailer

Agreed. Looks like an update of the classic, while still keeping that classic look, IMO.

And he moves SO MUCH better than in the first trilogy. Couldn't agree with you more.

Agreed. Looks like an update of the classic, while still keeping that classic look, IMO.

And he moves SO MUCH better than in the first trilogy. Couldn't agree with you more.
Even swinging through the city looks great

Back