Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While it is a cool look, I can't think of a time where Luke wore his leather belt over the tunic?

I am one of those who will pose Luke with the belt on over the vest. Sure it wasn’t in the movies, but it it feels right and looks cool.

Ewok Village.

7-Luke.jpg

re: belt over the Jedi tunic...

It's funny, I had the same question. The only photo I could find was similar to the above, where his arm positioning completely covers the area the belt might be. It's strange, but even the pics of Luke talking to Leia before turning himself in to Vader, all have the same issue. I've yet to find an actual picture from the movie where his belt is over his tunic belt.

But it's also probably/maybe safe to assume he is wearing a belt based on where the saber is hanging when he is wearing the tunic. I just can't find any visual evidence.

Yeah, I don't recall seeing a pouch once he's with Vader, but I could see that being stripped away when the Empire takes him, same as his lightsaber.

Yes. He wore the tunic/vest with the leather belt when he tells Leia she is his sister. So “sister scene” in the Ewok village is the only place.

The pouch is on the belt and he sheds the vest before turning himself in. The pouch stays with him the rest of the movie.

Never noticed the belt over the tunic before. 35 years later and I still learn new things about this movie all the time.

I wonder if this was how his outfit was originally intended to be. I think the scenes in the village were some of the first ones filmed for ROTJ. Maybe they decided to change it as filming continued?

How can you tell? Because of the lightsaber? I will feel vindicated if this is true. :lol

Sorry, no you asked about the utility belt on over vest. No, he's not wearing the sash in the Leia/Ewok Village talk scene, just utility belt on the vest.

The "look" of the utility belt over the sash + vest was seen in ROTJ promo shots, so I guess that makes it "iconic" in the way that Kenner, Topps and others made barely seen or not seen on screen stuff iconic (bounty hunters are a good example.)

365c6dd805a5c9f00e1f870bc26b692c.jpg

f4131fbe997a223d87eeed985d70313e.jpg

Same... I just like the way he looks with the belt over the sash.

It's a good point - both SSC Luke Hoth and SSC Luke Snowspeeder came on bodies that were noticeably too tall for Luke. Those outfits you could work with on a new shorter body, but the black Jedi outfit is a different story.

Yeah, the Hoth was especially funny since Han was on a short body... so at leas swapping them around was easy. But no clue why Sideshow would develop bodies of different heights, yet fail to use them properly :huh

Notice in that boba fett shot that his blaster explodes before luke's saber hits it? Interesting.

Maybe the blaster is force sensitive?

Never noticed the belt over the tunic before. 35 years later and I still learn new things about this movie all the time.

One of the things I love about rewatching the OT is nearly every time I notice some little detail I never noticed before... sometimes it's a background character in the Cantina or funny mess ups like a Stormtrooper with his mask half off. But there seem to be a ton of details in the OT that you're eyes just glance over when you watch.

So i guess i have some renewed hope for this figure in hand now. Though it will be a while till i can get him though with gladiator thor around the corner and bills to pay.

Yeah, I think lighting and the type of lens is widening/flattening him out a bit. So many factors!
Definitely picking this one up though. As others have mentioned, I’m recalling the original Kenner fig with the cloth cloak from my childhood! Great memories that certainly play a huge part in wanting to get these figures now. I’m sure he’ll be one that’s constantly reposed and accessorised. Can’t wait![emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Exactly... people forget this all the time:

lens.gif

our eyes see generally a lens equivalent of 50mm. But then you have to take into account the aperture and how that effects it too.

Back