Hot Toys Predators - Classic Predator - Official Specs and Pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Predators - Classic Predator - MMS?

I think that the mandibles and masks plug into one slot on the head.

Does the extra regular mask pretty much mean we won't be getting a new P1 later on you think?

Who knows with hot toys but remember they do love pumping out any and all Preds.

Head sculpt looks about as good as HT will ever make it. And let's face it, it's not half-bad. More expressive, plus they posed the mandibles so it doesn't look like its only purpose is to have the mask on. I like.

Keep in mind, though. That Berserker skull is an exclusive for people who PO from Ani-Com. Hopefully SSC will also have it, otherwise it'll be going for killer prices on the secondary market.

Lastly, guys... These $250 and $300 listings are bullpucky. Look on feeBay for a second. Auctions for Shadow are going as high as $400 including shipping -- even though his price was listed as $225 at San Diego last week. And what about that price conversion that put this guy at around $177 USD? Granted, the cost could inflate a little once it goes up in the States, but $250 is unrealistic.

I would be very, very surprised if there were a third classic/original Predator release in the next several years. The only reason he's getting a second release so soon is because he happened to show up in the Predators film. And even if they wanted to milk him for more, he's not like Joker or Batman where there's multiple costumes and accessories that can make for an additional release. There's no "Classic Predator in Nurse outfit" to be made.

Can someone post the photos from Watermelon's blog on here? Every time I try to go there I get "MALWARE WARNING!"

Classic looks nice, but he'd only be fodder for kit-bashing a P1 pred for me, so I won't spend that amount of money on it.
I'll just wait for the inevitable P1 DX or redux a couple of months from now.

Love how identical they are :lol
The only difference - paint scheme and lower part of mandibles.

comparShadvsClas.jpg

. . .

Great disappointment coz it's gonna be necessary to re-sculpt their mouths.

Many thanks to Watermelon for pics! :wave

Can someone post the photos from Watermelon's blog on here? Every time I try to go there I get "MALWARE WARNING!"

IMGP9071.JPG

IMGP9072.JPG

IMGP9073.JPG

IMGP9074.JPG

IMGP9075.JPG

IMGP9076.JPG

IMGP9078.JPG

IMGP9122.JPG

Some good hologram shots in there. Looks like they have both the large Earth and the solar system versions.

Love how identical they are :lol
The only difference - paint scheme and lower part of mandibles
the dreads are different too. but that's how the props were made. all the lost pred costumes were re-used parts from P1 and P2. so i don't have any problem with the figures being made that way.

Looks like the blades curve downward too much, like the P1 and P2 style blades do. But, if they're coated with that metal-type material, I'd be scared to do the mod to straighten them out like I did with my P1, P2 and Guardian. I'm afraid it'd wrinkle the coating.

Because we all know the first thing to do when we get him out of the box is to display him with a hologram on his arm??? You guys can all you want Ill skip that and go for Berserker just chopped off my head mode... LOL

the dreads are different too. but that's how the props were made. all the lost pred costumes were re-used parts from P1 and P2. so i don't have any problem with the figures being made that way.

He just likes to troll and get a rise out of people. I'm more than happy with the new looks, myself :D

Cant believe Hot Toys cant nail the unmasked face right...

Probably the best we're going to get and it's still miles away from the old P1. Heh, it looks better than Classic's head actually did in the movie :lol.

Me, I am so using those holograms. Wasn't planning to originally since I wasn't even expecting them, but now... I already know the pose he's getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back