Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People have posted on Bills facebook page for over a year, I spoke to Bill directly on facebook he ignored the question and never got back to me.

They might make one but I have a feeling they will no longer make any Batman figures and probably lose the license. :dunno

Althought isn't it weird, I mean why Enterbay bought TDK license and made a figure based on a costum which were 15 minutes on the movie? It doesn't makes any sense. Besides Enterbay loves to surpass Hot Toys and post comparison shots of how better their figures are compared to Hot Toys'.

I'd love to see as you said, sculpted eyes (no pers) and one piece head/neck. I think that's the only way we'll get an accurate neck. Besides is ridiculous to separate the neck from the head. If you check your own head and you move from side to side, the neck moves along with the head!!, the only independent movement of the head is upside and down. But you can get that a similiar movement on a figure with the neck joint.

People have posted on Bills facebook page for over a year, I spoke to Bill directly on facebook he ignored the question and never got back to me.

They might make one but I have a feeling they will no longer make any Batman figures and probably lose the license. :dunno

Yeah that to. :lol

Yeah something is up at EB...they were gangbusters for awhile and now NBA after NBA ...

What happened to RoboCop? Batman? Bet the license is gone...

Althought isn't it weird, I mean why Enterbay bought TDK license and made a figure based on a costum which were 15 minutes on the movie? It doesn't makes any sense. Besides Enterbay loves to surpass Hot Toys and post comparison shots of how better their figures are compared to Hot Toys'.

Your right it doesn't make sense so they should of released the TDK suit to begin with, since it is the most popular suit at least among the general population and not die hard Nolan fans. The reason they didn't IMO is because the begins suit is so easy to do, whereas the TDK one is more complicated. Thus, I doubt it will ever happen. :(

I'd love to see as you said, sculpted eyes (no pers) and one piece head/neck. I think that's the only way we'll get an accurate neck.

Yeah I would definitely would love that! :pray:

Besides is ridiculous to separate the neck from the head. If you check your own head and you move from side to side, the neck moves along with the head!!, the only independent movement of the head is upside and down. But you can get that a similiar movement on a figure with the neck joint.

Yeah but people want more articulation, they rather sacrifice articulation than having something that looks natural. Just like the HTs MOS visible neck joint looks horrible. :thud:

Althought isn't it weird, I mean why Enterbay bought TDK license and made a figure based on a costum which were 15 minutes on the movie? It doesn't makes any sense..

It makes perfect sense. It's easier to sculpt and produce.

Yeah something is up at EB...they were gangbusters for awhile and now NBA after NBA ...

What happened to RoboCop? Batman? Bet the license is gone...

They are obviously not listening to their fans, there are more fans wanting other figures than people wanting different NBA players. Personally I think EB just makes what they want that they like. If the fans so happened to like it then it is a bonus to them. :thud:

It makes perfect sense. It's easier to sculpt and produce.

If Enterbay is able to produce such a complicated figure like the BD Terminator, they're able to mass produce TDK Batman costum. On my eyes it looks a lot easier to produce than the BD Terminator.

I swear I just dreamed last night that batman gave me his cape. I was running around buildings and jumping from them :panic:

If Enterbay is able to produce such a complicated figure like the BD Terminator, they're able to mass produce TDK Batman costum. On my eyes it looks a lot easier to produce than the BD Terminator.

I'm sure they could make it, but I doubt they will. Not when Hot Toys are already doing one. It's not worth the risk of losing sales on such a complicated figure to make. And I'd argue that the TDK Batman would be much more complicated to make than the T-800 BD...

I swear I just dreamed last night that batman gave me his cape. I was running around buildings and jumping from them :panic:

:lol

I disagree, while the BD Terminator looks fantastic it looks way easier to make, if u minus the sculpt the rest of the figure is quite bland. The TDK suit is so complex, hence the reason so many people nit pick it to death!

Yeah,you're right the BD T-800 would be a lot easier for them to produce then say a TDK Batman.The reason being that they already had their R&D dept. work on the T-800(clean ver.) so to make a BD one wouldn't be much work.Unlike say a TDK suit which would have to use a lot of resources that Enterbay can't afford to utilize on one such project.For example,the Michael Jordan figure held up assembly on the Django line(canceled),T-800 BD(2nd or 3rd batch),Masked Rider,etc.It's obvious that they can only produce a certain amount of figures at one time!Those that said it would be easier for them to produce the Begins outfit then the TDK are right!If they had gone with the TDK we probably would've still been waiting and who knows how long they had(have) the license for.If they still have it then i wouldn't be surprised if they are developing more for the line including a TDK version but being that it's been over a year since EB Batman release i strongly doubt they still have the license.Hopefully,I'm wrong about this!Personally,I'm banking on HT to make more 1/4 scale figures for this line!I think so anyway!^_^

Yeah,you're right the BD T-800 would be a lot easier for them to produce then say a TDK Batman.The reason being that they already had their R&D dept. work on the T-800(clean ver.) so to make a BD one wouldn't be much work.Unlike say a TDK suit which would have to use a lot of resources that Enterbay can't afford to utilize on one such project.For example,the Michael Jordan figure held up assembly on the Django line(canceled),T-800 BD(2nd or 3rd batch),Masked Rider,etc.It's obvious that they can only produce a certain amount of figures at one time!Those that said it would be easier for them to produce the Begins outfit then the TDK are right!If they had gone with the TDK we probably would've still been waiting and who knows how long they had(have) the license for.If they still have it then i wouldn't be surprised if they are developing more for the line including a TDK version but being that it's been over a year since EB Batman release i strongly doubt they still have the license.Hopefully,I'm wrong about this!Personally,I'm banking on HT to make more 1/4 scale figures for this line!I think so anyway!^_^

That's really cancelled? Those proto types were like dead on! So this is all because of Jordan and NBA figures? How sad. :(

I disagree, while the BD Terminator looks fantastic it looks way easier to make, if u minus the sculpt the rest of the figure is quite bland. The TDK suit is so complex, hence the reason so many people nit pick it to death!

Yep, consider the amount of engineering it requires and different materials needed. First a body suit, preferably made out of fabric.. Then attach all of those armor parts to it. The armor parts on the legs need to be soft as well for articulation. It's definitely not easy to make such a suit. That's why Hot Toys made it out of mostly rubber the first time. The BB suit made by Enterbay were just two pieces they needed to cast and attach to a body.

That's really cancelled? Those proto types were like dead on! So this is all because of Jordan and NBA figures? How sad. :(

Enterbay:
Django Unchained has been targeted by a barrage of criticism for its depiction of slavery in America’s Antebellum South in the 19th century. Among the most outspoken opponents of the merchandising move was Reverend Al Sharpton’s National Action Network and director Spike Lee who called for a national boycott of the film and its merchandise.

The Weinstein Company has officially informed ENTERBAY to discontinue our Django Unchained figurine after receiving complaints that the dolls were offensive and trivialized the horrors of slavery. The Weinstein Company released this statement: "In light of the reaction to the Django Unchained action figures, we are removing them from distribution. We have tremendous respect for the audience and it was never our intent to offend anyone."

ENTERBAY would like to apologize to all customers who has already preorder this item. Please understand that we have no choice but to cancel your preorder and terminate this project. We apologize for all the inconvenience this might have caused you.

Yep, consider the amount of engineering it requires and different materials needed. First a body suit, preferably made out of fabric.. Then attach all of those armor parts to it. The armor parts on the legs need to be soft as well for articulation. It's definitely not easy to make such a suit. That's why Hot Toys made it out of mostly rubber the first time. The BB suit made by Enterbay were just two pieces they needed to cast and attach to a body.

It should be duely noted that Spike Lee tried to sue Spike TV for the use of the word 'spike'....which i hope should illustrate how intelligent Spike Lee is.

The whole Django figure thing makes me as mad as hell!

Enterbay:

Wow makes sense since the Toys R US ones were taken off the market. Thought it would be different since these figures are aimed at adults and not children like the Toys R US ones looked like they were aimed for. Such a shame. :(

:monkey2 Yeah I'm still hurting inside about that!I don't collect 1/6 anymore but i would have definitely made an exception for the Django line!As for the NBA figure dilemma,yeah Bill had stated a while back on his Facebook page about why the delay of their announced figures.

:monkey2 Yeah I'm still hurting inside about that!I don't collect 1/6 anymore but i would have definitely made an exception for the Django line!As for the NBA figure dilemma,yeah Bill had stated a while back on his Facebook page about why the delay of their announced figures.

Well I was never interested in them but really appreciated how well they were made and their amazing likeness. I just see it as a waste of art. :thud:

My friend who is a non collector actually told me there is no way these figures will be released, go figure.

Back