Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll be pissed if Endor Luke ends up having a better DS outfit. :lol

But I personally want nothing to do with the Endor outfit, and prefer the DS and tunic combo.

What happens when Endor Luke is offered? Three ROTJ Lukes?

At least if they fix Luke's suit on the Endor version, you could swap this baggy outfit and put it under the poncho. Likely that is what HT planned all along. Engineered obsolescence.

Knowing HT, they’ll just reuse the same DS outfit.

First and second pics show HT on left and Yunsil on right (HT has the head). The pictures are not the best but I think still show that the HT has an overly brown vest while Yunsil’s has a more accurate blue/grey colouring. The Yunsil one also has a more accurate material. But everyone will have their own view. The cloak on the HT is too dark compared to the original prop but, of course, the cloak looks darker in the Jabba’s palace lighting.

HT does seem to have a more accurate belt, however.
Yeah, I'm just not seeing an overly brown vest at all.* I mean, I can see in some pics/videos under certain lighting that the gray vest has a very slight brown tinge to it.* Of course, things always look a bit different in real life.* You certainly are right with everyone having a different view.* I've realized after getting into countless arguments with a friend that everyone has slightly different rods and cones.* lol - really backs up the philosophy behind everything being a perception of an illusion.* If I owned the Yunsil already, it would definitely make more sense to use it's vest.* Agreed, I was thinking the same thing about the HT belt being a lot better.* I wonder why Yunsil made the belt brown?
Someone mentioned about how the rectangular section of the HT shirt sticks out way more compared to the Sideshow version.* I'd still go with the HT one cause of those nasty stitch lines on the cuffs and collar.* I do like the fake leather pouch compared to the all plastic HT one.*
I know people are doing the water treatment for the cloak, but it seems like it needs to be ironed.* I did a nice moist ironing for my Vader cape and Kenobi robe, and they drape a lot nicer/crease-free.* Even ironed my Batman Returns cape.* I always lay a thin t-shirt over the item to avoid any possible damage.*
On another note; is Sideshow contractually obligated to sculpt cartoonish head sculpts or something?* I mean the prototype of Jack Burton was pretty alright, but good god..the final product is 2008 Medicom wacky!* Even there Luke Jedi is like late 2000's quality.
Why oh why is every single major company/half rate company/customizer miles ahead of SSC sculpts?!* Even when they get one spot on (like Beetlejuice), they give it a goofy a s s expression. They're the second largest 1/6 scale company, yet they can only afford half blind amateur sculptures.

IMO, I think HT has tackled too many licenses in the past few years that they rush projects to get them out and when this happens they are doing too many characters for a line and I think now QC is starting to suffer.

It's become a competition for HT and whenever this happens something suffers :lecture
They should start by investing in their employees. Make them feel like they are actually valued and appreciated. Pay them a good wage. They’ll put more pride into their work with a little positivity in their stride. Then, they really should think about expanding their operations again, if they’re tackling so much that they’re now having trouble managing it all. And speaking of managers... hiring some extra ones for the various departments couldn’t hurt.

I’d like to see them do better. They haven’t exactly thrilled me like they used to. I’ve had a few fleeting moments in the last two years at most. This trend of cutting corners and blatant inaccuracies in sculpts and accessory designs... well, I guess it’s great for customizers. It’s tiring for everyone else though.

Unless SideShow steps up their game and become formidable competitor at 1/6 market ...but I doubt there is no way it gonna happen any time soon..such issues that you addressed above really gonna take some time for Hot Toys to take notice.

thats why I said unless... :cuckoo:

btw just recieved emal from SS that my final flex payment just has been re-scheduled to June 25, so I assume they will ship out Luke by that time

Yeah, Sideshow really fell out of the 1/6 scale game. They don’t produce much of anything these days. And when they do, they throw a Hot Toys quality price tag on it. Granted, I swallowed that nonsense for their Darth Maul 2.0 release, mostly because I was able to recycle the cloak from my version one figure.

Asmus, ThreeZero and Star Ace are paving the way where Sideshow left off. Granted, there’s a ton of room for improvement to go around.

btw just recieved emal from SS that my final flex payment just has been re-scheduled to June 25, so I assume they will ship out Luke by that time

Dammage!

I just changed my scheduled final FLEX payment from June 25 to June 10 and now they put it back to the 25th. :cuss

:lol

You do know that for nearly 10 years Sideshow WAS the 1/6th leader in the game and made tons of figures and held the majority of licenses much like HT does now. It all started in 2005 for them when they got the Star Wars license, though that had been doing Universal Monsters and Bond for several years previously.

So my comment to you was more like -- they've already been there, did that.

Nothing cuckoo about it.

Same here. Bumped to June 25 also. So looking like early July to receive my order. not too bad, and luckily have this thread of great photos and videos to keep my satisfied while I wait.

Can't wait for the greatest Jedi of all time to arrive!

Not according to some guy named Rian Johnson who I hadn't heard of until last year. To him Luke was a weak, frightened, do nothing, psychotic, homeless hermit:(. I am very excited to get this figure though! I'll probably get two!

Let's try to keep this thread focused on this figure and not your dashed expectations of a movie that has nothing to do with this figure. Too many threads have fallen into this trap.

Back