Hot Toys - MMS212 - IRON MAN 3 - HEARTBREAKER (MARK XVII)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my own fantasy, Heartbreaker is sort of a brawler. It kinda looks the part. And I kinda feel that HB looks best at an angle. Makes him look bulkier, and I love it.

035e3f90b2d064696374c7e0fd51e1c9.jpg

Funny how HB is fighting side-by-side with Thor, when it was created to counter the power of Thor's lightning :lol

Jokes aside, those 2 look great together! The variations in color somehow make them a perfect couple lol

I didn't know that, interesting. Tony shouldn't have destroyed it in Iron Man 3 really then, it never got tested in the movies. :(

I didn't know that, interesting. Tony she ouldn't have destroyed it in Iron Man 3 really then, it never got tested in the movies. :(

Keep in mind, just because it's destroyed, it doesn't mean he can't manufacture another one. While I doubt we'll see any of the previous armors in future movies, any engineer would keep files and blueprints on everything they create. WOuld be simple to just make another one.

This armor was never my cup of tea when it first came out, but it has definitely started to grow on me. I think it's the helmet and how different it is than any of the others that's awesome.

Keep in mind, just because it's destroyed, it doesn't mean he can't manufacture another one. While I doubt we'll see any of the previous armors in future movies, any engineer would keep files and blueprints on everything they create. WOuld be simple to just make another one.

This armor was never my cup of tea when it first came out, but it has definitely started to grow on me. I think it's the helmet and how different it is than any of the others that's awesome.

Good point, didn't think about it that way. :) Getting mine this month (so my retailer tells me), not totally sure it's Iron Man as it looks more like some sort of armoured alien to me but it still looks cool. :)

All he would have to say is "Jarvis make me another HB".

Quick question for anyone that owns this figure. Did any of your heartbreakers have any bad paint flaws? This my second one and he is littered with paint flaws. The first one, sideshow wouldn't replace, so I opted for a refund. The second has even more paint flaws. I've been collecting hot toys for years now, so I have run into the occasional flaws here and there. Just wanted to know if im just having bad luck or if others are having the same problems. Thanks!

Quick question for anyone that owns this figure. Did any of your heartbreakers have any bad paint flaws? This my second one and he is littered with paint flaws. The first one, sideshow wouldn't replace, so I opted for a refund. The second has even more paint flaws. I've been collecting hot toys for years now, so I have run into the occasional flaws here and there. Just wanted to know if im just having bad luck or if others are having the same problems. Thanks!

Have any pics of the flaws you could post? Don't recall any issues with mine via SSC.

In this case, pictures would help a lot. Not sure if you're talking about the actual weathering or really really obvious bad paint apps

I dont know how to post pics from my phone onto here, but its not the weathering or the painted scratches. Missing top coat, actual paints and some sticky gunk on couple of his limbs thatbi managed to get off. Is there a way to post pics on here from your phone? Ill gladly take pics.

I dont know how to post pics from my phone onto here, but its not the weathering or the painted scratches. Missing top coat, actual paints and some sticky gunk on couple of his limbs thatbi managed to get off. Is there a way to post pics on here from your phone? Ill gladly take pics.

0b785bd35191a355f1279abc504dbe0c.jpg

You press the camera or the landscape portrait thingy above the keyboard if you're using tapatalk

I couldn't get pics of where the top coat was rubbed of the side of the head. Won't show up on the pics.

Another thing to note, these weren't done by me. I always have my figures in a static muesum pose, in a close curio

If that's weathering then they've done it pretty poorly really, I expected it to look more battle damage & less paint pealing..., not got mine yet as I bought it from a retailer & as they get the stock from Sideshow I don't know if the dock strike will delay it further (expecting it this month).

If that's weathering then they've done it pretty poorly really, I expected it to look more battle damage & less paint pealing..., not got mine yet as I bought it from a retailer & as they get the stock from Sideshow I don't know if the dock strike will delay it further (expecting it this month).

Trust me, its not weathering. Its chipped paint. There are also parts on the figure where it looks like the too coat was rubbed off. I never ran into this problem with any of my other iron mans. I just hope my starboost doesn't suffer from poor quality like the heartbreaker did.

Trust me, its not weathering. Its chipped paint. There are also parts on the figure where it looks like the too coat was rubbed off. I never ran into this problem with any of my other iron mans. I just hope my starboost doesn't suffer from poor quality like the heartbreaker did.

Sounds like something's gone wrong during the manufacturing stage then..., I hope your returning this one? You definitely need a better example..., if mine does turn up this month I'll be checking it more thoroughly than usual. :/

Yeah, unfortunately this being my second one, im turned off by the heartbreaker now. Definitely getting a refund. Never ran into a problem like this collecting hot toys. Hope everyone's heartbreaker isnt like mine.

Back