Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's all this talk about a "BAIT AND SWITCH"? Are we getting a BD MKVII or is it going to be some other MK version Battle Damaged? I'd like to know ASAP because if someone (Hot Toys) is trying to pull a fast one, I want to cancel my waitlist for the BD MKVII now.

just because hot toys displayed a different MVII BD at comic con, doesn't mean that the actual figure shipped will be any different than the one pictured when people ordered. just no guarantee what you'll get until it's in hand, just like it's always been.

What's all this talk about a "BAIT AND SWITCH"? Are we getting a BD MKVII or is it going to be some other MK version Battle Damaged? I'd like to know ASAP because if someone (Hot Toys) is trying to pull a fast one, I want to cancel my waitlist for the BD MKVII now.

Keep your order, trust me. You can thank me later.

If it comes as shown at SDCC and you aren't happy with it, I will buy it from you.

For those considering cancelling, this figure is selling for $600-800 on ebay. If you're not happy with it when it comes, sell and get your money back +. Also, this figure has a waitlist that is probably hundreds if not thousands long. So if you cancel, the next person on the waitlist will have their order converted. So there could be some members here and around the world happy if you cancel. :wave:dunno

well this are pictures i took when the figure was in singapore

DSC02267_zpsf9cbd7cf.jpg

so I wouldn't worry too much

These pictures confused me when they were first posted a couple months ago, because the base has a much cheaper look than the protoype. But the figure itself looked great. The base there, looks like brown sprayed weathering on the Chitauri. But now at SDCC, the base is detailed like the protoype and the figure isn't.
Hopefully in the end, we get something like the figure that was shown in Singapore, and the base that was shown at SDCC. :dunno

These pictures confused me when they were first posted a couple months ago, because the base has a much cheaper look than the protoype. But the figure itself looked great. The base there, looks like brown sprayed weathering on the Chitauri. But now at SDCC, the base is detailed like the protoype and the figure isn't.
Hopefully in the end, we get something like the figure that was shown in Singapore, and the base that was shown at SDCC. :dunno

That always happens, I believe its the exact same base, the prototypes have to look pretty and better than they really are

WOW the chitauri looks cheap as hell
that base looks awful imho :lecture

ps I'm glad they are making a Chitauri figure :drool

I wasn't to excited for that base either, not really a fan of the diorama base.

But after seeing it in person, it looked pretty good, and was a lot bigger than I was expecting it to be as compared to the Mark 1 (2.0) base.

I wasn't to excited for that base either, not really a fan of the diorama base.

But after seeing it in person, it looked pretty good, and was a lot bigger than I was expecting it to be as compared to the Mark 1 (2.0) base.

Yeah I was hoping it was better in person, its just that I know HT can do better...

I have the SP and the alien on the base looks badass, its actually looks like it fell on the ground but this Chitauri looks like it was scuplted by a five year old compared to that

But thats my opinion maybe its not that bad :dunno

Ok so I was at SDCC this last week, talked to one of the guys who works in product production of the sideshow products. He was really cool and gave me some great info about a lot of sideshow products coming out. Anyway from what hes saying that Mark VII BD that was at the comic con is pretty much what the final product is gonna be, being so close to release he says its highly unlikely that HT didn't send them the final one everyone is going to be getting. IMO the pics don't do it justice, its pretty bad @ss once you see it in person. I honestly was on the fence on this one but after seeing it yeah its a keeper for me, especially with the base. But of course to each there own. LOL im sure there is going to be a wave of complaints here very soon.

Ok so I was at SDCC this last week, talked to one of the guys who works in product production of the sideshow products. He was really cool and gave me some great info about a lot of sideshow products coming out. Anyway from what hes saying that Mark VII BD that was at the comic con is pretty much what the final product is gonna be, being so close to release he says its highly unlikely that HT didn't send them the final one everyone is going to be getting. IMO the pics don't do it justice, its pretty bad @ss once you see it in person. I honestly was on the fence on this one but after seeing it yeah its a keeper for me, especially with the base. But of course to each there own. LOL im sure there is going to be a wave of complaints here very soon.

I'm gonna have to say the SS employee wouldn't have that information and just thought, well yeah, since this is the one here it should look like the one that is going to be released.

Hot Toys has shown this figure in other events and the BD look is completely different. The one at SDCC looked veeery similar to the Mark VII with BD parts. They mustv'e not gotten one to SS for to display at SDCC.

I'm not worried at all. No way Hot Toys would do show a figure and completely change the look.

If it is the final product that was shown, I'm going to be very unhappy :mad:

:lol

I'm gonna have to say the SS employee wouldn't have that information and just thought, well yeah, since this is the one here it should look like the one that is going to be released.

Hot Toys has shown this figure in other events and the BD look is completely different. The one at SDCC looked veeery similar to the Mark VII with BD parts. They mustv'e not gotten one to SS for to display at SDCC.

I'm not worried at all. No way Hot Toys would do show a figure and completely change the look.

If it is the final product that was shown, I'm going to be very unhappy :mad:

:lol

There was no tag by it that said "promo product" or anything like it, just the name. Now the guy could be mistaken but it does kinda make sense. I mean it was slated to come out this month and then got pushed back again and I don't see why SS wouldn't get one to show at the SDCC, one of the biggest conventions in the US. But honestly bro when you have it in hand you will love it either way.

There was no tag by it that said "promo product" or anything like it, just the name. Now the guy could be mistaken but it does kinda make sense. I mean it was slated to come out this month and then got pushed back again and I don't see why SS wouldn't get one to show at the SDCC, one of the biggest conventions in the US. But honestly bro when you have it in hand you will love it either way.

I really like the BD look, but this is no where near enough the amount I would like to have. Looks too much like the Mark VII with it's extra BD parts...which I have already! :rotfl

What days were you at SDCC?

Once again, that's just a normal MKVII with the damaged parts, some extra weathering and the BD base.

The BD MKVII is the normal MKVII with extra weathering. (Ignore the rib panels, could be just extra unlisted parts, just like the reg version had).

This is NOT the stock out of box MKVII with the supplied BD parts. Categorically NOT STOCK.

It has a lot of extra weathering. It may not be the final BD version, but it has been created specifically by HT for this purpose, production or not.

:slap

So where has this come from and what is it?

I agree about the base, I believe it is the proto base. The figure itself, who knows, it could be just a knock up HT did, lets hope so.

So the Exclusive Avengers BD Ironman MKVII is really only a regular MKVII with the regularly included BD parts put on, some additional weathering (paint) and a different base? We're not getting additional BD parts on the armor, just what we (the people that already own a MKVII) already have with just a little more paint thrown on it?

What a rip-off! It's a good thing my main want is the open face (Tony)plate head then which beside the base is the only additional (and they took that from the MK42) piece different then the regular MKVII it seems.

I really like the BD look, but this is no where near enough the amount I would like to have. Looks too much like the Mark VII with it's extra BD parts...which I have already! :rotfl

What days were you at SDCC?

Yeah I kinda agree with you on that but honestly man the base is AMAZING. pics really don't give it justice and at the end of the day that's what your really paying for, that and how limited this MVII is. I was there all 5 days, I had a blast. did you make it out?

Back