Hot Toys Predators - Classic Predator - Official Specs and Pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Predators - Classic Predator - MMS?

And eventually that lie will break them. There's only so long a man can lie to himself like that. Soon enough he'll surely turn to drink to try to silence his knowledge of the truth, and in time he wont be able to look at his collectibles without something in him, all his figures will take on the stink of shame. His alcoholism will grow to such an extent that he'll lose his job, then he'll be home all day with his collectibles, that'll be too much for him, eventually he'll just blow his brains out. It's not worth the risk, IMHO.

So I guess people who make customs or kit-bash are just lying to themselves?

It's all what you want it to be. As long as you look at it and it's good looking to you, who cares what others think. Think about that movie Shallow Hal :lol

:exactly: It's your figure, your money, it can be what you want it to be :) I can still see HT going back & doing the P1 though.

So I guess people who make customs or kit-bash are just lying to themselves?

Working away at it in their garage, they'll fool themselves for a while, sure, but eventually they too will not be able to take the truth. They'll reach for a powerdrill and put it to their temple.

Believe me, I've considered all the possibilities and they all equal death!

Working away at it in their garage, they'll fool themselves for a while, sure, but eventually they too will not be able to take the truth. They'll reach for a powerdrill and put it to their temple.

Believe me, I've considered all the possibilities and they all equal death!

Well, go to the customs thread and inform all of them. And be sure everytime someone shows off a custom they buy to tell them that they bought a lie.

Probably the best we're going to get and it's still miles away from the old P1. Heh, it looks better than Classic's head actually did in the movie :lol.
This is true. And while I'm a stickler for accuracy, I'm glad Hot Toys made this figure how the filmmakers meant it to look instead of how it actually looked.

If ever a thread needed some more pics and official specs, it's now.:lol

Glad to see you used proper punctuation this time. Wouldn't want you to get attacked by a troll again :lol

If ever a thread needed some more pics and official specs, it's now.:lol

Yo daaaamn right. Waitin', waitin'...

blow-up.gif

This is true. And while I'm a stickler for accuracy, I'm glad Hot Toys made this figure how the filmmakers meant it to look instead of how it actually looked.

HT might not have nailed the head dead on but still this piece looks great and I think it does look better than what was in the film. They really did a very nice predator figure and hopefully we'll see P2 or Ram soon. I wouldn't mind waiting on P2 if they would go for Ram because he has all of P2's cool armor. It'll be a while I bet before we see the new P2. HT might be charging more for these now days but look how much better they look now. The new body makes a huge difference for me and I'm very excited to see what will come next.

HT might not have nailed the head dead on but still this piece looks great and I think it does look better than what was in the film. They really did a very nice predator figure and hopefully we'll see P2 or Ram soon. I wouldn't mind waiting on P2 if they would go for Ram because he has all of P2's cool armor. It'll be a while I bet before we see the new P2. HT might be charging more for these now days but look how much better they look now. The new body makes a huge difference for me and I'm very excited to see what will come next.
Ram I assume is the Predator with the big-ass helmet at the end of Predator 2?

The exclusive Predator is more than halfway to a predator 2 reissue already, so i guess I'd be surprised if we don't see an announcement this year.

Regarding pricing, I agree that today's figures are night and day better than where Hot Toys was 3-4 years ago. But at the same time, it's not like they were only trying half as good back then; they've just gotten better at their craft. As something of a tech nerd, I expect new products to be better than the previous but still cost the same. The new iPad is twice as fast and half as thick as the old one, but it doesn't cost twice the price. It costs the same. Hot Toys can't keep upping their prices by $30 a year forever.

If you look at everything the original predator came with for $160 (which itself was a $30 price hike), Classic includes about the same. Add some for today's weaker American dollar and higher wages in Hong Kong, and this figure should come in at $189, tops.

compari.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The Classic from Hot Toys has the proportions of P1, but MOST of the armour details classic - I say most b/c even the HT cod piece is p1 and not classic (with vertical lines)-- the shoulder armour has classic scratches and gauges just like the shin armour.
Classic belt.
for p1 New armour for the most part (most of the changes are cosmetic and texture (scratches etc that can be filled), add trophies. and voila - I think whatever they could get away with (like the cod piece and helmet and body, and some armour parts) they scaled after p1 but distressed / scratched / damaged / painted like Classic.

it's not a big jump for p1 ... especially when proportionally (including the mask) he's almost there...

with about 4 jack sparrows, about 4 jokers from dk, 5 batmans, 2 pred 2s, 2 avp preds, its a sure shot we'll see p1 comeout of this guy...

hopefully sooner than later - I like versions of the same thing...

hopefully darker armour for p1...

I want both =)

P1 needs to come from a clan...

Although its strange to think they reused the top half of the head on the shadow - which is supposed to be like p2, when p1 and p2 have differently shaped heads (flatter on p2 actually) - they same way the Cinemaquette is different than the Screen version of P1 - flatter, higher head...hmm

Last edited:

Although its strange to think they reused the top half of the head on the shadow - which is supposed to be like p2, when p1 and p2 have differently shaped heads (flatter on p2 actually) - they same way the Cinemaquette is different than the Screen version of P1 - flatter, higher head...hmm

Correct me if I'm misunderstanding you, but Snake (Shadow) actually used a P1 head with spiked mandibles in the film.

I wonder if the blades are real metal....hmmm.

Based on what we've heard about HT's Wolverine and other 'metal' products of theirs, it would seem they're plastic with a metal coating of some sort.

Sorry if this was already confirmed, but the extra bio-mask is not battle damaged! :yess:

( As you can see on the bottom left hand corner )

IMGP9122.JPG

Sorry if this was already confirmed, but the extra bio-mask is not battle damaged! :yess:

( As you can see on the bottom left hand corner )

IMGP9122.JPG

looks like a shot from the movie to me :drool

and YESSSSSS the non-damaged bio is icing on the cake!!

It looks so realistic doesn't it?

This is the perfect Predator IMO.

looks great still need the specs come hot toys .

wish SS would have the exclusive super predator skull

Glad that the extra bio mask isnt battle damaged. I'm still really impressed by this figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back