Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In some twisted way I wonder if it has to do with movie piracy. Release it in the US last so there is no chance for these smaller markets (in terms of revenue) to get good quality pirated films. I suspect copyright laws in Asia aren't as strict as they are in North America. Maybe it also creates buzz.

It's really only a week, not a huge amount of time, certainly not enough to make it anything but a calculated move.

That seems like it would be reverse logic. If it hits Asia first in April, you'd think that because of the lax copyright laws would make them want to pirate the film for distribution MORE. However usually theater pirate copies aren't the problem as much as they used to be, its the film screeners that get posted online that pisses off the studios the most.

PRAYING they don't do that. They have a huge opportunity to do a nice surprise figure for SDCC, don't make it this one Hot Toys. This will sell out PLENTY as a regular SSC online PO, no need to limit it to SDCC.

:goodpost: :lecture

Can't wait to finally see a definite price tag on this. Hopefully less than $240.

I love your Cap in your sigline.
Have you got more pics of that figure?

Same pose, different angles, crappy quality. :lol

CapHK.jpg

CapHK2.jpg

~~~~~~ OT

I'll be priced out if this Movie promo exceeds $250.

$600 is what people are expecting to sell them for on ebay w/ the first 800 pcs coming from HK.....those will be $600 no doubt in my mind on ebay....SS will have these for around $250 when the movie launches....

That seems like it would be reverse logic. If it hits Asia first in April, you'd think that because of the lax copyright laws would make them want to pirate the film for distribution MORE. However usually theater pirate copies aren't the problem as much as they used to be, its the film screeners that get posted online that pisses off the studios the most.

Actually, I think that the response prior to yours was pretty accurate. I'm from Hong Kong, and tons of people watch pirated movies there. Movie theatre attendance has dropped dramatically, since few people would pay for a movie that they could see a crappy copy of for free. However, now that some big movies open a week earlier in Asia, a lot of people will go to see the big movie in the theatre, since a pirated copy is not yet readily available.

In contrast, I know people here in the U.S. really enjoy going to theatres (even though attendance is down here as well). They'll go watch a movie like Avengers in the theatre, even if they already have a pirated copy. I watched it in theatres 3 times! The one week wait is annoying, though.

I'm honestly expecting this thing to be $250 though SS as well. And given that SS is the NA distributor for Hot Toys, there is little to no chance that they won't be getting it.

I swear, even being subscribed to the newsletter, I'm going to be obsessively checking this thread for the next month so make sure I don't this this dumb pre-order.

I'm honestly expecting this thing to be $250 though SS as well. And given that SS is the NA distributor for Hot Toys, there is little to no chance that they won't be getting it.

I swear, even being subscribed to the newsletter, I'm going to be obsessively checking this thread for the next month so make sure I don't this this dumb pre-order.

You and me both. Our thinking in the same. I've been checking this thread and SS several times a day now to make sure I don't miss out. Just wish they'd put it up already! :gah:

It isn't going up until May. Stop sweating over it so much. Pretty sure it'll be up for a day before being sold out too and it'll be in the newsletter.

If it's going to be as limited as it sounds (or doesn't sound, depending on what limited to worldwide actually means), then we'll get an email notification before it goes up for priority preorder. If not, there's little chance they would be getting a tiny enough stock to make it go as fast as the Avengers Mark VI did.

I figure we'll have at least 24 hours to get an order in before it sells out (and probably more), I would just hate to miss it due to, well, life and other distractions.

I figure we'll have at least 24 hours to get an order in before it sells out (and probably more), I would just hate to miss it due to, well, life and other distractions.

For me, I know I want it and am going to get it. So it will be an instant order for me. I won't wait 5 seconds if I ca help it. Especially if this may the the last all plastic MMS EVA!!!!

Back