Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, that's a sigh of relief. I am hoping to open the substandard one for my display case with my TDKR full scale cowl, and then tucking away the other two to be left in their factory sealed boxes up in my closet! I had 14 DX 02's and 9 of the DX 12 but after seeing this figure, I sold them all!:cuckoo:

I have just a little bit of OCD!

I can't judge, I'm OCD in my own ways. 14 DX02's and 9 DX12's though, just kept in their boxes? I'm trying to think of what thought processes are behind that unless the intention was always to sell them later. He's not an army builder, if you're worried about wear & tear on your open one...are the other 13 spares?

I can't judge, I'm OCD in my own ways. 14 DX02's and 9 DX12's though, just kept in their boxes? I'm trying to think of what thought processes are behind that unless the intention was always to sell them later. He's not an army builder, if you're worried about wear & tear on your open one...are the other 13 spares?
About 20 years ago someone robbed my house and stole everything in my house including clothes. So when I buy things I think that I overdue it, but I was thinking that maybe years down the road these Batman figures would be worth a lot. I got fooled and sold all of them. Now I just limit my self to two or three things of one item. In my OCD my reasoning is that if something happens to one item, then I have two spares to back it up. I think that having little kids and a house full of six of us plus pets backs it up!

About 20 years ago someone robbed my house and stole everything in my house including clothes. So when I buy things I think that I overdue it, but I was thinking that maybe years down the road these Batman figures would be worth a lot. I got fooled and sold all of them. Now I just limit my self to two or three things of one item. In my OCD my reasoning is that if something happens to one item, then I have two spares to back it up. I think that having little kids and a house full of six of us plus pets backs it up!

Goes to show the impact burglary can have.

I'd probably buy backups aswell if I had the money and space. With Terminator I pretty much do already but I'd also backup my Superheroes etc. I do worry about their outfits degrading or a shelf-dive scratching paint and so on.

That's a large closet. But if you are afraid of burglary then why would you hide those spares in your closet?

Only 3 left at BBTS guys! Remember there's no NRD!

just ordered the one of the 3 left! was gonna wait til some pics came in for this first, but oh well, seems like every place is starting to sell out already of this and i doubt it would get any cheaper then what is being offered now , so just bit the bullet and ordered. will look super dope next to my enterbay 1/4 bats begin.

I just ordered one more of these from BBTS. Mostly out of OCD. I have two standard coming from them, and this last one says SUB standard. Has anyone ordered a Substandard item from BBTS and had good luck with them. In the fine line, it says the figure will be perfect, but the box might have scuffs dings, just wondering if anyone has any comments?

Thanks, that's a sigh of relief. I am hoping to open the substandard one for my display case with my TDKR full scale cowl, and then tucking away the other two to be left in their factory sealed boxes up in my closet! I had 14 DX 02's and 9 of the DX 12 but after seeing this figure, I sold them all!:cuckoo:

I have just a little bit of OCD!

:google :google :google

I'm not judging, because I have my own brand of OCD, but wow...

Goes to show the impact burglary can have.

I'd probably buy backups aswell if I had the money and space. With Terminator I pretty much do already but I'd also backup my Superheroes etc. I do worry about their outfits degrading or a shelf-dive scratching paint and so on.

Right, because if I'm gonna be robbed, I'd rather have 12 of the same Hot Toy stolen rather than just one.

:cuckoo:

I've thought this same thing before myself. :lol

Agreed. Surely, it's cheaper to buy 1/4 scales in the long-run. Less releases, less variants to worry about. That's one of the reasons I switched.

I mean, £300 for a 12 inch Keaton Batman on Ebay?! £200 on Pre-Order? You can get a life-size Iron Man bust for the price of 2 of these secondary market 1/6ers. Or 3 if you go for P-Os. Clearly, 1/4 scale is for the win...:monkey1

Hm nice. Cheers buddy, but i just need a DX12 to finish my Nolan Batman collection lol if you know anyone hit me up :)

Lol, worth a shot ;)... Harder than I thought to re-sell these guys, I'm trying to get into the 1/4 scale line now. Will give you a heads up if I see a DX12 at a good price, I let mine go as I wasn't that impressed.

Some of you people in this hobby either have too much money, or need help. lol.

I need help haha, just started collecting in march and already have 8 hot toys and enter bay figures. Also have a 1/4 batman on the way and this preordered, never would have known how addictive this was.

Back