Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't Stane recovered it with the terrorists? He probably took it to Stark Industries to use as model for Iron Monger and that's how Tony got it back, being his industry as well

That is actually exactly what happened. In the end of IM when they are looking for Obidiah in that dark room they come across the Mark1 and even mistake it for Obidiah's Iron Monger, but say I thought it would be bigger, and then Pepper runs into the actual Monger.

Didn't Stane recovered it with the terrorists? He probably took it to Stark Industries to use as model for Iron Monger and that's how Tony got it back, being his industry as well

And that was my 100th post in this forum! I'd like to thank my mom, my dad, my girlfriend and everyone here that made it possible for me to enjoy these figures as much as I do, with all the discussion, speculation and laughs, specially a few posts ago in this very thread :lol :fireworks

SSC is doing a giveaway contest for this..... GO.

41QDEGmd%2BdL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I think the effects studio just used what they had without building new props, most of the fights where IM got damaged was all done in CGI, so the BD version never existed as a practical prop. Except Mark III was the only one where they used the practical suit during the second stage Battle damage scene, but used CGI for third stage BD fight against Iron Monger where they were flying around etc.. so now they're stuck with whatever they showed at the HoA.

That's my guess anyway..

Awesome man! That silly thing is tough at that amount of cash. It was down to like 450 and 500 at the beginning of the year, the IM3 Craze shot that thing up. But the mech test is a awsome piece, definitely recommend it, just for the uniqueness it has on display.

Grabbed some IM3 stills to start developing my HOA display. Just wish the Mark 42 was out this year :(

On that topic, I find it interesting that the Mark III is Battle Damaged in the Hall. That suit was beat to **** at the end of IM 1. Guess in theory he cleaned it up a bit and wanted to keep the memory of how far he has come in the journey.

Funny you say that, I too noticed that and though it a bit strange but yeah that would make sense. Of course if that was the case why not have the BD parts for the Mark VI? Maybe you could incorporate that in your's.

I think the effects studio just used what they had without building new props, most of the fights where IM got damaged was all done in CGI, so the BD version never existed as a practical prop. Except Mark III was the only one where they used the practical suit during the second stage Battle damage scene, but used CGI for third stage BD fight against Iron Monger where they were flying around etc.. so now they're stuck with whatever they showed at the HoA.

They had to build new props though. The MKVI never physically existed for IM2. All the BTS stuff had him wearing the MKIV chest and shoulders.
And the MKV never existed either. It was totally CG in IM2.
Plus the MKVII had to be made too...(in Avengers Assemble, he was wearing the MKVI chest I think).

Seriously the contest is only for Americans? come on SS give us English a shot at this. i've entered anyway like doubt i'll win LOL Highly doubtful given my location :(.

i find it a bit disgusting how HT have handled this guy for EU. we can't order from SS, can't get one from hk or the surrounding area and there's a 90% chance our uk suppliers won't be getting stock. I sure as hell am not paying ebay prices.

Back