Hot Toys : New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming?

Supply and demand. I don't get why everybody gets in a tizzy when they reissue a figure.

Don't you want an improved/better version?

You all must have never collected figures that cost less than $150 a pop. Happens in the retail toy isles every year or so.

Star Wars, Marvel, DC... Always improvements.

I welcome it and look forward to it.

Maybe they're being snatched up by people sick of seeing Ledger's Joker face? :dunno

Same thing with the DX :lecture :monkey1

Yeah the HT bubble is bound to burst with the amount of licenses they've taken on and un-addressed QC issues. They simply don't have enough quality sculptors to do justice to all of the licenses they have taken on.

And you get the feeling the next QC disaster is around the corner

Likenesses are hit or miss with that many releases. I will say the Jack Joker is a stunning piece that grows more impressive the more I see of it.

As for QC issues. I for one think they hit a big breakthrough with the Jill battle suit for superheroes. Would not be surprised if the Amazing Spidey does not have a suit in the same material.

Supply and demand. I don't get why everybody gets in a tizzy when they reissue a figure.

Well, it's kind of an issue when you also revealed and made Figure A, Figure B, Figure C, Figure D, Figure E, Figure F, Figure G, Figure H, Figure I, Figure J, etc.

Ask the Platoon fans how their Elias (I believe they also had place cards") is doing or if Indy is even close to being finished or tweaked at all. A new Joker didn't need to happen. It's ridiculous. It's a money grab that could potentially turn and bite Hot Toys in the ass some day. Keep in mind that this "new" 2.0 Joker isn't the only collectible in development.

Also, you'd have to be crazy to think that quality control won't take a hit with all these releases, especially with complicated designs like Avatar Jake, Iron Monger, Iron Man and the Batmobile.

It's just too much and not consistent from line to line.

Yeah, they need to let TDK die down. They already made a ____ ton of money off selling these figures. Let it go and move on.

Yeah let it move on for a few months and then we will all be knees deep in TDKR figures... I see at least 2 Bats 2 Banes and 2 Catwomans before all is said and done... Maybe Ras if he is in the movie and not just flashbacks...

Also, you'd have to be crazy to think that quality control won't take a hit with all these releases, especially with complicated designs like Avatar Jake, Iron Monger, Iron Man and the Batmobile.

It's just too much and not consistent from line to line.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6OifhQ64EM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6OifhQ64EM[/ame]

Both my Iron Man figs had issues... I'm not saying there won't be overall QC issues. I was just referring to the costume department. It will be interesting to see what they come up with. I promise they want to avoid another Bats DX debacle as much as the collectors want them to.

As for this figure being ridiculous and a money grab. I would dare say that all of these Jokers and Batmen is what launched them to where they are today to be able to buy the great licenses.

And who owning a collectables company wouldn't issue 50 versions of something if they always sold out. It's not greedy IMO. Money lines their pockets and pays rent, not that warm fuzzy feeling of happy collectors. I see the reasoning behind the frustration but from a business stand point it IS all about money and I can't hate on them for that. That's the goal of any business. Profit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6OifhQ64EM

Both my Iron Man figs had issues... I'm not saying there won't be overall QC issues. I was just referring to the costume department. It will be interesting to see what they come up with. I promise they want to avoid another Bats DX debacle as much as the collectors want them to.

As for this figure being ridiculous and a money grab. I would dare say that all of these Jokers and Batmen is what launched them to where they are today to be able to buy the great licenses.

And who owning a collectables company wouldn't issue 50 versions of something if they always sold out. It's not greedy IMO. Money lines their pockets and pays rent, not that warm fuzzy feeling of happy collectors. I see the reasoning behind the frustration but from a business stand point it IS all about money and I can't hate on them for that. That's the goal of any business. Profit.

I still laugh when ever I still see those Warner Bros screeners are still on youtube... :yess:

Maybe it's a robber/nurse edition??? Another suited vers. would stink of financial pigging.

Robber was done already a damn good figure now they could revist the head sculpts but he would need a lot more to have it be up to DX standards...

I would have been fine if Hot Toys ended the Joker here,

joker1cr4-1.jpg

joker2od8-1.jpg

Those were the days.

Yeah, the better coats, vest snaps and suspenders are nice but had the DX never existed, I would have been more than content.

For me I feel like these are turning into DVD's.

I used to buy them first day they were available. For a movie I enjoyed these were no thought purchases. Then companies start testing your brand loyalty by releasing a new version a year later & then again shortly after that. Sometimes it came with a couple of new extras or it had been remastered to have better quality. Still being a fan of that film I bought it. Especially with the fear that you have to pay more in-case it went out-of-print.

Then at one point I realized that I have 3 of the same thing with only marginal differences between them. It took a couple of years to wake up & start making wise decisions. Eventually out of annoyance I started waiting until the best version was out; but to those companies there never will be a version that is all encompassing & final. Now I've stopped buying all together. Other people have come to this conclusion as well as sales have been lower & lower; as much as 20% within the last year.

My point is that if you feel your being wronged by a company then more than likely you are. Especially when they're selling the same item they released previously within a couple years time, but with small differences. That's when you have to opportunity to show them that you have control over them with your wallet. Replace DVD with figure & you'll see it's not much different.

.....now I must step off my soapbox & return to waiting for the Joker DX 2.0 preorder.....

if you owned a company and someone said to you you can make money by releasing another joker theres not one person on this site that would say (i think theres 2 many versions i dont want to make money on another one)of course there gonna make another and if this one sells they will probly do another.why not i would.and yeah it sucks 4 the guy that just spent 500 on one but wht about someone who doesnt have the money i bet they are happy.theres an easy way to stop them from realesing future versions.dont buy this one.and really are you suprized they realeased all thre top sellers again.theres 3 oc batmen 2 dark knight versions 4 jokers 2 ironman mark iii 2 mark ii 2 john conners so dont act surprized..if it was numbered and marketed as only a certain amount maade then yeah you would have a point but its supply and demand and the demand was greater than supply.and finally the sugested retail price for the dx was $175 hot toys did not ask anyone to pay more than that it was your choice.i got mine for that.

I would have been fine if Hot Toys ended the Joker here,

joker1cr4-1.jpg

joker2od8-1.jpg

Those were the days.

Yeah, the better coats, vest snaps and suspenders are nice but had the DX never existed, I would have been more than content.

Maybe its nostalgia but there is yet to be a teaser/announcement of a HT fig that has excited me as much as that did back in the day

For me I feel like these are turning into DVD's.

I used to buy them first day they were available. For a movie I enjoyed these were no thought purchases. Then companies start testing your brand loyalty by releasing a new version a year later & then again shortly after that. Sometimes it came with a couple of new extras or it had been remastered to have better quality. Still being a fan of that film I bought it.

Then at one point I realized that I have 3 of the same thing with only marginal differences between them. It took a couple of years to wake up & start making wise decisions. Eventually out of annoyance I started waiting until the best version was out; but to those companies there never will be a version that is all encompassing & final. Now I've stopped buying all together. Other people have come to this conclusion as well as sales have been lower & lower; as much as 20% within the last year.

My point is that if you feel your being wronged by a company then more than likely you are. Especially when they're selling the same item they released previously within a couple years time, but with small differences. That's when you have to opportunity to show them that you have control over them with your wallet. Replace DVD with figure & you'll see it's not much different.

.....now I must step off my soapbox & return to waiting for the Joker DX 2.0 preorder.....

DVDS??? Its all about the Blu Rays now anyway... :wink1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back