Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not so sure now, huh? How about you just keep quiet on the matter, rather than flip flop your opinion...:nana:

As I mentioned before: Due to this figure being a Promo Edition, Hot Toys will limit this figure from 3,000-5,000 figs.

I'm feel very sure but nothing is ever 100%. I give HT a lot of my cash but i do not trust them. How many Promo editions have they done? Why leave money on the table? Why do they have to limit it? They already know they could sell 10,000 or more of these at $250 vs 3,000 at $250 (or whatever they end up charging).

The last one, the Mark VI, they put in writing how many they planned to make but there is nothing on this one, just HK gets the 1st 800 of the 1st run. Also there are dealers getting this one who did not get the last one, making me believe there are a lot more to go around this time.

I really don't care how many they make, i plan on buying one and keeping it. If they made 50,000 of my MK VI promo i would have still bought it, either way we will find out soon enough :peace

the exclusive piece for the regular version should have been repulsor hands and not that useless green gummy :gah:

other then the edition of those there isnt much i care to own from this. the base really doesn't fit IM at all and i can live without the HS. its really just a different deco in the end with less display options

the exclusive piece for the regular version should have been repulsor hands and not that useless green gummy :gah:

other then the edition of those there isnt much i care to own from this. the base really doesn't fit IM at all and i can live without the HS. its really just a different deco in the end with less display options

The repulsor hands should never, ever be exclusive. They should have come with every single figure from day one.

The 1st 800 pieces are being released in HK, Then the rest are being released worldwide. They have not given a number on how many they are making.
It could be 3000 or it could be 30,000.

The Mark VI promo edition was 3000 worldwide and they gave that number on day one. So i do not think this will be as limited as that one was.

But you never know :dunno
Yep. they were never clear on what the limit was, only that the 1st 800 were being released in HK. 800 out of how many total exactly? we don't know. I'm not worried. I won't be worried if/until it goes up at SS and by the time I try to order it's sold out :lol

And it doesn't negate the fact that you said the figure would be limited to 3000-5000 pieces. Did you read that somewhere or are you guessing?

Let me break it down to you this way. If Hot Toys makes a figure, lets say a...oh I don't know......an Iron Man figure-Hypathetically speaking of course, they would want to sell a lot of them, right? To make a money, or what some people in the business world like to call a "profit." You with me? I haven't lost you yet I hope. So anyways, they business employees say, hey lets make sure we sell every figure we make at a regular price in a very short time span. So, they say, "Hey lets limit the production of this Iron Man figure and release it around the IM3 film release when fans are really excited for it, that way we sell ALL of them!" The CEO, Howard Chan, hears this at their regular weekly meeting on Tuesday morning and says, "Hey, I like that idea. Lets do it! (Places finger on conference phone) Mary! (Howard's Secretary) Email Product Development and tell them to only make 5,000 of these figures since the Mark VI Promo Edition sold out CRAZY FAST."

5,000 x $200 = $1,000,000 for Hot Toys Company.

I'm sorry guys, I'm in a crazy mood right now.....

Just saying it now, good luck to everybody on scoring this if it as limited as the Mark VI. :banana:ccheerlea

If not, than..well..:blissy

But I can already imagine people coming in the thread a day late and going
":slap DAMNIT!"

Let me break it down to you this way. If Hot Toys makes a figure, lets say a...oh I don't know......an Iron Man figure-Hypathetically speaking of course, they would want to sell a lot of them, right? To make a money, or what some people in the business world like to call a "profit." You with me? I haven't lost you yet I hope. So anyways, they business employees say, hey lets make sure we sell every figure we make at a regular price in a very short time span. So, they say, "Hey lets limit the production of this Iron Man figure and release it around the IM3 film release when fans are really excited for it, that way we sell ALL of them!" The CEO, Howard Chan, hears this at their regular weekly meeting on Tuesday morning and says, "Hey, I like that idea. Lets do it! (Places finger on conference phone) Mary! (Howard's Secretary) Email Product Development and tell them to only make 5,000 of these figures since the Mark VI Promo Edition sold out CRAZY FAST."

5,000 x $200 = $1,000,000 for Hot Toys Company.

I'm sorry guys, I'm in a crazy mood right now.....

... So you really don't know, and the numbers 3000 or 5000 don't mean anything at all. That's all I wanted to know :wave

I'm feel very sure but nothing is ever 100%. I give HT a lot of my cash but i do not trust them. How many Promo editions have they done? Why leave money on the table? Why do they have to limit it? They already know they could sell 10,000 or more of these at $250 vs 3,000 at $250 (or whatever they end up charging).

The last one, the Mark VI, they put in writing how many they planned to make but there is nothing on this one, just HK gets the 1st 800 of the 1st run. Also there are dealers getting this one who did not get the last one, making me believe there are a lot more to go around this time.

I really don't care how many they make, i plan on buying one and keeping it. If they made 50,000 of my MK VI promo i would have still bought it, either way we will find out soon enough :peace

I hear you. I just think since it's a Promo Edition, they will limit the figure to roughly how many Mark VI's were released. 3,000-5,000 is my guess. And I want it to, even if they make 10,000. I just like knowing exactly how many they made. Feels more like a collectible when you know the exact amount made. Later man:hi5:

... So you really don't know, and the numbers 3000 or 5000 don't mean anything at all. That's all I wanted to know :wave

Hahah I don't know exactly. And I'm not sure where I was going with that last comment :rotfl Have a good night sir!

Ok so for the record: In MY OPINION, I believe Hot Toys will make 3,000-5,000 of these Battle Damaged Mark VII's. Hopefully, that info is disclosed.

I hear you. I just think since it's a Promo Edition, they will limit the figure to roughly how many Mark VI's were released. 3,000-5,000 is my guess. And I want it to, even if they make 10,000. I just like knowing exactly how many they made. Feels more like a collectible when you know the exact amount made. Later man:hi5:

Ok so for the record: In MY OPINION, I believe Hot Toys will make 3,000-5,000 of these Battle Damaged Mark VII's. Hopefully, that info is disclosed.

I would love to know the number produced and i really hope they tell us soon. 3,000 or 10,000 I still plan on ordering asap on the 1st day it goes up.

I would love to know the number produced and i really hope they tell us soon. 3,000 or 10,000 I still plan on ordering asap on the 1st day it goes up.

I wonder if this time it'll still be limited to one per order. I didn't even try putting in a second order last time, but I kinda wish I had. I could have traded one for Iron Monger and still have one now.

I always laugh at the armours having silver scratches.
Tony said to make the armours from the gold titanium alloy from his satellite(And throw a little hot rod red in there). All the scratches should be gold.

I always laugh at the armours having silver scratches.
Tony said to make the armours from the gold titanium alloy from his satellite(And throw a little hot rod red in there). All the scratches should be gold.

That was just the Mark III. The Mark IV on could be of a completely different alloy, especially considering he developed his own element to power the arc reactor, I don't think its beyond him to have developed something even stronger that isn't gold.

That was just the Mark III. The Mark IV on could be of a completely different alloy, especially considering he developed his own element to power the arc reactor, I don't think its beyond him to have developed something even stronger that isn't gold.

If we're making stuff up off the top of our heads, maybe it's metal mined on the moon by pixies? :rotfl
The gold was for heat retention in low temperature environments. the titanium was for strength.
Can't get any stronger. gold-titanium alloy.
And what about the silver scratches on the BD MKIII???
It's just a mistake HT makes on these armours.
The MKV was supposed to have silver scratches because it was made of aluminium as a base material, but the rest of the armours are made of the same alloy as the MKIII.
It's just a mistake. But it always makes me laugh?

If we're making stuff up off the top of our heads, maybe it's metal mined on the moon by pixies? :rotfl
The gold was for heat retention in low temperature environments. the titanium was for strength.
The MKV was supposed to have silver scratches because it was made of aluminium as a base material, but the rest of the armours are made of the same alloy as the MKIII.
Eh mistake or not there's no point in going into specific since we got the same guy making a whole new element in his own house. We even have him now making a good 30+ suit from the time period of one movie to another.

I can imagine how odd it would look like to have the scratches be gold instead of sliver though. :monkey1

Again, he made his own element. Anything you can dream of about gold titanium alloy is a moot point dude. There is no science behind it, but you can giggle till you're blue in the face about the silver scratches being your science breaking point.

Gold-titanium alloys are used in real life in many fields, including dentistry, where ceramic bonding is required. Apparently, the mix of the two elements produces a silver coloured alloy, so I don't think Iron Man having silver scratches is too far-fetched. Although hard, the alloy is quite brittle, so the fact that his armour is made from this alloy is stupid anyway.

Eh mistake or not there's no point in going into specific since we got the same guy making a whole new element in his own house. We even have him now making a good 30+ suit from the time period of one movie to another.

I can imagine how odd it would look like to have the scratches be gold instead of sliver though. :monkey1

Again, he made his own element. Anything you can dream of about gold titanium alloy is a moot point dude. There is no science behind it, but you can giggle till you're blue in the face about the silver scratches being your science breaking point.

[ame]https://youtu.be/MtntTvuv8Aw[/ame]

Back