Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You totally tricked me Edward. Clicked right on the link before reading any further. LOL. Anyways, I'm sure we won't see a preorder here until IM3 hits theatres.

Again, he made his own element. Anything you can dream of about gold titanium alloy is a moot point dude. There is no science behind it, but you can giggle till you're blue in the face about the silver scratches being your science breaking point.

I wasn't being totally serious.
Just pointing out what is a fairly minor flaw in the general aesthetics.
I wasn't trying to argue it.
The entire armour is meant to be gold, with *select* panels painted Hot Rod Red for a bit of style and variation.
But it would be weird if the scratches were gold.
I did like it in the IM3 trailer that the newly rebuilt MKII in the Hall Of Armour is gold. Looks like Tony replaced it after Rhodey half-inched the original MKII, but he rebuilt in in the same gold that the other armours are made in.

Thanks for being good a sport guys :duff
It's not so often we have a highly anticipated figure
that is actually limited. :lol

I'd be highly surprised if SSC doesn't offer this, Eamon.

Ha! In all seriousness though, what'd the deal here?

I have been away all week so just catching up on al the geeky news now.

It's been sold as a "limited to 800 items" edition in China right now, but will be released to the rest of the world when the movie comes out.
So don't panic. There's ages yet to save up.

I have a strong feeling that this will be as limited as the Mark VI was. Even though they didn't give us a number up front, why would they limit this to 800 if they plan on not limiting it to a certain number worldwide?

I have a strong feeling that this will be as limited as the Mark VI was. Even though they didn't give us a number up front, why would they limit this to 800 if they plan on not limiting it to a certain number worldwide?

They only made 800 for the HK release?
Then they can concentrate the rest of the time till the movie comes out to make a shedload more.

AFAIK the number 800 is just that 800 were put up for PO for HK buyers, that by no means suggests HK are only getting 800 full stop

Ah okay, I stand corrected. I feel like this won't be limited at all then.

I hope HT didn't make this intentionally confusing to make people go a bit crazy, pay ridiculous prices, and wait in long lines while fully intending to make this no less exclusive than the regular Mark VII...

Back