Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I took it as being a very limited release since its a promo. But you're right, they didn't give the amount being produced. If they don't, then I would think Hot Toys would make a good amount and anyone who really wants one will have the chance. I

Well I took it as being a very limited release since its a promo. But you're right, they didn't give the amount being produced. If they don't, then I would think Hot Toys would make a good amount and anyone who really wants one will have the chance. I

I hope so. I hate worrying over this extreme LE nonsense. :pray:

Are you aware the Mark VI promo edition was limited to 3000 pieces?

Also, the first 800 pieces will be available for pre-order in Hong Kong, as stated by Hot Toys.

So yeah, I highly doubt they will make more than 5000.....:pfft:

subzro got it right :D :

I don't think this as limited as the Mark VI promo edition. They actually said that one was limited to 3000 worldwide. They are probably making as many of these as they can sell.

~~~~

If it goes up for PO on SSC, wouldn't they give a number in that red text like they do with all LE pieces, though? So maybe it's just a matter of waiting to PO it, then we'll know if it's truly LE the moment it shows up? :dunno

I think SSC didn't do that for the Avengers Mark VI promo. So I doubt..

I hope so. I hate worrying over this extreme LE nonsense. :pray:

:goodpost: Very LE is only good for scalpers. Non-LE HT figs were still received very well
despite not being LE to 3000 or 5000 or wtv.

Geez. I like the Iron Man movies, but really? Surely the udders must be starting to get a bit sore from yanking on them. Not bought, no matter what ridiculous marketing spin about how "ultra limited" it is they put on it. :rolleyes2

I'd buy a clean version though. It looks great without the oversized shoulder pads.

Curious, what's the main attraction to this figure for people, the limite number or the figure itself?

If I were to get it, I woudn't care if they made 100 or 100,000, I'd want it all the same

I know the clean version comes with battle damage pieces, but this version has far better colour to it

it makes the proto pics for the clean version look plasticy (i know it is plastic, but you get what i mean)

really tempted to get this and sell the other when it arrives if i'm not keen

Damn i like this figure

This version simply looks more real, can't pick what it is, but i think its a combination of the paint finish and the better stance its able to achieve.

both have their positives thats for sure.

This version simply looks more real, can't pick what it is, but i think its a combination of the paint finish and the better stance its able to achieve.

both have their positives thats for sure.

i think you're right on the paint. it's more muted, not very flashy. all of those scrapes n scuffs with the paint chipping just make it pop

i'm almost all the way on the wagon of 'if i can get this, i'm gonna get it'

There's one US seller offering one for $450 as a PO on eBay. How does he even know he's getting one for sure? :lol :slap

well... since the states will not get this.. its a pass! Thank You HT for saving me money! :lol

Curious, what's the main attraction to this figure for people, the limite number or the figure itself?

If I were to get it, I woudn't care if they made 100 or 100,000, I'd want it all the same

I know the clean version comes with battle damage pieces, but this version has far better colour to it

it makes the proto pics for the clean version look plasticy (i know it is plastic, but you get what i mean)

really tempted to get this and sell the other when it arrives if i'm not keen

Damn i like this figure

I feel the same, plus the head sculpt looks alot better and you get repulsion hands;

Sands Atwill trying out a theory about the new Mark VII having the old MMS191 head.

532246_10151621416092265_635267595_n.jpg

Myth Plausible or Busted? :D

Anyone know when this will be up for pre-order on sideshow? As I recall, the Mark VI Promo didn't go up for pre-order until a month or so later.

The Hot Toys press release says "For overseas Fans, this Collectible Figurine will be available for special promotions in specific markets as limited edition items during the Iron Man 3 movie launch period."

I would interpret that to indicate the pre-order will go up around the beginning of May, to coincide with the May 3rd opening date of Iron Man 3.

As for exclusivity, that is not even a factor in my personal interest in this guy. I think the weathered paint job and the new head look great, and I would most likely order it, regardless of the amount produced.

Sands Atwill trying out a theory about the new Mark VII having the old MMS191 head.

532246_10151621416092265_635267595_n.jpg

Myth Plausible or Busted? :D

It's the same Tony sculpt from the new IM3 figure, and yeah, it looks like they photoshoped the face in for that picture.

I would assume they did it for lighting and clarity reasons, since it doesn't look photoshoped in the full figure picture which shows the head, along with the rest of the accessories, displayed at the figure's feet.

Back