Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disappointing, no shipping notice today. Sideshow has never charged me and shipped same day, I was hoping today might be different. I guess not! :(

Its so worth it! Blows the VI out of the water!

The MKVII is nice indeed...but it in no way blows the VI out of the water.

HTs IM2 releases were masterful as they were the blueprint for making sixth scaled IM figures. The ONLY WAY for HT to blow any of their previous releases, IMO, is to throw in a bunch of accessories and to make things less fragile.

Asthetically speaking, however, IV,VI, War machine are perfect.

Not trying to start a debate with ya bud...just wanted to chime with my opinion.:duff

I haven't been charged yet either. First time this has happened on one of my orders through SS. So far I've always been charged and its shipped same day. Guess I'm hoping for Monday

You guys hype up the mk vi way too much. A vastly overrated figure only prized because of the triangle rt. Mk vii > mk iv >mk vi

You guys hype up the mk vi way too much. A vastly overrated figure only prized because of the triangle rt. Mk vii > mk iv >mk vi

I'm not hyping up anything. I'm simply saying that the VI hasn't been blown out of the water because something newer and "shinier" just came out. I'm giving HT props for coming close to perfection with a figure that can stand toe to toe with a recent figure.

If you do a line up of the Mks II - VII, the only ones that stick out and show their "age" are MKII and MKIII.

Personally I'm not hyping it up. I'm giving credit where it's very clearly due.

I have a totally finished Mark VII head that I modded and have been working on for awhile now. I will be posting that on my youtube channel in the next few weeks. The pictures below are NOT that head!

What I did discovered though from doing the lenses on that piece was that you could do a much more simple version on a factory face plate in only 5 minutes. It looks SO MUCH better then the stock face plate after this simple mod and you do not have to paint, epoxy, sand, color match, look for magnets, red color for crown, etc. 5-10 minutes and if you don't like it you can remove it instantly and your face plate is 100% unaffected. If you like it you can keep it on there and it will stay forever.

These are really quick shots of a FACTORY face plate(no modding on face plate what so ever just 5 minute lens trick) just to show you the effect. Lower jaw of the head pictured below is an extra I had that I was in the process of extending awhile back.

This is all you need

5 minutes later(literally no skill required)

Mask turned downward a bit and slightly to the side. Lights on. Looking mean!

All you do is take a piece of tape and color the non sticky side black with the sharpie. Then cut it in to four pieces. Use the straight edge of the tape as your edge. Then on the back put one end of tape in the inner corner of his eye lens to the outside corner of his eye lens(it is a very slight up hill angle.)

Then put a piece of tape from the outer corner lens to the upper corner lens. Once you have everything the way you like it on both eyes. You stick a white label over the lens and the black tape(again from the back). You can get the labels in varying degrees of see through. I think pure white looks the best when lit up and when off. It matches my side show life size mark III's eye color perfect. Then your done!

Thanks for looking. I hope this helps some that want to breath new life into their Mark VII while keeping everything beautiful and stock(and keeping the full value while you display it). You can literally do this mod and have your Mark VII back display in the next 10 minutes!(looking meaner then ever). Look out for my video of my fully 100% modded helmet using a very similar technique with the lenses as was shown here. Take care and have a great weekend.

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with VI. I had one and loved it. The VII is just better. Way more display options with missiles and BD parts and of course the repulser hands. It is bulkier and sturdier. It has better back flaps that lay flat. There are no wonky hip flares. All the BD pieces fit properly. The neck articulation actually exists now. There really isnt anything the VI brings that the VII doesnt do better other than possibly the face plate, but even then, people complained that the VI helmet was too small and skinny.

I have a totally finished Mark VII head that I modded and have been working on for awhile now. I will be posting that on my youtube channel in the next few weeks. The pictures below are NOT that head! What I did discovered though from doing the lenses on that piece was that you could do a much more simple version on a factory face plate in only 5 minutes. It looks SO MUCH better then the stock face plate after this simple mod and you do not have to paint, epoxy, sand, color match, look for magnets, red color for crown, etc. 5-10 minutes and if you don't like it you can remove it instantly and your face plate is 100% unaffected. If you like it you can keep it on there and it will stay forever. These are really quick shots of a factory face plate(no modding on face plate what so ever just lens trick) just to show you the effect. Lower jaw of the head pictured below is an extra I had that I was in the process of extending awhile back. Lens mod actually looks better on a totally factory head then my quick photos on my spare jawed head.

This is all you need

5 minutes later(literally no skill required)

Mask turned downward a bit and slightly to the side. Lights on. Looking mean!

All you do is take a piece of tape and color the non sticky side black with the sharpie. Then cut it in to four pieces. Use the straight edge of the tape as your edge. Then on the back put one end of tape in the inner corner of his eye lens to the outside corner of his eye lens(it is a very slight up hill angle.)

Then put a piece of tape from the outer corner lens to the upper corner lens. Once you have everything the way you like it on both eyes. You stick a white label over the lens and the black tape(again from the back). You can get the labels in varying degrees of see through. I think pure white looks the best when lit up and when off. It matches my side show life size mark III's eye color perfect. Then your done!

Thanks for looking. I hope this helps some that want to breath new life into their Mark VII while keeping everything beautiful and stock(and keeping the full value while you display it). You can literally do this mod and have your Mark VII back display in the next 10 minutes!(looking meaner then ever). Look out for my video of my fully 100% modded helmet using a very similar technique with the lenses as was shown here. Take care and have a great weekend.

I was thinking about doing this, but I wanted to put the label behind the actual lenses of the faceplate itself and not on top of the light display.

wait, so all you have to do to get rid of the mouth gap is to move the faceplate downwards? Or is that head modded? I'm just wondering because if it's this simple why doesn't everyone do it the minute they open their VII. Anyways good job on that mod! Looks much better

Sale/Interest thread for a modded faceplate + eye piece goes up tomorrow! :) I'll post a link here when it's up. I'll be having them casted starting next week and should be done in a couple of weeks time.

9369506935_d9f856230f_b.jpg

9372287050_31bace698c_c.jpg

9372286764_5f812e8b3d_c.jpg

9371974282_40548748a2_c.jpg

Last edited:
Back