Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey hokie, I finally can nip at your ankles. Scored a BD MK 3, and saw my dream of ever owning the sdcc mk 3 vanish( one ended for $ 800 +) so just need a mech test!

Just curious, is everyone doing the packout for this guy?

Hey hokie, I finally can nip at your ankles. Scored a BD MK 3, and saw my dream of ever owning the sdcc mk 3 vanish( one ended for $ 800 +) so just need a mech test!

I was talking to Jeff about that. He said to bring it up when they email me to get final payment and that the extra $10 is just for the box and the time for someone to box it and tape it.

Apparently HT/eBay are coming down on anyone who tries to sell this outside of the states, so its not just because the item isn't in hand that the listings are being removed!!

Doubt that it's because they're trying to sell outside US.

First sale doctrine.

Awesome man! That silly thing is tough at that amount of cash. It was down to like 450 and 500 at the beginning of the year, the IM3 Craze shot that thing up. But the mech test is a awsome piece, definitely recommend it, just for the uniqueness it has on display.

Grabbed some IM3 stills to start developing my HOA display. Just wish the Mark 42 was out this year :(

On that topic, I find it interesting that the Mark III is Battle Damaged in the Hall. That suit was beat to **** at the end of IM 1. Guess in theory he cleaned it up a bit and wanted to keep the memory of how far he has come in the journey.

Last edited:
Awesome man! That silly thing is tough at that amount of cash. It was down to like 450 and 500 at the beginning of the year, the IM3 Craze shot that thing up. But the mech test is a awsome piece, definitely recommend it, just for the uniqueness it has on display.

Grabbed some IM3 stills to start developing my HOA display. Just wish the Mark 42 was out this year :(

On that topic, I find it interesting that the Mark III is Battle Damaged in the Hall. That suit was beat to **** at the end of IM 1. Guess in theory he cleaned it up a bit and wanted to keep the memory of how far he has come in the journey.

yeah man, just realized he built another Mark VI since it was severely beat up by the time he confronted Loki in Stark Tower. Took a beating from Thor and the helicarrier propeller.

Looks like he rebuilt most of his armors, the MK 6 got beat up from IM 2 and Avengers, as well as the 5 and 7. Probably isn't hard for Stark to rebuild any armor as long as he got the designs, materiasl, and money.

Looks like he rebuilt most of his armors, the MK 6 got beat up from IM 2 and Avengers, as well as the 5 and 7. Probably isn't hard for Stark to rebuild any armor as long as he got the designs, materiasl, and money.

....and jarvis. :yess:

I was pointing out why they left the mark III battle damaged. Kind of odd given he cleaned up vi and vii.

Kind of funny.

Just speculation here but the fight with Stane might have been more personal for him, first major fight and having known him for such a long time. He might of kept it like that as a reminder? He did replace the helmet tho as Stane did crush the one he was wearing.

I look at the hall of armor pic every day, since it's my desktop.

I wonder the same thing... why is the Mark III left battle damaged when the Mark V and Mark VI and VII have been repaired?

I thought of a bunch of possibilities... until I decided that the most likely reason is....

The producer/director thought that the Mark III and Mark IV look too similar if both were like new, and that might confuse the audience. With the Mark III damaged, you KNOW which one it is.

it's possible that the mark III was never repaired because tony never used it again after fighting stane and opted to then release the mark IV.

what i'm surprised about that no one noticed is tony left the mark I in pieces in the desert, yet it's completely in tact in the hall of armor.

I look at the hall of armor pic every day, since it's my desktop.

I wonder the same thing... why is the Mark III left battle damaged when the Mark V and Mark VI and VII have been repaired?

I thought of a bunch of possibilities... until I decided that the most likely reason is....

The producer/director thought that the Mark III and Mark IV look too similar if both were like new, and that might confuse the audience. With the Mark III damaged, you KNOW which one it is.

We know the armours are built without Tony's physical input. He has an automated machine shop and Jarvis makes them.
The way I look at it is that when these armours get damaged, they are wrecked. I'd expect the MKVI from Avengers Assemble is a new one. The old one may be in storage, or recycled. Why repair it when Jarvis can make him a new one in three hours?
Make a new one for the display for the marks 2,4,5,6,7. But keep the MK1 and MK3 as is because it reminds him of his first production models and how he started off. He did fix the majority of the armour. And replace the lost gauntlet and mask.

it's possible that the mark III was never repaired because tony never used it again after fighting stane and opted to then release the mark IV.

what i'm surprised about that no one noticed is tony left the mark I in pieces in the desert, yet it's completely in tact in the hall of armor.

I assumed that since Stane took the Mark I pieces, he brought them back to Stark Industries while he made Iron Monger. This mystery didn't bother me as much as the case of the battle damaged Mark III.

It's possible he just remade it in his workshop/garage

Didn't Stane recovered it with the terrorists? He probably took it to Stark Industries to use as model for Iron Monger and that's how Tony got it back, being his industry as well

Back