Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is shipping soon. I've shifted my focus to collecting statues now but this is one of the Hot Toys in my collection that I plan to keep. I love the different posing options and the I agree that the colors look great.

Any tips on how to get the shoulder missile compartments off to tade for the battle damaged, open ones? I tried and tried but just couldn't get it to budge and I was afraid I was going to break it.

I don't have mine yet, but I have run into similar situations with figures. You can use a hair dryer if you have one and just warm up the part and area you want to remove. Don't go crazy and heat it so much it warps, but just enough to get it warm. This usually helps loosen a stubborn part for me.
As with all HT just be patient and careful.

Mine is shipping soon. I've shifted my focus to collecting statues now but this is one of the Hot Toys in my collection that I plan to keep. I love the different posing options and the I agree that the colors look great.

I collect a lot of different things too, so I can't have all of the Iron Man suits, so I am pretty selective, and have only destinct IM figures in my IM collection. This will be my 1st red and gold suit. It is unique enough and the best one yet from HT IMHO, so I am getting this and the BD version.

I was going to get a Mark 6 a while back but decided to wait for the Mark 7. I am glad I did now.

Some of the pegs are a little tight out of the box. You just have to gently, but consistently, pull up on the whole top piece. You can see where the pegs are located on the loose open missile pod ones.

I don't have mine yet, but I have run into similar situations with figures. You can use a hair dryer if you have one and just warm up the part and area you want to remove. Don't go crazy and heat it so much it warps, but just enough to get it warm. This usually helps loosen a stubborn part for me.
As with all HT just be patient and careful.

Thanks for the tips, guys... I will give it another shot this weekend:dance.

My HT Iron Man collection is waiting for my Mark7 and BD Mark 7.

20130703_203538_zps4754374f.jpg

Looks awesome bro !! I love the IRON MONGER !

Okay, thanks.

It's a pain for me cause I live in Oz and my store gets it 'a month after SS does'. Not much to go by...
:(

Did a quick photoshoot. Too tired to swap everything so I'm going to play around with this one more tomorrow night but I gotta say this is indeed the best IM figure to date. Feels more sturdy and looks great overall.

The BIGGEST grip about this figure is the eyes. It completely destroys the look for me. Quite a disappointment because if the eyes were correctly sculpted, the figure would be perfect in my eyes from head to toe. The eyes stick out too much for me but a little modding to it will fix that problem.

In the mean time I used the Mark IV in some pictures.

Overall though, it's a winner. Looks great with all the other suits around it.

9206344986_09915f303d_b.jpg

9203561841_a8ac9586e0_b.jpg

9206344138_385ec79c48_b.jpg

9203561895_40e64e3577_b.jpg

9206343424_e60b8f8111_b.jpg

9203560485_9f1651c352_b.jpg

Great pics!

Also, saw this on Facebook and I must say, with the shades on, it looks undoubtedly like Robert Downey Jr's Tony Stark....

1003119_10201442212965310_239815296_n.jpg

I thought this was in stock at SS?
I just checked the page

I wish the Exclusive went back into stock...still sold out and waitlist the Regular.

At this point I don't care which one I get...I just want to get one ordered! I still can't believe I thought I had ordered him last year...now to find out I didn't. I really hope my online guy get a cancel...

I collect a lot of different things too, so I can't have all of the Iron Man suits, so I am pretty selective, and have only destinct IM figures in my IM collection. This will be my 1st red and gold suit. It is unique enough and the best one yet from HT IMHO, so I am getting this and the BD version.

I was going to get a Mark 6 a while back but decided to wait for the Mark 7. I am glad I did now.

I think you made a good choice. For me, it's due to the Robert Downey Jr. head sculpt. It gives me options to display him as Iron Man or as Tony Stark wearing the armor, which I also like. :)

I wish the Exclusive went back into stock...still sold out and waitlist the Regular.

At this point I don't care which one I get...I just want to get one ordered! I still can't believe I thought I had ordered him last year...now to find out I didn't. I really hope my online guy get a cancel...

I hope you get it. If your waitlist is with Sideshow, you may have a chance to get it. I've gotten off the waitlist at Sideshow for an item that had an edition size of 350. Fingers crossed for you... :pray:

Back