Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I'm not arguing that there'll be an aftermarket price jump, I'm just saying that it's not going to be as major as people think. The DX 12, for instance; I'd say there was a time where they were going for $500+; now, check out the FS sections; you'll generally find them in the $350-$400 range.

Is that used or new?

Are there already 1/4 scale recast masks available?

No but there is bound to be I imagine, since they made recast of 1/6th ones and they only came with the catwoman EX right?

Really? People are so worried about the empty cowl ??? ... If some day I buy this figure I'll display it as Batman, which makes the empty cowl useless

I WLed the day before SDCC, and nothing, thus far.

Yet there are other people that waitlisted after SDCC and theirs have converted.

Because trying to get the figure to hold the cowl like that is a pain in the arse. :lol :wink1:

That's what I figured (no pun intended). :thud:

I agree. I don't really like my figures holding stuff anyway. Perhaps a gun - but I prefer nothing.

Obviously your not big on movie accuracy when it comes to recreating scenes.

Don't like the Bale sculpt then?

I actually like it a lot. IMO is the best Bale sculpt from Hot Toys to date. Looks a lot like Bale in TDK. The point is I want a Batman figure first, if I had enough money I'd buy two, and the second one would be displayed as Bruce Wayne in the Hong Kong scene.

I actually like it a lot. IMO is the best Bale sculpt from Hot Toys to date. Looks a lot like Bale in TDK. The point is I want a Batman figure first, if I had enough money I'd buy two, and the second one would be displayed as Bruce Wayne in the Hong Kong scene.

Yeah that was my plan, but I thought you didn't like this figure overall?

Why not just switch things up every so often. With and without cowl.

Yeah that was my plan, but I thought you didn't like this figure overall?

I like the figure, minus the Batman headsculpt (too small, ERS eyes looks fake compared to painted eyes, and you don't know how much I dislike the back of his head.. the cowl's texture is also wrong), and the fact the figure is out of scale. In the other hand I'm not so sure we are going to see another TDKR figure in 1/4 scale any time soon... so...

I like the figure, minus the Batman headsculpt (too small, ERS eyes looks fake compared to painted eyes, and you don't know how much I dislike the back of his head.. the cowl's texture is also wrong), and the fact the figure is out of scale. In the other hand I'm not so sure we are going to see another TDKR figure in 1/4 scale any time soon... so...

You seem to not like the same stuff I don't like either, I actually thought the figure was in scale but I did the math again it turns out he should be 19 inches (like EBs) tall instead 18.5 inches tall. :thud:

Obviously you're not big on movie accuracy when it comes to recreating scenes.

They are my figures so I can do what I choose.

From what I can tell, your point suggests that all the figures in the world posed without something in their hands, are not accurate. I'm not sure - there dosen't seem to be any logic to it. :dunno

I find that when a figure is posed with something in its hands, it starts to look more toy-like. Obviously, I am aware that a lot of people don't share this view and as they own their own figures, they are free to do what they choose.

:peace

Why not just switch things up every so often. With and without cowl.

Sure that's an option. But I'm a bit lazy about changing hands and heads. changing hands is speacially hard in some figures. I'm not sure about this one.

They are my figures so I can do what I choose.

From what I can tell, your point suggests that all the figures in the world posed without something in their hands, are not accurate. I'm not sure - there dosen't seem to be any logic to it. :dunno

I find that when a figure is posed with something in its hands, it starts to look more toy-like. Obviously, I am aware that a lot of people don't share this view and as they own their own figures, they are free to do what they choose.

I think you took my post the wrong way, I was certainty not saying there was something wrong with you for not wanting to pose it my way. I mean of course it doesn't have to be screen accurate. I know someone that is up set that the pose on the Blitzway Bruce Lee GOD statue was never seen in GOD and that bothers him.

I was just making a statement man, saying why I would like to see it posed like that, mainly IMO I like that pose. In no way did I think it was bizarre for you to think otherwise and maybe your right it might look more toyish holding something.

BTW I see you like to correct my Grammar I know it is you're and not your, I am just lazy. :lol

Where did you get it? And congrats BTW :)

Thanks man. I pre-ordered at Urbansamuraihobbies around the beginning of September. Was lucky enough to be browsing on the site when someone cancelled their pre-order. I'm thinking since USH are usually the last to get their shipments. retailers like BBTS will probably get their shipment in 2-3 weeks.

As for the exclusive, it's nice to have the empty cowl as an accessory, but I probably wouldn't display it anyway. I can't see myself using the Bale sculpt except to kitbash a 1/4 Bruce Wayne figure. I wouldn't even know where to look for a 1/4 body for that. Frankly I'd use a spare HT 1/4 body to replace the EB Joker body before I'd kitbash a BW.

Last edited:
OMG kind of did the Hong Kong pose but there are no shots front on of it. :slap

TDKRHD4_zps73aacb04.jpg~original

OMG kind of did the Hong Kong pose but there are no shots front on of it. :slap

TDKRHD4_zps73aacb04.jpg~original

Love this one !

I will display this with the mask but i'm sure i will put him also with Bale sculpt and my EB with a classic stand. That's why i bought the ex and i have to say i'm very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Back