Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do people think that this is a newly develop figure? This has always been the battle damage mark 7 parts with more black and silver scratching.

538994_10151345053207344_568724232_n.jpg

255384_10150954904147344_1903853596_n.jpg

544662_10150954904877344_682149699_n.jpg

In person the battle damage wasn't as prominent as it was with the proto pics. The base could use a more detailed paint job. I wished they showed the hs. It looked good but wasn't as mind blowing as those proto pics.

Do people think that this is a newly develop figure? This has always been the battle damage mark 7 parts with more black and silver scratching.

538994_10151345053207344_568724232_n.jpg

255384_10150954904147344_1903853596_n.jpg

544662_10150954904877344_682149699_n.jpg

:slap No. No one is thinking it's a newly developed figure.

People are thinking the Mark VII BD Version that was shown at SDCC was the one we will be getting which has much less of a BD look. That's what everyone's concern is about. :wave

i would take either BD MVII, proto pictured or con pictured. you can always do your own weathering and battle damage to your personal specifications. man your soldering irons!!! LOL

It's obvious the one shown at the SDCC is not the same as the one on the teaser.
If they should really reduce the weathering/ damages like seen at the SDCC (which I don't hope and I also don't think they'll do so)
it would really be worse and stupid as all the damages overall make this version soo stunning and special imo.

Otherwise it would just look much to similar to the "regular" version with it's bd parts.
:dunno

Last edited:
It's obvious the one shown at the SDCC is not the same as the one on the teaser.
If they should really reduce the weathering/ damages like seen at the SDCC (which I don't hope and I also don't think they'll do so)
it would really be worse and stupid as all the damages overall make this version soo stunning and special imo.

Otherwise it would just look much to similar to the "regular" version with it's bd parts.
:dunno

i've always had a sneaking suspicion that any figure that was released as battle damaged were ones with shabby paint that didn't pass QC. :dunno :lol

i've always had a sneaking suspicion that any figure that was released as battle damaged were ones with shabby paint that didn't pass QC. :dunno :lol

No no :lecture, they first make the figure and all the figures that drop down while beeing assembled are sent to the the movie studios so that they know how the damages have to look like in the movie. :lol
Win win for both. :lol

I really hope this isn't the case either but I do think that prototypes always tend to look better than the one everyone actually gets so I also wouldn't really be that surprised if they did give us one pretty similar if not the same as the one shown at SDCC :(

I really hope this isn't the case either but I do think that prototypes always tend to look better than the one everyone actually gets so I also wouldn't really be that surprised if they did give us one pretty similar if not the same as the one shown at SDCC :(

i still think it looks cool. just not $600 worth. come on waitlist!!!! :pray:

Back