Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only real problem I have with the head is the pointless 'battle damage' claw marks on his face. They should have totally skipped those. Useless as the suit isn't damaged and it looks out of place on a Peter bash :slap

The only real problem I have with the head is the pointless 'battle damage' claw marks on his face. They should have totally skipped those. Useless as the suit isn't damaged and it looks out of place on a Peter bash :slap

He cut himself really bad shaving. That's all. :dunno :lol

HT has exceeded my expectations yet again!! Kinda dodged a bullet with seamless moving joints.
I think the "new joints" are farce. My set had the extra instruction sheet,
but shoulder joints are far easier to pose than what ClipperKing got.

Actually everything is easy to pose, and the new rubber hands are very easy to switch.
Most flexible Hot Toys to date. :lecture

This figure brought me back to my excitement when I was creating this thread. :monkey2 :blissy

Spidey_01.jpg

Spidey_02.jpg

Spidey_03.jpg

Unfortunately, I ended up not paying for this figure,
so it's back in the box until the 25th. ;) :panic:

If I were to nitpick on anything it would be the tiny white dot on his crotch area.. :lol
(you can see it at my first pic)

But it's nitpicking to complain about that, really. :D
Just some minor issue with the suit laminate I guess.

I didn't even notice it, until you pointed it out. Even then, I can barely seen anything. Wouldn't think twice about it.

It's a keeper, for sure. Plus, they ALL have some flaws of sorts.

Something like MoS' General Zod, in a way. It's very scene specific. Here, it's a good head sculpt but you just cannot use it on an undamaged suit. Zod's face on his is already totally crazy and you cannot change it. The only way that this Spidey's out flanks Zod is that there is no alternative for the General.

If I were to nitpick on anything it would be the tiny white dot on his crotch area.. :lol
(you can see it at my first pic)

But it's nitpicking to complain about that, really. :D
Just some minor issue with the suit laminate I guess.

Tiny is right! I did not notice it.

Something like MoS' General Zod, in a way. It's very scene specific. Here, it's a good head sculpt but you just cannot use it on an undamaged suit. Zod's face on his is already totally crazy and you cannot change it. The only way that this Spidey's out flanks Zod is that there is no alternative for the General.

Overall, I agree. The marks are a little out there, given that the suit isn't damaged. But, it doesn't bother me. Adds some color, to what some may call a boring sculpt. I can see both sides to the 'coin.'

Overall, I agree. The marks are a little out there, given that the suit isn't damaged. But, it doesn't bother me. Adds some color, to what some may call a boring sculpt. I can see both sides to the 'coin.'

Oh, I am OK with it really. I have my HeadPlay Parker head from the 'Bay too, so I'm fixed from all directions :yess: I cannot wait to get this one!

Yeah, the scratches don't really bother me

As far as I'm concerned, when it's on my Parker kitbash, he'll just look like he's been in a fight the night before

Yes indeed, there's plenty of that in the film...going out '..for eggs' He could even do with a bit more make up for extra bruising.

Was there a thread here from Peter kitbashes? I remember seeing some really impressive ones.

Back