Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly... people forget this all the time:

lens.gif

our eyes see generally a lens equivalent of 50mm. But then you have to take into account the aperture and how that effects it too.

Wow that is cool ! Learn something every day !

man am I happy I bought the yunsil outfit for this (and didn't sell like lots of others unfortunately did)

The bright side is that the sculpt is HTs best attempt at Luke so far

Exactly... people forget this all the time:

lens.gif

our eyes see generally a lens equivalent of 50mm. But then you have to take into account the aperture and how that effects it too.

:exactly: that’s why I don’t go by bloggers pics. HT looks better in hand

Luke just runs up and hacks that guy, no mercy. Luke at his baddest!

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely love it , Luke is saying “ don’t you dare and goodbye “

Just like Luke is thinking “ I’m done with you “ here :clap

One thing that Luke was a badmofo here is if you slow motion this moment you can see that Luke did not just swipe blind, he actually timed the slash right to hit the front of the bike , in fact the scout fired one more shot at Luke that the saber deflected a second before Luke swiped the front of the bike. That’s what you call timing and precision :lol

Last edited:
It would be cool if Luke just chopped off Boba head instead of that Saclacc pit clown death.. something like father like son you know, like his father was killed by Mace Windu

talk about things that should have be CGId for the better... man that would have really tied the room together.

I wonder if this was how his outfit was originally intended to be. I think the scenes in the village were some of the first ones filmed for ROTJ. Maybe they decided to change it as filming continued?

Well, I think it is possible that the belt over the sash is part of the costume design but when they shot the Jabba stuff the belt with the clip meant for a lightsaber on it but with no lightsaber hanging from it may have looked to suspicious so they ditched it for those scenes (Or story wise "Luke" did for similar reasons?)

Those baggy arms and fat top. I'm wondering if it'll be at all possible to remove the black "onesie".

It might just need to be washed in hot water to shrink it a bit. Doesn't need much, but one size smaller could work.

I guess we'll see what people will do to improve it.

luke.jpg

Well, I think it is possible that the belt over the sash is part of the costume design but when they shot the Jabba stuff the belt with the clip meant for a lightsaber on it but with no lightsaber hanging from it may have looked to suspicious so they ditched it for those scenes (Or story wise "Luke" did for similar reasons?)

:exactly:

The Illusion that Luke wanted was he was unarmed when confronting Jabba so they wouldn’t think he had weapons on him

Those baggy arms and fat top. I'm wondering if it'll be at all possible to remove the black "onesie".

It might just need to be washed in hot water to shrink it a bit. Doesn't need much, but one size smaller could work.

I guess we'll see what people will do to improve it.

View attachment 409129

It should be easy enough to slim down by taking in the stitches a bit on either side. It's not hard at all to do, and I did the same thing with the old SS Jedi Luke outfit so that it could fit a slim truetype.

And this outfit looks about as baggy as that one did.

I showed my 9 year old son video still on youtube only head of Luke nothing else (arms or body)and i asked him who is that? Less then in a second he said Luke. Thats enough for me. I did my job now its Sideshows turn (sorry bbts).

I showed my 9 year old son video still on youtube only head of Luke nothing else (arms or body)and i asked him who is that? Less then in a second he said Luke. Thats enough for me. I did my job now its Sideshows turn (sorry bbts).

I mean, it is good, but if your kid is your metric you could save tons of money and just pin some crayon drawings on your wall :lol

I mean, it is good, but if your kid is your metric you could save tons of money and just pin some crayon drawings on your wall :lol

He goes by what his kid thinks..yeah, that’s a real collector for you :lecture

If every collector thought like this HT would go bankrupt :lol

It should be easy enough to slim down by taking in the stitches a bit on either side. It's not hard at all to do, and I did the same thing with the old SS Jedi Luke outfit so that it could fit a slim truetype.

And this outfit looks about as baggy as that one did.

If you do this, please take photos along the way.

Luke just runs up and hacks that guy, no mercy. Luke at his baddest!

He later spent years on an island mulling and regretting that day of dark side rage. Writing yet another letter to Klaatu's mom and dad, burdened by the guilt of all he had done, and the responsibility... all that people had expected of him.

If only he had force holo-projected that day instead. He could have saved all his friends and hurt no one. A simple "see ya round kid" to Jabba - a face plant and a "I shoulda known!" from Jabba in response... and so much pain for all would have been avoided.

Just like Luke is thinking “ I’m done with you “ here :clap

One thing that Luke was a badmofo here is if you slow motion this moment you can see that Luke did not just swipe blind, he actually timed the slash right to hit the front of the bike , in fact the scout fired one more shot at Luke that the saber deflected a second before Luke swiped the front of the bike. That’s what you call timing and precision :lol

So much killing... for what?

28428029_189895354949252_4559947536709713920_n.jpg

The consequences, those left behind, will haunt you forever...

2098843951_9460f8c92f_b.jpg

Or a force ghost that could have showed up and used sith lightning on them all frying them with zero risk.

Yea TLJ RJ has no fing clue how the force works, or how much he is breaking the lore and making old movies not make any bloody sense.

:p

Dead yoda could have taken out vader and pal and there would have been nothing they could have done about it.

He later spent years on an island mulling and regretting that day of dark side rage. Writing yet another letter to Klaatu's mom and dad, burdened by the guilt of all he had done, and the responsibility... all that people had expected of him.

If only he had force holo-projected that day instead. He could have saved all his friends and hurt no one. A simple "see ya round kid" to Jabba - a face plant and a "I shoulda known!" from Jabba in response... and so much pain for all would have been avoided.

Oookay..you do realize that they were going to kill all the heroes on the skiff no questions asked. What else was Luke supposed to do

Back