1/6 Hot Toys - MMS383 - Suicide Squad - Harley Quinn Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far, yes! I really wish WW turned out good but alas..

Someone is doing a head sculpt for WW so I might just pick up WW from BvS and sell that HS lol.

Yea, people seem disappointed with WW for the head sculpt and the knee joints with Harley for the leg joints. Surely there is another female figure without those too major complaints?

Edited her wrist peg out one pic and blacked the background on another
4b9d4e98886ef1da393923d9ab4c1f8a.jpg
2c5692379e1166f646c8388fff128daa.jpg

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Hmmmmm... that's quite the claim. How about Wonder Woman? Rey? Jyn Erso? Black Widow? Gamora? Babydoll? Maleficent?

Wonder Woman - no , head sculpt is off, rooted hair looks too fake
Rey - she's up there... but the belt is so bad and her hair strands look distractinglt cheesy and her boobs too big. With mods she's one of the best of all time
Gamora - no opinion
Baby doll - super old and dated now, can't hold a candle to the new figures
Black widow - really nice, I like her great sculpt but her outfit isn't really natural looking and every single one of them looks like she's wearing a diaper
Malificant - no opinion

Not listed but Leah's head is insane... but her dress is pure garbage
Sarah Connor was good in the day, but a bit dated now
Never really paid attention to the scarlet witches but they always looked bad to me on display in the store

In my opinion hot toys female figures have always kind of sucked. Actually to be honest female figures kind of suck in 1/6. Most issues relating to mass produced rooted hair looking bad and thy just can't seem to make a decent body.i still think triad Eva is king (queen)

All that being said harley is by far and above the best female figure in 1/6 if you ask me

And I'm not biased. I'm only half into the character and asbsotely despised the movie. But this figure is near perfect.

I agree

Gamora would be awesome with a slight smile on her face, she's a tough character but she smiles from time to time

The new Wonder Woman could become 1st

Even though I dislike the SS HQ movie design (facial tattoos, blue instead of black, etc. why riff, elaborate, and overcomplicate such a perfect iconography the characters first time out? answer: because Joker has had many well-known interpretations, they had to do *something* new, and then she had to match )

But this gets my vote. I have never seen a 1/6 figure so much life in the face. I can almost hear her voice. It's beautiful and it freaks me out.
HT took a gamble and tried something new and I think it works like gangbusters. Are there any other female sculpts even half this good with a wide open mouth?

I don't need it, but I could look at pictures or video all day.

This figure is fantastic! Just an all-around solid piece of work. I did not have the problems others have stated with the stockings. I removed the plastic protectors carefully - while holding the lower halves of the legs firmly, I slowly twisted, then pulled the shoes off. Then carefully put them back on. I held each of the lower legs firmly while getting the shoes on. Putting unnecessary force on any of the joints (knees, hips) could definitely cause breakage - then you have a bigger problem in your hands. Anyway, no ripped stockings.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Be careful futzing with the shirt - the material stretches easily, especially if you need to remove it for some reason. Hot Toys must pop arms and legs off to get these outfits on.

Hmmmmm... that's quite the claim. How about Wonder Woman? Rey? Jyn Erso? Black Widow? Gamora? Babydoll? Maleficent?

We have to remember that we each have our own opinions and preferences.

One's best female figure isn't necessarily another's.

I am pretty sure opinions are welcome and encouraged here.

We have to remember that we each have our own opinions and preferences.

One's best female figure isn't necessarily another's.

I am pretty sure opinions are welcome and encouraged here.

Of course! I wasn't dismissing the opinion that it could be considered "the best", just wanted to encourage conversation about how people arrive at their conclusions or opinion about why they consider it the best over others. Some one says it's "the best" and I am interested in knowing why they think so compared to other figures.

Of course! I wasn't dismissing the opinion that it could be considered "the best", just wanted to encourage conversation about how people arrive at their conclusions or opinion about why they consider it the best over others. Some one says it's "the best" and I am interested in knowing why they think so compared to other figures.

Raymond F's comment pretty much summarized my thoughts for me haha

The shirt is sewn at the bottom to keep it snug, I believe. I hate to say it, but she's not meant to be disrobed. Even if she does come with that bra underneath.

Harley is not the best 1/6 female out there, but when it comes to presentation, she's hard to beat on the shelves. There honestly isn't a near perfect female figure yet? That's mass produced anyway. They always seem to get something wrong or have some kind of issue. Some more than others.

I had the same issue with the shirt! It's too bad it's not stretchy as the bra is kind of a posing option in a way since it's one of the scenes. What I did when my shirt stretched out was wet it with warm water and massage it a bit. Then I hit it with a hairdryer and it went pretty much back to normal!

Hey guys, quick update. So in the hope of avoiding scuffing the neck, I modded the choker a bit. I took an exacto knife and split it down the buckle in the back and sanded the edges on the inside. Unnoticeable, but makes it super easy to manipulate now without worry. I passed on putting the Yes Sir bands on because they just didn't want to budge. Don't even miss 'em.

I really do think HT has taken it to a new level with Harley. Very impressive and above all, fun figure.

She'll reside with Bruce and Bats until Arkham Joker comes out.
cff5c557e020ccd1702929e9c49e4787.jpg

Yeah, you have to boil that type of plastic. The purple bracelets. I tried the hair dryer trick and the material is just too dense. Kind of wish they were more pliable, but I'm guessing Hot Toys had their reasons. Needless to say, I left mine off as well.

do the boots have to be removed to get the plastic out from under them?

**** that plastic, I cant get the boots off on mine, it feels like I am going to break something or destroy the delicate material on the legs. I tried holding her by the waste and pulling/wiggling but it wont budge. If I use anymore force I could pull the knees out of the sockets, I am not sure how you guys got that **** off without breaking anything, maybe mine is on tighter.... who knows . Its bugging the **** out me because I want to display here but I've been trying to get the boots off for a few days to no avail. It is what it is, needless to say im not happy about this. Its like some cruel joke from the factory workers in china; you cant tell me they didn't know how difficult that plastic would be to remove, Funny stuff eh?? The worst part is they didn't even need plastic there, its not protecting anything, in fact it probably causes more harm then good, especially if you cant get the **** off

**** that plastic, I cant get the boots off on mine, it feels like I am going to break something or destroy the delicate material on the legs. I tried holding her by the waste and pulling/wiggling but it wont budge. If I use anymore force I could pull the knees out of the sockets, I am not sure how you guys got that **** off without breaking anything, maybe mine is on tighter.... who knows . Its bugging the **** out me because I want to display here but I've been trying to get the boots off for a few days to no avail. It is what it is, needless to say im not happy about this. Its like some cruel joke from the factory workers in china; you cant tell me they didn't know how difficult that plastic would be to remove, Funny stuff eh?? The worst part is they didn't even need plastic there, its not protecting anything, in fact it probably causes more harm then good, especially if you cant get the **** off

I'm thinking the boots on the later batch are tighter. Which makes me concerned for when the second one arrives.

Have you tried a hair dryer? It worked on mine as a last resort. Keep the heat angled low down away from the stockings.

I'm going to hazard a guess that I must've really, really had Lady Luck on my side, when my Harley was plucked from the lot and shipped out to me. Not a single QC issue in sight and getting her situated was smooth as a whistle. o_O

I'm going to hazard a guess that I must've really, really had Lady Luck on my side, when my Harley was plucked from the lot and shipped out to me. Not a single QC issue in sight and getting her situated was smooth as a whistle. o_O

Think I've been lucky also. No issues with mine and having seen all the QC complaints here I feel quite relieved.

Back