Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They weren't tight at all when I was posing it.... There was never a point where I was afraid to move them for fear of breaking them.. All this while knowing they had a problem.

Must be yeah.... If you're pinching closed the bracing part, it would make the shoulders tighter to move I'd think..

There might be more to this than just tightness of joints.
Perhaps the angle of the adjacent joints while turning
also affects the risk of breaking. It's a complicatedly jointed
area after all.

I feel for those that have the shoulder problem. The thing is, this should not even be a discussion. For the cost of this figure, moving the shoulders should not be an issue. HT's has taken a long time to get this figure out and this should not be an issue. No one should have to "pinch" or hold anything to move the arms.

I feel for those that have the shoulder problem. The thing is, this should not even be a discussion. For the cost of this figure, moving the shoulders should not be an issue. HT's has taken a long time to get this figure out and this should not be an issue. No one should have to "pinch" or hold anything to move the arms.

agreed 100%... Apparently they fixed the issue, who knows what's going on really.

I don't think clipper kings was fixed, he was worried about one of the shoulders

Yeah, that's a good point.. Who knows at this point... Makes me wonder if Sideshow dug through a pile of them to find 2 good working ones to give to optibotimus and sean long to try and save the figure. If sideshow has stock to give them.. why isn't it being shipped out now?

Yeah, that's a good point.. Who knows at this point... Makes me wonder if Sideshow dug through a pile of them to find 2 good working ones to give to optibotimus and sean long to try and save the figure. If sideshow has stock to give them.. why isn't it being shipped out now?

Exactly, they even told opti that they took it out of the box and tested to ensure he had a good one

I live chatted SSC and they said that the stock batch that they are shipping out this month from them will have the FIXED shoulders.

ajununyn.jpg

Just got mine from eBay! Paid $230 shipped and customs didn't charge me a thing, thank God!

Too bad the wife won't let me open it till Christmas lol

ajunuyn.jpg

Just got mine from eBay! Paid $230 shipped and customs didn't charge me a thing, thank God!

Too bad the wife won't let me open it till Christmas lol

Box looks opened already, might as well check it

:wink1:

Does anyone know if BBTS receives their Hot Toys figures directly from SSC or HT or where?

There is no way these have been "fixed" or "re-engineered" it's just not plausible in this amount of time. It's just a load of spin, that's my opinion anyway.

There is no way these have been "fixed" or "re-engineered" it's just not plausible in this amount of time. It's just a load of spin, that's my opinion anyway.

:goodpost::exactly:

Fully agree. It would take months to reproduce the figures with 'improved' shoulders.

They didn't say they fixed the broken figures. They said they corrected it during production so the rest wouldn't have the issue. That's feasible. They said the second batch will be fixed which is plausible.

Back