Hot Toys Predators - Classic Predator - Official Specs and Pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Predators - Classic Predator - MMS?

wow, nobody noticed it, you have a sharp eye!

For the people who are sure classic will come with two head sculpts:
34882_423773632824_171015147824_4659891_3022634_n.jpg

^that is amazing.

The waiting is almost over :)

can't really tell but the headsculpt doesn't appear to have removable mandibles, and yet there is a set of mandibles by his feet...this could mean several things...tired of speculating...Hot Toys needs to release the official pics fast!

Wait a minute. Im confused. I thought this figure wouldnt be available for months. I thought this was just a prototype. I dont understand how this SDCC works. Can someone please explain?

I think they're just messing around.

Ram I assume is the Predator with the big-ass helmet at the end of Predator 2?

The exclusive Predator is more than halfway to a predator 2 reissue already, so i guess I'd be surprised if we don't see an announcement this year.

Regarding pricing, I agree that today's figures are night and day better than where Hot Toys was 3-4 years ago. But at the same time, it's not like they were only trying half as good back then; they've just gotten better at their craft. As something of a tech nerd, I expect new products to be better than the previous but still cost the same. The new iPad is twice as fast and half as thick as the old one, but it doesn't cost twice the price. It costs the same. Hot Toys can't keep upping their prices by $30 a year forever.

If you look at everything the original predator came with for $160 (which itself was a $30 price hike), Classic includes about the same. Add some for today's weaker American dollar and higher wages in Hong Kong, and this figure should come in at $189, tops.

You forgot one thing that helps drive prices down....COMPETITION. IPAD will have competition from HP, Dell, Acer, Lenovo and Toshiba as their versions of the ipad are just around the corner. Apple sees this, which is why they are making their newer ipads cheaper so that the competition will struggle trying to keep pace once their versions hit the market.

There is virtually no competition to hot toys in the high end 1/6 scale movie market. Enterbay maybe, but they are still a distant 2nd behind Hot Toys. When you have a virtual monopoly on a given niche market, the prices will not go down. Infact they will go up if the company can get away with it, and so far hot toys has.

Last edited:

maybe i missed something , but why do some of you think it will come with a none battle damaged helmet ?

maybe i missed something , but why do some of you think it will come with a none battle damaged helmet ?

Sorry if this was already confirmed, but the extra bio-mask is not battle damaged! :yess:

( As you can see on the bottom left hand corner )

IMGP9122.JPG

Did you see this photo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back