Hot Toys Predators - Classic Predator - Official Specs and Pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Predators - Classic Predator - MMS?

Most fans will think this new classic is close enough I think. Not to many have really great shots of the real P1. I was very lucky that my buddy Shawn Nagle had a friend that took great pics of the original prop standing in Winston's shop. The right and left gauntlets were the originals. The only thing missing was the back pack. I think most fans will think this new one is close enough and that will work for them. Looking at the pics though I can see HT only used the original P1 for the body and mask shapes. Everything else is dead on classic but still it'll be cool. I wondering if HT makes a new P1 just how much will they change it. I have a feeling it won't be much at all. Maybe the left shoulder pad and I think they'll be thinking most fans will be happy enough with that and the bones necklace parts. I don't think HT is into spending long hours trying to dig up reference to get the figures accurate. Good example is when Tsang was sculpting the Alien he had the McFarlane figure near by. HT Alien ended up having the same tail and round calves as the McFarlane. They did a great job on the Classic and they had great reference to go by.

If HTs do eventually do a remake of P1, I want it to be as accurate as your 1/4 P1. I dont want them to use the same armour as this classic.
But until then, this classic will do fine for me.

Yeah, but in a way that isn't even remotely funny somehow.

It's funny! It was proven quite a few pages back :wink1:

When are you going to start jumping on the NFL thread again?

It looks like a complete mask to me, but many where debating if the mask was removable from the SDCC pics. It could be HT is showing that it is removable. I don't think HT has released a Pred with two heads because you can remove the mask and remove the mandibles.

Could be a loose BD mask because the other is sculpted on, so if people want to pose him unmasked they have a loose mask to use, as well. The whole reasoning of them showing a loose mask so it has to be undamaged isn't that sound a reasoning at all.

But, it could also be a removable mask with extra undamaged mask for alternate display. We're not going to know for sure until the official specs are released. So until that happens, nothing is proven or disproved at this moment.

This is my guess of it. We will be getting two heads. One Masked and one Unmasked (obviously) But I think the Masked head will be a swap out with Battle Damaged and Non BD. Like the new DX Sparrows face. And the Batman "mouths".

Actually Id almost put money on it. :)

This is my guess of it. We will be getting two heads. One Masked and one Unmasked (obviously) But I think the Masked head will be a swap out with Battle Damaged and Non BD. Like the new DX Sparrows face. And the Batman "mouths".

Actually Id almost put money on it. :)

:goodpost: This, I would prefer a heck of a lot more than just plain switch out heads :lecture

Most fans will think this new classic is close enough I think. Not to many have really great shots of the real P1. I was very lucky that my buddy Shawn Nagle had a friend that took great pics of the original prop standing in Winston's shop. The right and left gauntlets were the originals. The only thing missing was the back pack. I think most fans will think this new one is close enough and that will work for them. Looking at the pics though I can see HT only used the original P1 for the body and mask shapes. Everything else is dead on classic but still it'll be cool. I wondering if HT makes a new P1 just how much will they change it. I have a feeling it won't be much at all. Maybe the left shoulder pad and I think they'll be thinking most fans will be happy enough with that and the bones necklace parts.
it's got some battle damage on other parts of the armor too. and yeah, the whole shoulder cannon assembly is totally different.
I don't think HT is into spending long hours trying to dig up reference to get the figures accurate. Good example is when Tsang was sculpting the Alien he had the McFarlane figure near by. HT Alien ended up having the same tail and round calves as the McFarlane. They did a great job on the Classic and they had great reference to go by.
oh, we all remember seeing the McFarlane toy when he was sculpting the Big Chap. and that turned out pretty much as expected too. the whole reference thing infuriates me. there's no excuse for a high-end figure company to use outdated/inaccurate statues toys and model kits as references. when Tsang was sculpting this, he had the friggin Biliken Predator kit right in front of him. and the SSC maquette with the jacked up shoulder cannon. i wouldn't call those great references. but at least the base body turned out alright.

I can't believe no one has pointed out the Hello Kitty skull trophy accessory yet. Everyone's attention has been on the bio, but if you look to the right of the image there's obviously a Hello Kitty skull trophy. :yess: I've marked its location on the image to help you spot it:

attachment.php

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

it's got some battle damage on other parts of the armor too. and yeah, the whole shoulder cannon assembly is totally different.

oh, we all remember seeing the McFarlane toy when he was sculpting the Big Chap. and that turned out pretty much as expected too. the whole reference thing infuriates me. there's no excuse for a high-end figure company to use outdated/inaccurate statues toys and model kits as references. when Tsang was sculpting this, he had the friggin Biliken Predator kit right in front of him. and the SSC maquette with the jacked up shoulder cannon. i wouldn't call those great references. but at least the base body turned out alright.

:exactly::exactly::exactly::goodpost:
Take the extra time and get all the proper reference material. It all pays off in the end.

Yeah I hear ya on this and making Big Chap now would be easy because all the reference that has come to light in that last year or two. I can tell you I know he had behind the scene pics and lots of them of classic from the new movie. I'm very familiar with classics detail and I can see it on this new figure everywhere. It would be great if they did go all out on P1 and heck I'd tell them please use mine for Reference and not McFarlane. LOL.
At least they made it look like P1 and not classics body. After I got the new Predators HT figures the thought in my mind was if only P1 and P2 were like this. Looks like HT is getting it together on future Predator figures. They might end up costing a lot more but the paint job should make them worth it. These two new figures look to have very nice paint jobs. If we do visit P2 19 inches I would hope we could up the price to give him the paint job he would need. P1 really doesn't have near as complicated paint as P2.

Sorry Sabres21768 , But it seems that your own proves and evidences are turning against you man :monkey3

But again.. we'll have to wait for the SPECS to find out :/

Agreed...once again...I'm wrong.

Seems on a roll for wrongness lately.

My apologies. :1-1:

Agreed...once again...I'm wrong.

Seems on a roll for wrongness lately.

My apologies. :1-1:

You do'nt need to apologize bro! :1-1:

The truth is that, we can't take anything for granted.. at least, until we see the official SPECS .. but until then, maybe you're right or maybe you're wrong (same for me) :rotfl

Last edited:

You do'nt need to apologize bro! :1-1:

The truth is that, we can't take anything for granted.. at least, until we see the official SPECS .. but until then, maybe you're right or maybe you're wrong (same for me) :rotfl

Thanks dude. :hi5:

Seems like Hot Toys is really uping the "extras" with their Preds.

Battle damaged or not the mask is not accurate and if you want a true P1 you need a baloo bio....

It might turn out a good thing you waited. HT P2 is just OK while P1 is good.

Do you mean the HT P1 look good? I honestly never liked it. It looks nothing like the real thing, it is very innacurate. The new preds while still has issues they are much better and actually they are look good. This classic pred is very nice anyway from HT.

I think HT P2 >>> P1. P2 is just a nicer figure all round apart from the base and option of open mandibles.

So given that this is going up for Pre-order at ani-con today, we should be only a few hours away from getting full specs released right?

To me Classic will look great with the new Super Predators and Royce. I won't give up my original P1, which I still like a lot.

I'm surprised people are still taking about presale-ebay-hk-ass___s who overstate prices by 3-4 times for fools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back