Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was never able to change hands on the EB Batman, or even bend the wrists. I'm both lazy and chicken :lol

I still can't move the wrist pegs on mine to bend the wrists. :lol They won't budge! As for the hands, just pull and slowly twist straight to work the holes. But make sure not to bend the pegs. If they break, then you're screwed. I'm apprehensive about using a blow dryer like on the EB Joker because of the rubber suit. I wish the EB figures had the small screw in the wrist pegs that you can loosen like the HT one.

^ I tried that but it's not very safe for the cowl..

What do you mean now safe? What would happen if it fell, would it break?

I was never able to change hands on the EB Batman, or even bend the wrists. I'm both lazy and chicken :lol

Did you try heating the hands with a hair drier in order to swap them? I don't think the EB wrist have the ability to bend like Hot Toys do right? Well you can bend the wrist on this figure without the hands falling off like on the DX12!

9yguvadu.jpg

ezy3arej.jpg

udejaza2.jpg

u4e2y9u4.jpg

First b-day gift, it will be a great dark knight night lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Most likely. It's heavy and hard plastic. Would scratch for sure and leave an ugly mark.

And people are paying over 100 USD for this and its that fragile? I like to know what they plan on doing with it then. :confused:

Is the hand in OMGs pic the only one that can hold the cowl like the Hong Kong scene?

9yguvadu.jpg

ezy3arej.jpg

udejaza2.jpg

u4e2y9u4.jpg

First b-day gift, it will be a great dark knight night lol

Happy birthday, this makes a nice addition to your TDK collection after just buying the QS001. :clap

Thank you mate, really appreciated ! This book is incredible :)

Yeah it looks it, never knew it existed, shows how much of a fan I am then. :slap

Happy birthday, this makes a nice addition to your TDK collection after just buying the QS001. :clap

Yeah it looks it, never knew it existed, shows how much of a fan I am then. :slap

Yeah dude, my TDK collection is getting bigger i'm really happy ^^ ! I also preorder the trilogy compete edition, the discs-book and artworks are amazing :)

Love that. Bane's mask looks awesome there.

Thanks Maglor. When I decided that was the setup I was going for, I struggled some to find a balance with the masks & not make it look cluttered. Joker's mask is good on the beam & the Scarecrow mask seems like it's formed to fit in that spot on the base, but I couldn't find a spot I wanted with Bane's mask...then it came to me...have him hold it. I probably saw a photo somewhere or another doing the same thing.

Thank you mate, really appreciated ! This book is incredible :)

Indeed, there's so much stuff in there I haven't even finished it yet!!

And people are paying over 100 USD for this and its that fragile? I like to know what they plan on doing with it then.

The plastic they used scratches easily, it's the same as the DX12. That's why I recommend everyone to use gloves when futzing with this figure. The scratches aren't deep but light scratches only visible depending on the light and angles. The material doesn't feel cheap at all but if it fell down I can't say for sure that it wouldn't break or leave a deep visible scratch.

________

Took some photos last night that I'm really happy with how they came out. I did the peg mod (giving more height to the figure) and it feels sturdy and has been holding up good so far, with support from the crotch grabber of course. I also placed that steel debris under one foot to add even more height. With the cowl on, Bats almost looks too tall compared to the Joker!

zdbw.jpg

r707.jpg

e0zv.jpg

ig12.jpg

xvcq.jpg

i7c3.jpg

835m.jpg

2hb5.jpg

kf64.jpg

wvb4.jpg

Omg ! Bale holding the cowl is amazing ! Beautifull pictures my friend. Can't wait to get mine !

The way you have made the gloves and gauntlets match at the wrist looks nice - gets rid of that massive gap somepeople have. You also have the underneath shoulderpad pulled down right.

Great pics.

Omg ! Bale holding the cowl is amazing ! Beautifull pictures my friend. Can't wait to get mine !

Thanks buddy. :hi5:

Isnt the empty cowl heavy? Not afraid the hand holding it will fall off because the cowl pulls it down?

Yes the cowl is heavy. But I need to squeeze the hand to be able to pull down the cowl. Tried shaking the figure but it held it good. Has been like that for almost a day. But I'll be securing it with a wire/thread though, in case it would fall. But yeah, the hands are in there pretty tight. I need to use a lot of force to pull the hands out.

Took some photos last night that I'm really happy with how they came out. I did the peg mod (giving more height to the figure) and it feels sturdy and has been holding up good so far, with support from the crotch grabber of course. I also placed that steel debris under one foot to add even more height. With the cowl on, Bats almost looks too tall compared to the Joker!

Better to be too tall rather than too short though.

Nice pics, especially the where Bale is holding the mask.

Yes the cowl is heavy. But I need to squeeze the hand to be able to pull down the cowl. Tried shaking the figure but it held it good. Has been like that for almost a day. But I'll be securing it with a wire/thread though, in case it would fall. But yeah, the hands are in there pretty tight. I need to use a lot of force to pull the hands out.

Sounds like a good idea but will you be able to hide the wire and thread?

The plastic they used scratches easily, it's the same as the DX12. That's why I recommend everyone to use gloves when futzing with this figure. The scratches aren't deep but light scratches only visible depending on the light and angles. The material doesn't feel cheap at all but if it fell down I can't say for sure that it wouldn't break or leave a deep visible scratch.

Hmm ok I have never used gloves before handling figures. Is it really that necessary?

________

I did the peg mod (giving more height to the figure) and it feels sturdy and has been holding up good so far, with support from the crotch grabber of course. I also placed that steel debris under one foot to add even more height.

So the peg mod was not enough that you had to place steel debris under one foot to get him to the right height?

Hmm ok I have never used gloves before handling figures. Is it really that necessary?

No, of course not. But I accidentally scratched the figure and accessories with my nails so I want to avoid that happening again. If you're careful (unlike me :lol) you'll be fine. :wink1:

So the peg mod was not enough that you had to place steel debris under one foot to get him to the right height?

Not sure, I went straight ahead with doing both plus I didn't pull the boots entirely out and then back in as Karnis advised.

Better to be too tall rather than too short though.

Yeah and since he's standing on rocks it doesn't look weird with him being taller.

Nice pics, especially the where Bale is holding the mask.

Thanks!

Sounds like a good idea but will you be able to hide the wire and thread?

Yeah, I'll use a black wire or thread, tie it around the mouth of the cowl, which will be hidden behind the hand and have it tied to either the belt, the stand or the the arm somewhere. I'll think of something.

Yeah, I'll use a black wire or thread, tie it around the mouth of the cowl, which will be hidden behind the hand and have it tied to either the belt, the stand or the the arm somewhere. I'll think of something.

Oh of course if u used BLACK wire or thread then that would make it much easier to hide. :clap

Back