Hot Toys new Superman teaser... he's coming guys!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:pfft: good one! I actually fixed them some years ago. LOL

Maybe that's the problem? :dunno

lasik-home-four-easy-steps.jpg

Not 'shopped, but surely this shows that the eyes are a little too small.

Don't get me wrong, I think overall this looks amazing and I will get it. But I may switch out the head.

christopher_reeve01.jpg

Figure look's amazing ..but i still think Eric's sculpt has an edge on hot toys sculpt... but hey this is still just a prototype, plenty of time for minor tweaking.

Meh.

I'll get it but will be swapping the head with a Sosa, body with a Enterbay "Original" Action Body and Kato outfit.

Not 'shopped, but surely this shows that the eyes are a little too small.

Don't get me wrong, I think overall this looks amazing and I will get it. But I may switch out the head.

christopher_reeve01.jpg

The eyes are fine.

This picture has shadowing all over them, and your example does not.
That's the only difference I can see

1105242215d597a871f25b620e.jpg

After all the hype and the waiting, I'm sorry to say it didn't deliver, IMHO. There's a close likeness to Chris for sure, it's still an awesome piece of work, but there's a lot to be fixed-readjusted to truly get the 'perfect' likeness; fix the eyes, make the lips/mouth just a hair wider... and the body, whether you want to flame me or agree with me or not, and I'm sure a lot will disagree, but that is NOT Christopher Reeve's physique or proportion. Go to www.capedwonder.com and compare his full body pics from this figure, it's not even close.

Shoulders are too droopy, torso/stomach/hips area too thin, arms too small, that is not a Superman or a Chris Reeve stance. Well, maybe it's a prototype, or hurriedly put out to ease the clamor. Maybe the actual release will be better, just maybe...

Very much like the Robert Downey likeness, or even the Christian Bale likeness. They got the likeness only on the second try/wave. This is pretty much the same. Don't get me wrong, I totally admire the work, and being a sculptor myself, I know how much time and dedication went into doing this, but I'll wait for the next one, which I'm sure would be much better...

It's interesting that the teaser shot had the correct blue for the suit, but these pictures have the standard WB/DC mandated dark blue. Perhaps that's why they haven't revealed yet, they're still trying to get permission to use the correct blue?

WOW!! That was a long wait for pictures, but completely worth it. I love the fact he has clear crystals on his base. I can't wait to see how the flying stand will work. And looking at his cape in the 2 pictures, there might be a wire in there. Which would be so cool to pose his cape blowing a little. :clap I wonder how fast he is going to sell out, lol.

It's interesting that the teaser shot had the correct blue for the suit, but these pictures have the standard WB/DC mandated dark blue. Perhaps that's why they haven't revealed yet, they're still trying to get permission to use the correct blue?

:goodpost::exactly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back