Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are plenty of things to nitpick about but overall this is the best Jedi Luke figure we’ve had to date. I can’t wait to get mine and possibly two.

Luke 2.jpgLuke1.jpgLuke3.jpg

In case anyone is interested, just some quick photos comparing the HT piece with Yunsil's version.

As you can see, Yunsil's vest has a blue/grey colour rather than the HT brown. Yunsil's also looks much more like the texture of the original costume (a pic of the costume from the Star Wars Costumes book is also attached). Yunsil's cloak is also brown - which looks like the correct colour. I haven't had time to futz with the HT figure at all yet. Will post some better comparisons when I have a chance, if there is interest; at first glance, the HT is quite a long way short of Yunsil's work (perhaps not surprising).

View attachment 411130View attachment 411131View attachment 411132

In case anyone is interested, just some quick photos comparing the HT piece with Yunsil's version.

As you can see, Yunsil's vest has a blue/grey colour rather than the HT brown. Yunsil's also looks much more like the texture of the original costume (a pic of the costume from the Star Wars Costumes book is also attached). Yunsil's cloak is also brown - which looks like the correct colour. I haven't had time to futz with the HT figure at all yet. Will post some better comparisons when I have a chance, if there is interest; at first glance, the HT is quite a long way short of Yunsil's work (perhaps not surprising).

looking forward to the comparison. i have the yunsil outfit and plan to use that one for my uncloaked luke, and use the yunsil cloak on my ht cloaked version :0 theeeen, theres the windblown sail barge version i will be making lol.

View attachment 411130View attachment 411131View attachment 411132

I'm confused. So I was under the impression that the first pic (with the head) is Hot Toys and second is Yunsil. I then looked at the actual outfit and saw that the Hot Toys one spot on in colour/texturing..and the collar is further apart like in the HT one as well. But the confusing part was when I read your description. You were saying the Yuncil one has that movie accurate texture (which is pic 1, but I'm pretty sure that's actually the HT one). lol So are we just seeing things completely opposite?

This picture is fantastic idea. I would reshoot and just pull down the cloak on Luke so it shows the black a bit more. Looks like hes being choked...
56bf7aa0f41bb9eca125734697192133.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First and second pics show HT on left and Yunsil on right (HT has the head). The pictures are not the best but I think still show that the HT has an overly brown vest while Yunsil’s has a more accurate blue/grey colouring. The Yunsil one also has a more accurate material. But everyone will have their own view. The cloak on the HT is too dark compared to the original prop but, of course, the cloak looks darker in the Jabba’s palace lighting.

HT does seem to have a more accurate belt, however.

Finally able to get those d### arms to rise over his head for a strike pose. Knew it had to be possible. Now I'm happy :lol

What happens when Endor Luke is offered? Three ROTJ Lukes?

At least if they fix Luke's suit on the Endor version, you could swap this baggy outfit and put it under the poncho. Likely that is what HT planned all along. Engineered obsolescence.

man, not to derail the conversation but Ive been getting some bad seed figures lately. My last 3 figures had some QC issue. Han stormy was missing a name plate, Tarkin had a chip on his chin, and Anakin had a wire sticking from his sleeve and a stained hand. I miss the old days of getting figures with no issues. What happened?Scared of getting Luke kinda.

man, not to derail the conversation but Ive been getting some bad seed figures lately. My last 3 figures had some QC issue. Han stormy was missing a name plate, Tarkin had a chip on his chin, and Anakin had a wire sticking from his sleeve and a stained hand. I miss the old days of getting figures with no issues. What happened?Scared of getting Luke kinda.

IMO, I think HT has tackled too many licenses in the past few years that they rush projects to get them out and when this happens they are doing too many characters for a line and I think now QC is starting to suffer.

It's become a competition for HT and whenever this happens something suffers :lecture

I'll bet that HT has good factories and OK factories. If they have three, one has to be the worst. I think they send the Star Wars figures to that factory.

Yondu, Star-Lord and Jack Sparrow came out of the top factory.

What happens when Endor Luke is offered? Three ROTJ Lukes?

At least if they fix Luke's suit on the Endor version, you could swap this baggy outfit and put it under the poncho. Likely that is what HT planned all along. Engineered obsolescence.

I think I'd almost rather prefer an entire figure for Endor Luke. I have a vader, emperor (on order) and a death star diarama to use the DS outfit.

I'd also like to display him with cloak, tabard, saber on belt and blaster shot hand.

Finally I have a scout trooper on a speeder bike waiting for Endor Luke.

No issue for me if it's another full figure.
:)

Back