Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'd like to know what people spent on their custom Peter figures as well. I want to make one but don't know where to begin!

I put a list of the things that I used in the thread so it should be fairly useful, at least I hope so

as it happens, the same jacket that i used is on ebay, it's the GI Joe Joe Colton Jacket, bascially a military field jacket but made by Hot Toys, so you know it's good quality

I put a list of the things that I used in the thread so it should be fairly useful, at least I hope so

as it happens, the same jacket that i used is on ebay, it's the GI Joe Joe Colton Jacket, bascially a military field jacket but made by Hot Toys, so you know it's good quality

Nice! Will definitely give that thread another run through soon. :rock

Be on the look out for my questions!

Is there an easy way to search the thread for it? Call me lazy, but I don't really feel like going through hundreds of posts in search of one. It's like a needle in a haystack scenario for me.

I haven't seen that one. Any pics?

[URL=https://s283.photobucket.com/user/DGWOODWARD/media/ACTION%20FIGURES%202011/AndyGarfieldHead8_zps82fd1e53.jpg.html] [/URL] [/QUOTE]

Looks like a straight recast, slightly wider maybe from mould stretch. They have gotten much better with their paint apps though. Are the eyes a little wonky or is that lens distortion?

Sorry for not replying earlier Rory, yes there does indeed seem to be a bit of a wonk from certain angles. Others, strangely not so much. The price was pretty good, plus, every minor little thing (at this scale) looks much worse when magnified massively.

But whilst we are on 'eyes' I love how modern companies really capture that wetness to the human eye so well nowadays.

Is there an easy way to search the thread for it? Call me lazy, but I don't really feel like going through hundreds of posts in search of one. It's like a needle in a haystack scenario for me.

I'm not sure, but the thread that I made only has about 4 pages, so it's not much to go through, and I updated the first post to list the things i bought

i think...

I'm not sure, but the thread that I made only has about 4 pages, so it's not much to go through, and I updated the first post to list the things i bought

i think...

Super easy to skim through! I've already posted twice! :lol

Hopefully my Spidey will arrive Monday and I can more or less call my Parker complete, for now

I don't know what I'm more excited for, the figure or the completed Parker!

Although there is still the worry in mind that I'll break this figure, I know there have been plenty of re-assurances, but I'm a nervous chap of sorts so I'll over think it

Hopefully my Spidey will arrive Monday and I can more or less call my Parker complete, for now

Although there is still the worry in mind that I'll break this figure, I know there have been plenty of re-assurances, but I'm a nervous chap of sorts so I'll over think it

Don't break the figure then. :lol

Watch those YouTube videos over and over again. And then, one more time.

Who did you buy yours from?

Oh, I didn't realize we were talking about a different thread. I thought we were talking about a list made in this thread. You know, the one with like...700+ posts.

EDIT: Make that 7,000...

There was a list in this thread too because I remember being in awe of Rorywan's bash.

Someone needs to chime in here and find those!

I think one of the reasons why I was so happy in getting this was due to
the fact that I was also nervous about the shoulders before hand.

Having discovered mine didn't have stiff shoulders was a HUGE relief! :lol

I'm really happy I got this figure! :yess:

Back