Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if it's been posted, but this is a break down of what I paid, ish

socks £5.50
pants £14.99
hands £6.36
Hoodie £9.78
Jacket £20
T-shirt £6.35
Shoes £4

just over £67

some of those prices vary as they are still on my ebay but in dollars and it goes up and down on a daily basis

Not sure if it's been posted, but this is a break down of what I paid, ish

socks £5.50
pants £14.99
hands £6.36
Hoodie £9.78
Jacket £20
T-shirt £6.35
Shoes £4

just over £67

some of those prices vary as they are still on my ebay but in dollars and it goes up and down on a daily basis

And you found all of those pretty readily on eBay?

I took a look at the links that were posted and they were helpful, but for everything else that doesn't have a link, I can't find anything. I'm terrible at kitbashing!

Shartimus got a broken one.. Sorry if this was already posted. Same exact situation as me. Had instructions not to move the arms a certain way, followed them, still broke. Just wanted to give a heads up and stress the fact to make sure you avoid eBay.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRqrVCJ0lyA[/ame]

Shartimus got a broken one.. Sorry if this was already posted. Same exact situation as me. Had instructions not to move the arms a certain way, followed them, still broke. Just wanted to give a heads up and stress the fact to make sure you avoid eBay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch

That sucks, hopefully hot toys will send him a new one

Me and clipper got ours from timcent.. he got his from some trade show

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That sucks, hopefully hot toys will send him a new one

Yeah, I just saw the video myself. I hope it all works it. It should. You can't blame the collector for that.

So I think I've read contradicting things in this thread. If there IS a slip of paper in this box warning about the arms and NOT to raise them about 80 degrees from the side, then it's from the BAD batch?

Mine has the 80 degree thing instructions, but fine joints.
Perhaps, not having it is extra reassurance that the shoulders are fixed.
Please don't take this personal, and I understand that this site and forum are directed to sell more figures, but this contradicts the post you made yesterday in the black Spider-Man thread
Thanks for the info :hi5: I'm just now deciding between this or ASM. :D
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6342867&postcount=1845

No offense taken :) Well, I guess I simply make up my mind fast :lol
You missed my mini-review a few pages back.

HT has exceeded my expectations yet again!! Kinda dodged a bullet with seamless moving joints.
I think the "new joints" are farce. My set had the extra instruction sheet,
but shoulder joints are far easier to pose than what ClipperKing got.

Actually everything is easy to pose, and the new rubber hands are very easy to switch.
Most flexible Hot Toys to date. :lecture

This figure brought me back to my excitement when I was creating this thread. :monkey2 :blissy

Spidey_01.jpg

Spidey_02.jpg

Spidey_03.jpg

Unfortunately, I ended up not paying for this figure,
so it's back in the box until the 25th. ;) :panic:

Unlike in the US, most of us HT collectors here in the Philippines get our stuff
off the shelves so I can understand your surprise about us getting them in hand
within the same day of making the decision to purchase. :)

Last edited:
No offense taken :) Well, I guess I simply make up my mind fast :lol
You missed my mini-review a few pages back.

Unlike in the US, most of us HT collectors here in the Philippines get our stuff
off the shelves so I can understand your surprise about us getting them in hand
within the same day of making the decision to purchase. :)
Lucky!!!!
Awesome pics and my apologies for the confusion

Has there ever been an actual confirmation that there is a "fixed batch"?

I looked back 20 or 30 pages but couldn't find anything stating that Hot Toys was aware of/taking actions to rectify the shoulder problem, other than Clipperking getting his broken figure replaced.

Lucky!!!!
Awesome pics and my apologies for the confusion

Thanks! No worries :duff

Has there ever been an actual confirmation that there is a "fixed batch"?

I looked back 20 or 30 pages but couldn't find anything stating that Hot Toys was aware of/taking actions to rectify the shoulder problem, other than Clipperking getting his broken figure replaced.

Optibotimus's vid talks about something like that coming from SSC.

Well, to give you an idea of the non-"fixed batch", after getting mine, three other people have gotten theirs.

1) Shartimus got one with QC issue - broken arms after trying to pose

2-3) Two other people at OSR report to have properly functioning shoulder joints.

Thanks! No worries :duff

Optibotimus's vid talks about something like that coming from SSC.

Well, to give you an idea of the non-"fixed batch", after getting mine, three other people have gotten theirs.

1) Shartimus got one with QC issue - broken arms after trying to pose

2-3) Two other people at OSR report to have properly functioning shoulder joints.
I think it really comes down to some shoulders being very tight and some being normal
Even in clipper kings follow up video of the repaired spidey, he comments that one shoulder is still really tight

Are yours abnormally tight?

The shoulders on mine weren't tight at all just for the record. Next thing I knew they were broken.

The shoulders on mine weren't tight at all just for the record. Next thing I knew they were broken.
ryno, I would argue that yours were tight
I have to have a solid grip on the square(attached to the joint) to move those shoulders, althought they have loosened a bit with use
They even creak a little when moving them

It's the only reason I can think that the bracing breaks, for overly tight joints

Back