Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They didn't say they fixed the broken figures. They said they corrected it during production so the rest wouldn't have the issue. That's feasible. They said the second batch will be fixed which is plausible.

It is plausible, if the second batch is released in 2-3 months time? Not as has happened. Thousands of these things are made together on a huge production line. Ready to be boxed. These bodies are permanently sewn and glued into the suits. There is a huge lead in time to one of these HT releases. They are not "fixable" or "re-engineerable" from the existing sets, they would have to dump a huge amount of them and then start again from scratch. Personally I don't believe they would do this or could have done this in the amount of time since the shoulder issue was detected. 3rd or 4th batch perhaps? But i doubt the figure will have a 3rd or 4th batch. And it's not like a simple paint app fix. The only thing I can believe they have done, is added additional QC when the existing bodies are being boxed and any with particularly stiff arms are rejected, but even that based on our experience with HT is unlikely. It's taken them this long to get it out at all. IMO.:dunno

Last edited:
They've updated their procedures a few times with distribution. After finding issues with initial batches in Asia, the NA batches get some tuning in production.

DX02 and John Connor come up in my mind right now. This is within just a few months.

This is why I never jump on initial release... just wait for the North American distribution... it's never worse.

They've updated their procedures a few times with distribution. After finding issues with initial batches in Asia, the NA batches get some tuning in production.

DX02 and John Connor come up in my mind right now. This is within just a few months.

This is why I never jump on initial release... just wait for the North American distribution... it's never worse.

DX02 was ages later? After thousands of them had been released? I got one of the DC batch replaced directly by HT (DC batch still partially leak by the way). And with that figure they could just replace the ab section when costuming. And I have to add, both those figures were back in the golden days of HT collecting, when they had an actual customer service and dealt with complaints. That shipped sailed quite a while ago IMO.

I didn't know Connor had issues. The latest example of them fixing a problem (that I can think of) was the Predator head, which had the wrong paint app on the eyes, they fixed that immediately though, only a tiny number were released before the factory fix. So it had probably already been corrected before release.

This is all about lead in times to release. Most of these sets are at various stages of completion for months. I honestly think it's a spin, but lets see when SS release theirs.

:dunno

It is plausible, if the second batch is released in 2-3 months time? Not as has happened. Thousands of these things are made together on a huge production line. Ready to be boxed. These bodies are permanently sewn and glued into the suits. There is a huge lead in time to one of these HT releases. They are not "fixable" or "re-engineerable" from the existing sets, they would have to dump a huge amount of them and then start again from scratch. Personally I don't believe they would do this or could have done this in the amount of time since the shoulder issue was detected. 3rd or 4th batch perhaps? But i doubt the figure will have a 3rd or 4th batch. And it's not like a simple paint app fix. The only thing I can believe they have done, is added additional QC when the existing bodies are being boxed and any with particularly stiff arms are rejected, but even that based on our experience with HT is unlikely. It's taken them this long to get it out at all. IMO.:dunno

This. :goodpost:

I think I'll just keep mine sealed until one of you open yours and find if the shoulders are broken. But what if we all do that? This could be the next Cold War...

Just pre-ordered this through AEC. They get their stock straight from Sideshow...assuming the figure was "fixed", and Sideshow has those "fixed" figures, AEC will be getting them as well.

I ordered and he is still in-stock...no deposit required.

022041oivl5igilccvv5zh.jpg

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

More nitpicking :yess: (..great)

Missing glove pad

179135_378678012195388_340663149_n.jpg

Going back to my post last year, I'm glad to confirm they added the pads.. :yess:
Nitpicking the proto works eh? :lol

Me neither, because that'll mean I only have to wait another year or so to finally get this *****.

Mine's just waiting under the tree right now :lol :blissy

Back