Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope HT didn't make this intentionally confusing to make people go a bit crazy, pay ridiculous prices, and wait in long lines while fully intending to make this no less exclusive than the regular Mark VII...

Eh what can you do. You already have people buying this for $600-$700 on eBay. Hot Toys fault for not being more clear with their info. Not the first time they weren't specific with their details. Still don't get how people can pay that much for a figure though when the regular one is $250 and this will probably be the same.

It's been sold as a "limited to 800 items" edition in China right now, but will be released to the rest of the world when the movie comes out.
So don't panic. There's ages yet to save up.

Ah cool! Thanks for the info dude!

I will sell on my Gun Metal Exclusive tyo fund this one I think.

I really like the Gun Metal Mark 4 but it's not a 'needed' figure really is it?!

I wonder if this time it'll still be limited to one per order. I didn't even try putting in a second order last time, but I kinda wish I had. I could have traded one for Iron Monger and still have one now.

Yes, Sideshow will limit these to 1 per customer. Now, I know Hot Toys didn't release that info, but I mean, come on. And the first one was limited 1 per customer.:lecture

Breaking news or speculation?:dunno

More speculation I think. And while I'm positive you can buy a max of 2 Mark VII's on Sideshows website, I also seem to remember struggling over whether or not to order two Avengers Mark VI's on the day it was up for preorder, but I'm not positive.

All those parts come off on the regular edition too. Except the shoulder rockets, right?

The shoulder rockets also come off in the regular version. It includes 1 pair of shoulder rockets "closed" with no rockets and 1 pair of shoulder rockets "open" with the rockets..

Breaking news or speculation?:dunno

Sideshow makes all of the exclusives one per customer. Since this is a promo edition, I would think they would limit the amount produced even less than an exclusive. So I'm willing to bet this will be limited one per customer.

More speculation I think. And while I'm positive you can buy a max of 2 Mark VII's on Sideshows website, I also seem to remember struggling over whether or not to order two Avengers Mark VI's on the day it was up for preorder, but I'm not positive.

The Mark VI Avengers Promo Edition was limited one per customer.

The Mark VI Avengers Promo Edition was limited one per customer.

I've been buying HT from sideshow for almost 4 years. It ok to post your opinion/speculation. I asked because you're post was posted as fact.

They don't always limit exclusives. I also came close to buying 2 Avengers Mark VI figures. And also deeply regret not doing it.

Last edited:
I think we are all overeacting a smidge...we need to all step back and take a chill pill and patiently wait...

This thread is my home page........im just saying

OK LADIES....LISTEN UP!!!!! gone a half day and the thread looks like WWIII!!! :lol

the HT IM promo edition Mark VI from 'the avengers' was very limited. in that case, there were around 1300 released for the movie premiere in i believe malaysia, taiwan and hong kong. the remainder of the 3000 total made (around 1700) were available from sideshow>>>

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=901840#HotToysItem

this time around, the promo edition Mark VII from 'the avengers' will have around 800 available in hong kong. i will bet there will also be another 500 allotted for other asian markets and the reminder will go to sideshow. i will also bet the total edition will again be 3000.

BTW, i called sideshow and they said if they carry this promo edition figure, they will make announcements in an email and the newsletter to hopefully give everyone an equal shot to score one.

Sound good, we will probably have a good chance of getting one then, just gotta check here daily lol.
Hopefully the price won't be too far off from the promo edition VI either.

Sound good, we will probably have a good chance of getting one then, just gotta check here daily lol.
Hopefully the price won't be too far off from the promo edition VI either.

with price increases already across the board with the latest HT announcements, i will bet no more than $224.99. the intricate base i believe will also contribute to the small increase in price from the last promo IM.

I've been buying HT from sideshow for almost 4 years. It ok to post your opinion/speculation. I asked because you're post was posted as fact.

They don't always limit exclusives. I also came close to buying 2 Avengers Mark VI figures. And also deeply regret not doing it.

I am willing to bet "x" amount of dollars that this figure will be limited 1 per customer. Just name your price.

And they have always limited hot toys exclusives on SS for the last couple of years.

hey username buy me one of these and i will be your best friend

I thought you were already my best friend...
sad.png:original

I am willing to bet "x" amount of dollars that this figure will be limited 1 per customer. Just name your price.

And they have always limited hot toys exclusives on SS for the last couple of years.

I actually agree with you. I wasn't saying I thought you were wrong. I was just saying maybe you should offer this info up as your opinion and not fact.

I do want one of these for sure, but I have the Mark 7 standard version coming on PO, so if I miss it I will not be that disappointed.

I will have to wait and see if and when it's offered on SSC and at what price, and if I am able to catch one before they run out.

I have come to realize after years of collecting that companies like HT are masters at baiting fans with the talk of sparse availability. I have no doubts that this will be more limited then the standard release, but the mention of its scarcity really brings in buyers that might otherwise pass if it was a standard production. Plus I have come to believe that HT's lack of clarity and communication details is not by mistake, but by design in marketing.

The good news is that this does look awesome and it would probably sell very well even if it was a standard production model.

Back