1/6 Hot Toys - MMS409 - Suicide Squad - Batman (Rebreather Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard Batman is racist.....

racist against criminals

To be completely honest, Ben Affleck's Batman was pretty much a Trump allegory. Narcissistic billionaire thinks it's his job to kill the alien just because he might knock a building down on someone? Actually, what the **** is it with Batman always being an allegory for Republican Presidents? Bale had Bush written all over him, tapping into everybody's cell phones to track The Joker. I blame Frank Miller. Turning Batman into a fascist in TDKR and onward. Kind of ironic that he did this while criticizing Reagan and this is what he begets.:lol

To be completely honest, Ben Affleck's Batman was pretty much a Trump allegory. Narcissistic billionaire thinks it's his job to kill the alien just because he might knock a building down on someone? Actually, what the **** is it with Batman always being an allegory for Republican Presidents? Bale had Bush written all over him, tapping into everybody's cell phones to track The Joker. I blame Frank Miller. Turning Batman into a fascist in TDKR and onward. Kind of ironic that he did this while criticizing Reagan and this is what he begets.:lol

giphy.gif

Uhhh there was no 'might' about it. I like MOS a lot, but Batmans fear and paranoia were understandable after what happened in metropolis. Not that I blame superman, I think he did the best he could but i get someone like Bruce Wayne freaking out over something that for the first time maybe he felt he couldn't control.

Uhhh there was no 'might' about it. I like MOS a lot, but Batmans fear and paranoia were understandable after what happened in metropolis. Not that I blame superman, I think he did the best he could but i get someone like Bruce Wayne freaking out over something that for the first time maybe he felt he couldn't control.

Exactly. Superman was a reminder of all of his failings over his career as Batman. Despite his best efforts, evil and crime still existed. He saw eliminating Superman as his way to atone for these failings, that if he can eliminate this "God", then it would give him a sense of purpose again.

Exactly. Superman was a reminder of all of his failings over his career as Batman. Despite his best efforts, evil and crime still existed. He saw eliminating Superman as his way to atone for these failings, that if he can eliminate this "God", then it would give him a sense of purpose again.

Batfleck has small hands. Superman just reminded him of that.:lol

Before anyone tries to correct me, Gone, Girl is not canon with the DCEU.:lol

I'd say it was understandable had half the movie not been Superman trying to atone for said mistakes and saving ****tons of people. Going back to the allegory, Batman had already made his mind up about Superman when he set out to destroy him, it was only after he realized Superman wasn't who he thought he was that he freaked out and realized what an insane **** he was being.

Well Mel Gibson has been on his best behavior the last few years and look at how some in this thread still feel about him (which they're entitled to), so not a stretch for a guy like Batman to still be nervous about his existence. I mean the conversation you and I are having is basically the same he had with Alfred and explained why he felt the way he did. I will say that perhaps the character arc just wasn't executed properly.

And winning votes through calling everyone else any name in the book with the suffix ist or phobe who doesn't agree with you, doesn't appear to be a winning strategy. As history shows.

I agree about Gibson though. Didn't he trash superhero movies in general recently? Thought he wasn't really a fan of them.

Not sure exactly what you mean but Trump openly retweets messages from neo nazi groups such as 'white genocide'. He's hiding in plain sight.

Yes Gibson trashed BvS and the genre in general. This is one of the most bizarre rumours I've seen.

Right now I'm more concerned about the Batman movie than a SS sequel. Some confirmation of another solo Superman movie would be nice to.

I feel like he said some ****ed up ****, but I'm in the camp who thinks he's a damn good director, and, as others have mentioned, on the scale of Hollywood ****ed uppery, saying racist and horrible **** while drunk, while disgusting, isn't quite on the level of being a kiddie ****er. Has he ever apologized for saying all that ****, by the way? That's what I'm curious about.

Not sure exactly what you mean but Trump openly retweets messages from neo nazi groups such as 'white genocide'. He's hiding in plain sight.

Yes Gibson trashed BvS and the genre in general. This is one of the most bizarre rumours I've seen.

Right now I'm more concerned about the Batman movie than a SS sequel. Some confirmation of another solo Superman movie would be nice to.

Are you referring to David Duke? He disavowed David Duke long ago and any white nationalist group that mentioned his name at their rallies post his election. He also never tendered an invite to any of them to the WH, the way BLM was tendered an invite to the WH over the summer after clamoring for the murdering of police officers. Feel free to PM if you'd like to discuss this, so as not to pollute the thread.

Ah ok, I thought I recall Gibson saying something along those lines. That being the case, I don't imagine Gibson would be all that invested in the project being those are his sentiments towards the genre.

Yeah, I'm more interested at this point in another Batman film than another SS film. I thought SS was decent, but it was definitely the weakest of the three films thus far in my opinion. Hasn't MoS 2 already been confirmed? I know it was scrapped for awhile, but I thought it was announced again?

Are you referring to David Duke? He disavowed David Duke long ago and any white nationalist group that mentioned his name at their rallies post his election. He also never tendered an invite to any of them to the WH, the way BLM was tendered an invite to the WH over the summer after clamoring for the murdering of police officers. Feel free to PM if you'd like to discuss this, so as not to pollute the thread.

Ah ok, I thought I recall Gibson saying something along those lines. That being the case, I don't imagine Gibson would be all that invested in the project being those are his sentiments towards the genre.

Yeah, I'm more interested at this point in another Batman film than another SS film. I thought SS was decent, but it was definitely the weakest of the three films thus far in my opinion. Hasn't MoS 2 already been confirmed? I know it was scrapped for awhile, but I thought it was announced again?

Yes it has, also the Batman sequel is in pretty good shape - seems the director is attached and the script is ready and Ben likes it... that doesn't stop the trolls from throwing negativity at it though!

Gibson is a strange choice given his stand-point on superhero movies – but like I said previously, SS isn't a superhero movie - it's a villain ensemble. And, considering Mel Gibson's dubious character - it hasn't stopped him being nominated for, and winning Oscars.
Personally - looking at him purely as a director – I think it could be a very clever move - he doesn't like how Superhero movies... so WB are saying "OK then, show us how it should be done!"

Fans of super heroes already wasted their try (hello Snyder, Ayer). Let's put in charge somebody who don't like these movies (or how are they made). It may be a clever approach.

Fans of super heroes already wasted their try (hello Snyder, Ayer). Let's put in charge somebody who don't like these movies (or how are they made). It may be a clever approach.

Eh, maybe I'd be more excited about it if they ditched this continuity. As it stands, though? "Shmeh." Mel Gibson directing Suicide Squad sequel is far less exciting to me than Mel Gibson directing...well, anything.:lol The only good thing about the Squad is the built in reboot potential. Start the movie with the original crew, then kill the ****ers and have The Wall start from scratch.:lol

Eh, maybe I'd be more excited about it if they ditched this continuity. As it stands, though? "Shmeh." Mel Gibson directing Suicide Squad sequel is far less exciting to me than Mel Gibson directing...well, anything.:lol The only good thing about the Squad is the built in reboot potential. Start the movie with the original crew, then kill the ****ers and have The Wall start from scratch.:lol

Totally disagree –*SS had a lot of problems, however the characterisations were not one of them – they are, infact, the saving grace of the movie. The fact that every character was so good, so strong, gives the sequel a big leg-up... SS has great potential.

Honestly, I thought all of the characters were horse****. Joker was a try-hard travesty, and his girlfriend wasn't too far off, Flagg was nothing more than a dude rattling off exposition for the audience's benefit, and the rest of them? It's hard to say they were good and strong when they didn't do jack ****. Croc was nothing more than some bull**** BET stereotype in a ridiculously disproportionate prosthetic, Boomerang, again, was given practically nothing to do other than occasionally act quirky, Katana...I don't even know why Katana, a member of the Outsiders, was there, though, if I had to guess, I'd say it was due to Ayer's attendance at the Sucker Punch school of filmmaking ("We need a badass chick with a sword!"). Honestly, the strongest performance out of the Squad was Will Smith's Deadshot, and, even that got played off with some stupid, corny ass joke about how he might kill some dude while helping his daughter with her trig homework. Diablo and Slipknot don't mean **** in terms of a sequel, for obvious reasons.:lol

That's the beauty of opinions, though. You can love it, I can hate it, and, at the end of the day, we're both right (or wrong, depending on how you want to look at it.:lol).

Honestly, I thought all of the characters were horse****. Joker was a try-hard travesty, and his girlfriend wasn't too far off, Flagg was nothing more than a dude rattling off exposition for the audience's benefit, and the rest of them? It's hard to say they were good and strong when they didn't do jack ****. Croc was nothing more than some bull**** BET stereotype in a ridiculously disproportionate prosthetic, Boomerang, again, was given practically nothing to do other than occasionally act quirky, Katana...I don't even know why Katana, a member of the Outsiders, was there, though, if I had to guess, I'd say it was due to Ayer's attendance at the Sucker Punch school of filmmaking ("We need a badass chick with a sword!"). Honestly, the strongest performance out of the Squad was Will Smith's Deadshot, and, even that got played off with some stupid, corny ass joke about how he might kill some dude while helping his daughter with her trig homework. Diablo and Slipknot don't mean **** in terms of a sequel, for obvious reasons.:lol

That's the beauty of opinions, though. You can love it, I can hate it, and, at the end of the day, we're both right (or wrong, depending on how you want to look at it.:lol).

Que the guy who has to say "to each their own," because there's always some jackweed that needs to say that stupid phrase over and over and over again.

To each their own.

Back